TMFL S3 SRS Computer Rankings

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by fuzzyl0gic, Mar 9, 2013.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

TMFL

aarondramp was nice enough to lend me his spreadsheet for calculating SRS rankings that he used last season. I will maintain it this year, it is a bit time consuming. I'm going to quote him for an explanation if you're unfamiliar:

Week 2:

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
    • Like Like x 4
  2. fuzzyl0gic

The AFC South is already fairing much better as a division than last year. It's going to be a hell of a battle for the winner this year.

• Like Like x 1
  3. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

It will be but my prediction is that either you or AzureEffect will be on top while I fight for a third place finish with Rich

4. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

I honestly have no idea what any of that means, even after reading aaron's description.

6. fuzzyl0gic

SRS = your margin of victory PLUS your strength of schedule. Obviously both variables change each week when I enter the scores, lots of iterative calculations.

7. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

You and fuzzy will fight for top, azure will fall off and join me at the bottom.

8. AzureEffect

AzureEffect Walk On

Lol, my team doesn't feel that way right now but I always start off hot...so we will see. I'm playing "Billy Beane" with my team right now and Kurt Warner is the biggest acquisition I've had in all the seasons I've played. Makes me want a Vet QB from here on out.

9. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  10. fuzzyl0gic

TMFL

Here are the rankings through week 5:

[​IMG]
    The NFC South is still holding strong at #1 in the division rankings, 16-3 is quite an impressive combined record. The AFC South has dropped to third place, topped by the AFC East. There is really a drop-off after these three divisions. Peench's auto squad has contributed to five of the losses in the NFC East. Matrix Monkey has really turned his team around from last year so far, leading the SRS rankings with Vick at the helm. ​
    There is little surprise the Eagles are in second place, but they are in a very weak division. Sawemoff has Houston red hot in third place. The NFC South occupies 4 of the next 5 spots, Buffalo has fallen from grace since last season with bad luck in sims. It will be interesting to see how things shake up after the week 6 scores are entered, stay tuned. ​

• Like Like x 2
  11. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

• Like Like x 2
  12. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

No hat tip to the man who freed you from the clutches of Matt-the-butt-fumble-Sanchez?

13. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I always play in complete silence. I'm not blaming them by any means though - you played a nice game Matrix. Stephen Hill owned me.