TMFL Rule Additions

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by HotRod, Feb 10, 2010.

1. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    TMFL Rule Additions

As we start Season 3 I want to keep this thing running as a well oiled machine. Towards the end of last season things got ugly with lots of guys not being active on the boards and with their games. From this point on that is unacceptable in TMFL. This is supposed to be a premier league and we need to treat it as such. That being said, I'm going to lay down some guidelines that each TMFL member should try their best to follow.

Forum Activity

Everybody needs to get in the habit of checking the boards 1-2 times a day. There's nothing more annoying than getting flooded with PMs and AIM messages about things that happened when everything is posted here on the boards for mass viewing.

Along with checking the boards I'd like for there to be more content posted by everyone. It doesn't have to be long detailed posts but little interesting notes about things going on with your team. Game recaps, etc. Game recaps should be posted in the game results section. There will be a dedicated thread for each week.

Finally the boards should be your main avenue to schedule your games. This give me proof of effort to schedule games which will help you should you be close to the deadline and need to play CPU. In your scheduling thread you can post your AIM, Gchat info but I don't want to hear any complaint about not getting AIM message responses when that is not the primary scheduling tool.

Gameplay
    Ok this is the thing that needs to be cleaned up a lot. I'm going to give somethings that were big problems last season in terms of gameplay.

1. QB Roll outs
    You should not be rolling out excessively with the QB, I don't care if you are using Vince Young or Mike Vick, rolling out should be in designed plays or when there is legitimate pressure from the defense. Also sprinting backwards on screens are not allowed. Also you should not be dropping back 10 yards with your qb.

2. Passing to RBs
    I do not want to see RBs the leading receiver on a team by more than 30 receptions. To me that is ridiculous. Now there are teams that have receiving threats out of the backfield, but still RBs should not be your main receiving threat.

3. Excessive pitches, screens with RBS
    This was also a huge problem last season. Some guys were over-reliant on pitches and screens especially with fast RBs. This needs to stop. Use variation in your run plays. More than half of your run plays should not be pitches.

4. Moving multiple players on defense pre-play
    If you move a player on defense, you stay on that player until the play starts. Simple as that.

5. Going for it on 4th downs.
    You should not be going for it on 4th down unless it's 4th and 1 past midfield.
    If you are behind by two touchdowns or more in the second half, you can go for it whenever you like PAST the 50 yd line.
    If you are the losing team in the 4th quarter you can go for it on 4th anywhere on the field if you are down more than 1 score. If you are down 1 score or less you can go for it past the 50 on 4th and any yardage at any any time in the 4th.

Finally everybody, this is supposed to be for FUN. We're not playing for money, trophies, or prizes. Lets not take ourselves to seriously and have fun and respect each other. Thanks.

2. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

Can i start my backup running back at slot reciever?

3. LeGeNd RiPs

bump bump

4. trutest

trutest Walk On

From the rules

HB (can sub to 4th/5th WR in a 4/5 WR set)

I'm not sure if #2 applies to the above

5. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Thank you for number 2 & 3.

6. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    just curious what is his rating as a receiver?

7. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Without knowing ur team, moving ur HB to WR(especially slot WR)is cheesy to me.

8. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Yeah he's the Lions so that would be Keller and his 99 spd. And yes we have a rule about RBs and they can be your 4th WR.

9. Herc

Herc Walk On

4th, not your 3rd! or 2nd wr as somene did that picked a set where his HB went to be #2 wr

10. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

It is cheesy...

11. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Ya Keller is pry rated horrible as a WR and will get killed anyway with his 30 injury, keep that beast behind the QB and limit his carries ;)

12. LeGeNd RiPs

Well, he is going to get some carries, but i was just wondering if i could put him at my number 4 reciever. He's like a 73-74 overall at reciever. I just wanted to get him on the field since he's not starting running back for me.

13. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Yes he can be your #4 as per the rules.

14. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Once you see how he plays you will want him to be your starting RB, i said limit his carries because the guy gets hurt every single game, He can't take many hits with his 33 injury rating

15. LeGeNd RiPs

Oh, he'll play. He just won't start. He'll definitely get a legitimate amount of carries so he can progress.

16. Mattraq1

Mattraq1 Walk On

not to hijack the thread, but could somebody explain to me how progressions for rookies work? I had no idea it was based on playing time.

17. LeGeNd RiPs

Well, the better they do the previous season, the more they progress. Simple as that

18. Herc

Herc Walk On

u n eed rules for situations when guys lose connection.

19. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind