TMFL Sports News (Season 2)

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Black Republican, Nov 21, 2014.

?

TMFL Season 2 Most Feared Player (1 D / 1 O)

1. Ryan Mallett QB HOU

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Eric Ebron TE DET

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. LeSean McCoy RB PHI

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
  4. Giovani Bernard RB CIN

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  5. Demaryius Thomas WR DEN

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  6. Percy Harvin WR SEA

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  7. Dez Bryant WR DAL

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  8. Von Miller LB DEN

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Jadeveon Clowney LB HOU

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  10. Calais Campbell DE ARI

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Justin Houston LB KC

7 vote(s)
    43.8%
  12. Karlos Dansby LB CLE

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Marcell Dareus DT BUF

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  14. Aqib Talib CB DEN

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. Nick Roach LB OAK

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

[​IMG]

Season 2 Review + Playoff Bonus

STATE OF THE LEAGUE : Week 16 ... One week left before teams move forward to the Playoffs. A lot of owner/coach changes hit TMFL for season 2. New coaches took over the Bears, Cardinals, Saints, Ravens, Lions, Jets, Panthers; another season with such turnover will surely result in CPU ownership. Surprises this year are the 13-1 Detroit Lions and the 12-2 Tennessee Titans! The key to the Lions success is directly related to their very talented draft class. Moving Megatron paid off very nicely with 3 defensive players in mention for rookie of the year honors! Coach Rusty Ray has managed Matt Staffords turnovers and the Lions are a front runner for Homefield advantage throughout the playoffs.
    The Titans and J. Waddy are finding success through a balanced attack and tried veterans on defense! Zach Mettenberger looks to be the true QB for the future; only throwing 12 INTs on the year is very good considering his 407 attempts, and a very tough AFC South schedule. Bishop Sankey, Justin Hunter and Khambrel Cunningham provide the Texans with young talent to keep the Titans poised to make a run at the crown for the rest of the TMFL file!

FUN FACT 1 : Two players have torn Achilles Tendons, both players are done for their career!
    Falcons LB - Sean Weatherspoon
    Bears LB - Christian Jones

FUN FACT 2 : Injuries Hurt! Several team lost 5+ players for multiple weeks with an OVR >80
    Bears, Browns, Lions, Raiders

FUN FACT 3 : Taking a beating! Johnny Manziel has been battered leading the league with 57 sacks. Ryan Tannehill is right behind JF with 56.
    Teams keeping their QB up right have a combined 26-2 record. Eagles/Foles (14), Lions/Stafford (17)

FUN FACT 4 : Every time rookie Carolina Panther RB Jaquese Clarke totes the rock there is a
    29% chance he WILL fumble the ball. Clearly the worst in the league!

FUN FACT 5 : The Blind Side! Raiders LT Anthony Castonzo has given up 11 sacks. While the Bills LT Cordy Glenn has yet to give up a sack all year long.

SGT SLAUGHTER'S BAMF AWARD
    [​IMG]
    Badass MF'er

C.J. MOSLEY MLB - Ravens - 136 Tackles, 6 Sacks, 9 Defl, 1 FF (through 15 games)
    This man has taken HoF Ray Lewis' job and has excelled greatly, arguably the best MLB in the league at this point in his young career!

Fantasy Must Start : RYAN MALLETT - QB
    A safe keeper / fantasy team dynasty player, Ryan Mallett is a sure bet for weeks 16 & 17 and in the playoffs! Arian Foster can't stay healthy leaving the Texans with a Andre Johnson, Tyrell Powell and DeAndre Hopkins to catch passes, all of which will probably end the season with 1,000 yards through the air.

DRILL SGT's Top 10 Power Ranking :
    rankings.JPG

TALE OF THE TAPE : The Eagles loss was on the road in Detroit... The Seahawks only loss comes on the road in San Francisco, three nail biting wins over the Cowgirls, Steelers and Vikings. The Texans are high powered but without Foster they go HAM through the air which is good in a dome, but on the road we'd worry. Took sim Loss to Titans. The Titans went on an early two game skid to the Colts & Chargers both on the road but have handled business every week since! Da LIONS, argubably the #1 team, beating the Eagles H2H, only loss was in a sim to the Packers!
    In the upset of the year, the Browns slayed the Chiefs to start a 3 game skid for the Chiefs. Their latest loss was to the Broncos again on the road! The Bengals have been on a roll, only concern is the blowout loss at home vs the Seahakws. New Jersey Giants offensive line is playing great, only time they lose is when they fail to establish a running game. With Cruz & Bradford out for the year the GMen are limping into the playoff picture. The Raiders have a similar story with players hurt while also playing in a brutal division but will make the playoffs and possibly end someones season early! The sneaky cowboys keep finding ways to stay in the hunt and super competitive. The boys are likely to sneak into the playoffs given the bad records from other NFC wild card contenders!

Cliff Notes : Home field advantage is REAL, the tier 1 teams only losses have come on the road.

PLAYOFF OUTLOOK & PREDICTIONS :
    playoffs3.jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • Awesome Content Awesome Content x 4
  2. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I picked McCoy for the offensive side. I have to face him 2 times a year so that and the fact that he spin moved my whole team makes him my most feared. I actually haven't played the teams with the defensive players.

3. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Interesting since our only loss so far was a F**CKING sim that cost me 3 starters and that we handled the Eagles...yes I said handled...that they would 4 spots ahead of us in the homer rankings.

Sweet jesus...is all I can say.

4. Black Republican

Daddy League's rankings, they use some sort of statistical calculation, don't get your panties in a bunch fella...

• Like Like x 1
  5. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Those are from our Daddy Leagues Web site. So no homering going on. lol

6. BRUCE80

Jow...is a homer.

7. Black Republican

;)

8. BRUCE80

It was a great bit of league content...even with the blatant homerism.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. kcstlmang

kcstlmang Walk On

thanks for the love :greedy:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  10. charter04

charter04 Walk On

My pick on Defense is Sherman. I never go his way. I'm sure he would have a lot of INT's if guys weren't scared to throw at him. Bruce Irvin might get my vote too. 15 sacks this year. I can't really be scared of the guys I haven't faced. So those two guys get my vote.

• Like Like x 2
  11. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I'm surprised Sean Lee wasn't on that list since Black Republican made it. lol. I guess you have to actually play 16 games first. He is my most feared because I fear he is going to get injured every time he makes a tackle.

12. Black Republican

Yea hes too fragile lol... But he would be up there with Clay Matthews, Aldon Smith, Derrick Johnson

13. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I need to file a grievance! How could Marcel Dareus not make the most feared list?! That man single handedly makes my defense, stuffing RB's for the #2 run defense in TMFL and recording 13 sacks so far, 2nd best in the TMFL. I demand a recount. AFC East gets no respect!

I voted for McCoy as my most feared, although he didn't light me up to bad, that spin move he put on the entire Cowboys team qualifies him for me. If I was choosing MY personal most feared, it'd be Chiefs MLB Derrick Johnson. mboda users that guy and its like he's all over the field.

14. Black Republican

Damn i remember looking at him, cant believe i missed him

15. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I throw at him all the time. Kaep's confidence and accuracy have been so bad he can't even hit a defender.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Black Republican

*updated poll

17. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

go Raiders! and nick roach!

18. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Good to see Dez get some love.

19. UniQue2Three

UniQue2Three Walk On

I voted for dez :) in glad to see percy get some love too

• Like Like x 1
  20. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Von Miller has told me the lack of votes is a lack of respect and that he is looking forward to destroying every QB he faces next season.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Black Republican

No love for Miller or Talib .. Talib had a great season!

• Like Like x 1