TMFL- Week 2 News and Notes

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by PAgamer07, Sep 13, 2012.

1. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

[​IMG]

After an exciting Week 1, its time to take a look at the happenings around the TMFL in week 2.

[​IMG]

Coach TEClemson53 has to be wondering what is going on with his special teams. For the 2nd straight week, they gave up a punt return for a TD. This time to niuhuskie224 and Wes Welker. You would think stud CB Patrick Peterson would be the one returning kicks, but it is the opposition. The Cardinals are now 0-2 although they did keep this one much closer.

[​IMG]

capp34 has his Saints off to a 2-0 start. This week was a huge win over fuzzyl0gic and the Panthers. The ball was in the air this entire game as both teams only combined for 27 rushing attempts on the day. Steve Smith and Jimmy Graham led their teams with 133 yards and 112 yards respectively. After this win, you have to like the Saints chances this year.

[​IMG]

The Cowboys are now 0-2 on the year and sawemoff can't be happy. Marshawn "beast mode" Lynch was the story today. He rumbled, bumbled, and stumbled for 123 yards and 3 TD. Coach JFace907 was surprisingly upset after this win complaining about the officiating.

[​IMG]

RGIII was the story in St. Louis this week. He turned around what was a sloppy performance in week 1, to an excellent performance this week. Coach MoonBBad had to be happy with his 285 yards, 2 TD and NO INT day. On the other side of the field, Matrix Monkey has to be scratching his head and wondering how he can get a win. They have to get more production out of Steven Jackson. He rushed for 29 yards on 14 carries.

[​IMG]

HovaTheGodMC has to be happy with his 2-0 start. This win against JohnnyClutch and the 49'ers had to have been a big stepping stone for this team. "Their corners were good, they pressed us all game and we couldn't do anything about it., " said coach Adams. "And Suh was in our backfield all day. 3rd play of the game we're in 3rd and 30. Tough to win that way." What coach Adams neglected to mention was that Matthew Stafford was nearly perfect on the day. Play some defense Coach.

Latest Rumors

• The biggest story so far in the early part of Week 2 has been the officiating. Coaches across the league are up in arms about the amount of yellow on the field this week. Although there has not been an official statement from the commissioner's office, rumor has it he was unhappy with all the blown calls in Week 1.
    • HB Jhavid Best is expected to miss some time on the season as he was injured against the 49'ers. Expect a big week out of Michael Leshoure in Week 3.
    • Scouts are raving about the size and strength of 6'4" 330 lbs. Bubba McCoy out of Texas Tech. "We think this kid has the ability to be an excellent nose tackle in the NFL," said one scout.

• Like Like x 7
  2. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Nice read. Yeah my defense has not played well at all against Rodgers or Stafford. We have two sacks in two games. Might be time for a new defensive coordinator.

3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Superb work PAgamer07 - loving these notes. The scouting bit was a nice touch too.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

I'd say if we're all bitching about the officiating........ then it's pretty damn realistic (replacement refs)

5. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Very pleased with my defense thus far. I expect them to struggle at some point. I haven't really had to open up my offense yet with Staff and Co so I guess that is a good things. Best going down hurts but it is only for 4 weeks.

6. PAgamer07

Leshoure's stats week 2 lead me to believe he will be just fine.

7. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

How about his week 1 stats? 16 carries, 24 yards. lol

8. PAgamer07

Ouch! They really need to "improve" the ccm site a bit or I would have caught this. I retract my earlier statement :p

9. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I hope that bolded section is hyperbole by you PA and not an indication of Hova's defensive strategy.....

10. PAgamer07

That's a question for Coach Adams. I'm just reporting post game comments. Take it for what it's worth ;)

11. Dru50

Wonderful.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Stop stealing my sarcastic retorts for the day!

13. Dru50

Who says I was being sarcastic?

{looks for reasons to be unavailable when the Detroit game comes up}

14. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

You got the unhappy part right PAgamer07! I am confused as well with DeMarco Murray already having 5 fumbles in two games so hopefully we can get back on track in Week 3 against Bondzai 's Bucs.

15. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

As an added bit of news, the Texans are now looking for new management as the coach has resigned. Disagreements in philosophy with management on gameplay and personal was cited for the resignation and the team just wanted a change in direction. Best of luck to the new head coach.

16. PAgamer07

:eek:

Are you serious????

17. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Yeah... No hard feelings. Just what I want out of the league and the direction Shaun wants don't see eye to eye. I love the content and some of the guys in here, but I dislike the gameplay settings and the roster management aspect. I just wasn't having fun. I didnt want my lack of enjoyment in the league to be reflected in the effort I put in. So, we agreed it was probably best we parted ways now so someone can take over the team early on.

18. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I've said this repeatedly, I'll adjust settings and create rules as I see necessary. I'm not going to debate settings or trades. I'm fine with feedback on both, but in the end I will think with the best interest of 32 users.

If the direction I've set isn't your cup of tea that's fine, there are plenty of interested people.

19. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Wasn't trying to make an ulImatum. But if I am not enjoying it then it's best to open the spot for someone else.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  20. PAgamer07

[​IMG]

The Vikings continue to roll this year and have moved to 2-0 in the NFC North. Kasper continues to be impressed with Adrian Peterson, who rushed for 133 yards and 2 TD behind 16 carries. For ZCar352 turnovers from Andrew Luck continue to hurt the team. This week he threw 2 picks, brining his season total to 6. Their defense struggled to stop the run all game. They do have to be happy with Donald Brown though, as he put up 91 yards on the ground on 14 carries. Perhaps they should lean on the ground game a bit more to get Luck more comfortable?

[​IMG]

Ho-Hum... Another blowout win for the Giants this week as they beat Bondzai and the Bucs by 23 points. I Peench has to be happy with all phases of his team's play. Eli Manning had another mistake free game, and their RB duo of Wilson and Bradshaw gained over 180 yards on the ground. The Buccaneers defense has been giving up a lot of points this year. Coach Bond has to find an answer soon, or it will be a long, long season.

[​IMG]

New coach @gravityy opened his TMFL debut with a win over divisional rival Jacksonville. Although they gave up 34 points in the win, they had to be impressed by their defense accounting for 8 sacks. 3 of those by Antonio Smith. The Jaguars are now 0-2 on the year and LSUTRUTH is most definitely going to hit the practice field hard this week.

Other News

• Tough blow to the Jets defense as LB Bryan Thomas suffered a torn quad during their game with Pittsburgh. Expect a defense that was exposed to the run game to be seeking some answers. This is a tough loss for this defense.
    • WR Dwayne Bowe signed a contract extension with the Chiefs and looks to be the goto guy in KC. Now they just need a QB.
    • After 2 games Eli Manning has a nearly perfect QB rating. When will defenses be able to figure him out?
    • The CCM Website needs a lot of work. Team and player stats are absent and I can only look at my own stats. Also missing standings. Shaun Mason any word on this?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  21. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Good stuff once again PA, reality might set in within the next couple weeks though with San Fran coming to town and then a trip to Detroit Rock City...

23. PAgamer07

I wouldn't be worried about San Francisco. JohnnyClutch is a colossal disappointment... Detroit on the other hand? Better bring your A game.

24. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Yeah i am dreadfully bad in this game. Especially on run offense.

25. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

As I Peench said after our game.

"The Giants d-line is like a built in cheat code."

• Like Like x 2