TMFL: Serious Problem

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Shaun Mason, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Guys,

I screwed up the league file.

XFN requires you to be on Week 1 before it will sync to the off season. I've never advanced through a Madden 12 online franchise, so I made the mistake of thinking I needed to advance to week 1 after the draft was complete on the console. Instead, I advanced past week 1 to week 2.

So, XFN is broken for us.

I've contacted EA to see if there is a way for them to roll back the file on the server for us. If that doesn't happen, we may be done. We will talk about options at that point. I'm terribly sorry, this is my mistake for not understanding what I was supposed to do. I was hurrying to try to get this done tonight and screwed up.

I don't even know how to express how sorry I am.
    Shaun

2. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

That's ok, Shaun I am sure we will figure something out. If not we will bite the bullet and restart. The TMFL is stronger than this, we will survive.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I hate this. It's terrible that I had to do this stuff with no notice or guide...talk about setting someone up to fail.

4. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

• Like Like x 1
  5. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

If we are unable to recover the file, I believe we should talk options right now in order to figure out a back up plan and where we would go from here. I think some prudent planning is called for here in order to be prepared for any and all outcomes.

The way I see it we have options:

1) We can simulate a 3 seasons worth of TMFL on a new franchise file, and get us to the 4th offseason where we currently are. Doing the offseason tasks between each simulation of the league and running the draft. We may not have all the players we want but at least we can acquire some guys in FA and such.

2) We can do a new franchise file with updated rosters and start fresh and new again.

3) We can disband the league until Madden 13 comes out

I see those as the three options we have.

I would be in favor of option 1. We all enjoy the offseason and trades and the draft so we could try to hammer out the 3 seasons in a matter of a week or so. Catch back up with some of the rookies before we head into the 4th offseasons draft. But option 2 also works for me so either one I am okay with. I, however do not want to disband until Madden 13, but those are the three options if we are unable to reacquire the file.

6. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Keep in mind I will be totally unavailable for 4 days next week.

7. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Shaun if you need some guidance in any aspect to it I will be happy to help out in any way possible and anything you might have a question on I will gladly answer or if I don't know the answer will find it out to make sure everything runs as smooth as possible.

8. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I'd never seen the administration stuff on XFN before yesterday OR the commish tools on Madden 12 prior to a couple of hours ago...it's no wonder I failed.

9. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

I understand that and while those 4 days you are gone, we can have season one's simulation done on the console and during which like in GMFL I can run a skype chat for people who would like to be present for it and hear results. On Sunday we can proceed with season's one draft, using tomorrow to do trades and resignings. After that, we can do season 2 while you are gone and work on offseason tasks, such as trades and resignings until you return and allow you to handle your resignings and any deals you wish, conduct season's 2's draft, and sunday do season 2's draft as well as season 3 sim and begin offseason, and boom we are caught back up (y)

10. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Not a problem man, we will figure it out one way or the other and however it proceeds it proceeds. What is done is done, we all live and learn (y)

11. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Shaun Mason

It's an honest mistake man..sad to see some of it go. But on the bright side, simming 3 seasons wouldn't be all that bad..just play GM..

If I knew yall were going into offseason so quickly I would have helped you! Don't forget I'm around here man if you have questions..

12. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

yeah, there is no backing out...

Sorry that happened man... you guys should have hit me up, I am an XFN expert. I run my league on there too. Tough spot we are in because the draft is skipped too.

13. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

Maybe the plan can be to sim this season get to the next offseason... and i would be glad to help with all the proper step by steps for the offseason.

14. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

I am cool with whatever we do...

I work all day today and then have a planned dinner with my in-laws directly following work. It may be tough for me to have too much activity on the forums today until about 830 PM tonight. With that said, I will do my best to keep up with whats going on using my cell phone. If we happen to be required to do any prep work in anticipation of a draft tomorrow, I may be on the slow side of getting that information in as my day in jammed pack. Rest assure, i will do what I can in the most timely fashion possible, but I am handicapped today in regards to access to a computer. Just wanted to make sure that is communicated on the front end of the day.

15. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

dont worry about it shaun these things happen man

if we have to start again so be it

16. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

2 things as im a new guy.

First Shaun its all good man everybody makes mistakes.

Second I am for simming the season and getting to season 4 or restarting whether we start at the beginning or go to season 3

17. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

4th option is just not use xfn and do everything manually

• Like Like x 2
  18. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Don't sweat it Shaun , I think all of us that have played NCAA knows that these things are fragil anyway, no biggie.

Far as my 0.02 I would be down to restart whole file or sim whole season , shit I have I my played a half I one game so it's whatever for me. We have a solid group of players here, we will be fine long term ;)

19. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Don't sweat it Shaun , I think all of us that have played NCAA knows that these things are fragil anyway, no biggie.

Far as my 0.02 I would be down to restart whole file or sim whole season , shit I have I my played a half I one game so it's whatever for me. We have a solid group of players here, we will be fine long term ;)

20. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

Would it be possible to sim 2014 season, and start with 2015 offseason with same draft positions??

21. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

We could start over and try to recreate our teams as best we can, year by year. Make the trades we have now and draft the players we have now until we reach this same point again.

22. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Win for the Lions. Updated roster is better than everyone on my team progressed for 4 years.

23. Masler

Masler Moderator

Well off to pawn Madden....kiddinggg

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

that would blow for some of us new guys with poop rosters ..... personally I would have never moved Ngata or Ray Rice off of Ravens , let alone pick up Tony Homo :doodie:

But if that's what everybody would want I would suck it up I spose'

25. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

just start again lol