TMFL- Week 1 News and Notes

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by PAgamer07, Sep 11, 2012.

1. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

[​IMG]

Time permitting, this will become a regular feature. I'll discuss the biggest wins, the biggest losses, rumors around the league and of course, because this is the TMFL, controversy.

[​IMG]

The Cleveland Browns open the season with one of the biggest shockers. They dismantled a very good Philadelphia Eagles squad. Shaun Mason had this to say when asked about his biggest victory: "*flexes*" . A man of few words that Mr. Mason is. MartyWebb has a lot of work to do in a very good NFC East. Mike Vick was putrid, throwing 2 INT and less than 100 yards passing. On the ground, Lasean McCoy was equally bad, but that was just poor playalling as he only carried it 9 times. Yes, Ferris, 9 times.

[​IMG]

And there we have it. The most improbable stat line already in the TMFL. And it's only year 1, week 1 !! Tom Brady threw for a whopping 604 yards. This record has been in existence since Norm Van Brocklin set it in 1951. The TMFL's commissioner has to be embarassed about this one. Some may think it's legit, some blame the quarter length (which is assinine). I call BS on this one. Cheese of the year so far right here niuhuskie224

[​IMG]

This was a statement win for the new Seahawks regime. They absolutely destroyed Arizona 38-3. All while only racking up 330 yards of total offense. Is JFace907 defense this good, or is TEClemson53 offense that bad? I think the latter. They only really have one weapon on offense, but unfortunately it's tough to get him the ball when their QB is 1)woefully innacurrate 2) on his back.

[​IMG]

The G-Men continued right where they left off last year, as coach I Peench destroyed coach sawemoff 45-10. Eli Manning threw for 3 TD, and the 2 headed monster of Ahmad Bradshaw and David wilson combined for 180 yards rushing and 3 TD. What happened to that "improved" Dallas defense?

League Rumors:

• University of Cincinatti QB Stacey Knight has been mentioned as "the most dynamic playmaker in college football." Where will he end up? Is this an accurate assessment?
    • One unnamed coach was heard as this writer was passing by, "Too many people act like they get a paycheck from this shit and run the same plays over and over. I should create a segment entitled, why is this guy even in the league?"
    • Tweet of the night- "The Buccaneers couldn't stop a nosebleed today, and no way they were stopping the Panthers from winning."
    More to come as the week progresses

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
    • Like Like x 16
  2. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

3. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

love it

4. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Always enjoy your league recaps

5. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Shaun Mason isn't nearly as embarrassed as Tom Brady is with his 8 turnover day.

6. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    What size shirt do you wear?

big_cheese_t_shirt_tshirt-p235760986639905077b7x08_400.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  7. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

XL

Will look good.

8. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I'm still shaking my head at 600 yards passing.....hopefully that isn't something that becomes a trend, because there is sim and then there is NFL blitz....I think everyone knows where that stat falls.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dru50

And not to beat a dead horse, but I'm trying to wrap my head around how two teams combine for that many points in 8 minute quarters. Is every throw going 20-30 yards downfield? I think NE had only like 30 pass completions for those 600 yards, so that's a 20 yard per catch average, which is crazy.

In the gameplay discussion thread guys were talking about mixing up playcalling, etc. I've got to think that constantly throwing deep has to factor into that discussion as well, right? And the excuse that someone is down 2 TD's and had to throw deep constantly doesn't really hold much water to me. Just because you are down early doesn't mean that you throw reality to the wind.

I'm going to drop the topic, but to have the first score I saw in this league (which I really have high expectations for) include a stat like that was very disconcerting to me.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

11. Hova

There is no accel clock, its going to be hard when you cant run the ball to keep numbers down in a competitive game

12. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Come on man. 600 yards? Really? You have to self conciously draw a line somewhere.

Furthermore, there are several OD's here (mine included) who use and have used 8 minute quarter length with no accel clock. Since NCAA '11 we have used 8 minute quarters and I have never seen a 600 yard game. I think Ive only seen 1 500 yard game.

13. Dru50

Just because running is harder than passing doesn't mean people should abandon the run when they fall behind by 7+ points.

Dang it - OK, now I'm going to drop it.....

• Like Like x 1
  14. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Good stuff PA!

15. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Some nosebleeds are really hard to stop.
    [​IMG]

16. Hova

600 is ridic no doubt there. Just sayin the stats could be heavier but not record breaking heavy lol

17. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I'm just keeping my mouth shut on this one. This topic is too hot to handle.

18. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

Then what is the point of posting ? lol....... unleash the fury

19. Keller

To show that I'm involved and following along.

20. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

That's a little harsh. It's not like I got my ass kicked. I'm going to hack his twitter.

21. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  22. Keller

What is he even saying?

• Like Like x 1
  23. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Ok I will explain again for the group. A lot of my passes had yards after the catch. A lot of my passes were short to the rb and te but gronk and Hernandez can break tackles.

Brady threw 5 int's and fumbled 3 times. I punted once or twice. I had 17 or 18 possessions. How does that compare to other games? I had 3 picks in the red zone. I trailed by 17 for practically the entire game. People have played me before. I don't cheese or use money plays. The pats run 3 4 and 5 wide sets. I mixed it up. They don't run a ton and run less when trailing by 10 or more.

The guy I played had 52 points. Can someone explain to me what I am supposed to do, down 14 in the 4th and being in the 450 yard range? Am I supposed to stop to avoid a big number because the number is unsim?

I am not proud of the 602. I am going to guess this is an outlier.

If there is a lot of YAC and I have 18 possessions, what should it look like?

I am not trying to be confrontational but I didn't do this to be cheesy and didn't play cheesy. It happens. I said last night it was a classic madden game. Int's that didn't make sense. Fumbles that should have been recovered by my guys at times but weren't.

If you take the number as is, yes 600 is a lot. If you dig deeper, it makes more sense. Not sure what else to say.

24. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

"Fucking Keller..."

• Like Like x 1
  25. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

I am not proud of the 600 for the record. And didn't realize it was that high until after the game. I played the game as straight as I could and it happened. I will get to play most of you so you can see what I do. I won't run and hide from it.