TMFL- Week 4 News and Notes

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by PAgamer07, Sep 17, 2012.

1. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

[​IMG]

Week 4 has officially started and this season is moving fast! Going to take a look at some of the statistical leaders this week and time permitting provide some actual news :)

Team Offensive Stats (includes week 4 games)

[​IMG]

Most Passing Yards: Denver Broncos- 1098 yards, Green Bay- 1069 yards, Oakland- 1067 yards

[​IMG]

Least Passing Yards: Philadelphia Eagles- 240, Tampa Bay Buccaneers- 416 yards, Miami Dolphins- 429 Yards

[​IMG]

Most PPG- Houston Texans- 37.0 PPG, Seattle Seahawks- 36.7 PPG, Oakland Raiders- 36.3 PPG

[​IMG]

Least PPG- Tampa Bay Buccaneers- 9.3 PPG, Philadelphia Eagles- 12.3 PPG, Arizona Cardinals- 12.7 PPG

[​IMG]

Most Rushing Yards- Jacksonville Jaguars- 620 yards, Pittsburgh Steelers- 605 yards, San Diego Chargers- 558 yards

[​IMG]

Least Rushing Yards- Tampa Bay Buccaneers- 144 yards, Green Bay Packers- 146 yards, Indianapolis Colts- 175 yards

Team Defensive Stats (includes week 4 games already played)

[​IMG]

Most Passing Yards allowed- Denver Broncos- 1232 yards, Jacksonville Jaguars- 1147 yards, Carolina Panthers- 1085 yards

[​IMG]

Least Passing Yards allowed- Arizona Cardinals- 296 yards, Cleveland Browns- 384 yards, Indianapolis Colts- 441 yards

[​IMG]

Most Rushing Yards allowed- Miami Dolphins- 697 yards, Indianapolis Colts- 686 yards, San Diego Chargers- 579

[​IMG]

Least Rushing Yards allowed- Pittsburgh Steelers- 61 yards, New Orleans Saints- 95 yards, Detroit Lions- 138 yards

[​IMG]

Most Points Allowed: Denver Broncos- 33.25 PPG, San Diego Chargers- 31.75 PPG, Dallas Cowboys- 31.25 PPG

[​IMG]

Least Points Allowed: Pittsburgh Steelers- 9 PPG, New York Giants- 14.67 PPG, New Orleans Saints- 16.33

[​IMG]

Best Turnover Differential: Pittsburgh Steelers +13, Miami Dolphins +7, Seattle Seahawks +6

[​IMG]

Worst Turnover Differential: Houston Texans -8, Denver Broncos -7, Dallas Cowboys -7

• Like Like x 2
  2. PAgamer07

Surprising Standout Performers:

[​IMG]

Andy Dalton is one of 5 quarterbacks with a QB rating of 133+. The others probably don't surprise anyone: Eli Manning, Ben Rothlisberger, Matthew Stafford and Drew Brees.

[​IMG]

Ryan Matthews surprisingly is tied for 5 rushes of over 20 yards. Next is no surprise in MJD

[​IMG]

Chad Johnson of the Carolina Panthers leads the league in receptions with 24. Unfortunately, none of those have been for TD.

[​IMG]

Jordy Nelson leads the league in YAC with an impressive 243. No way this guy is that fast...

[​IMG]

MLB Derrick Johnson is 2nd in TFL and tied for 1st in tackles. This one really surprised me as the Chiefs as a team weren't in the tops in many defensive categories.

[​IMG]

Four players are in the league lead in sacks with 5. Two of them play for the Raiders- Lamaar Houston (Who?) and Richard Seymour.

• Like Like x 4
  3. PAgamer07

[​IMG]

@Kansas City gets a big Week 4 win over rival San Diego. I really thought San Diego was the team to beat in this division, so the Chiefs surprised me here. Even more surprising was the 5 turnovers committed by San Diego. The Chargers are a run heavy team this year, so if they get behind, it could be a long day. CB Stanford Routt moved into the league lead in INT in this one, pickign off Phillip Rivers twice.

[​IMG]

Time to take the Bengals for real. Timpegoose has them playing very well, and this was a huge road win in overtime. You have to love games that are decided in OT, and this one was no exception. The key play here was a Maurice Jones Drew fumble to set up the game winning FG. I have no idea how LSUTRUTH is getting so many sacks, but he added 7 more in this ball game. Dalton survived and had a great 123.4 QB rating.

[​IMG]

Dru50 with a huge win over the Dallas Cowboys on the road. To be honest, I am surprised at this box score. sawemoff and his defense stuffed Forte and Bush all day as they only had 65 yards rushing on 27 carries. Tony Romo though, was not up to the task of matching up with Jay Cutler and Cutler was spot on today with a 131.9 QB rating. Romo was AWFUL. 10-17 for 130 yards and 2 INT. Yuck.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

sawemoff outplayed me in that game and there were about 3 game turning plays where he was inches from getting an INT on a great read by his user controlled safety that would have flipped that score.

5. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

great stuff

6. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

You played good and capitalized on my mistakes. You are a solid player man and the best of luck to you in your division!

7. Dru50

Thanks, same to you. I enjoyed shooting the breeze about our real life team's debacles this week while we played as well. Good luck to you going forward.

8. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

Most PPG Most Turnovers. Awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dru50

Blitzing a lot with man coverage behind it?;) I know that theory works WAY too well in NCAA, and I'm assuming it would in Madden as well. In any case, I can give you a scouting report after he and I play next week

• Like Like x 1
  10. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I honestly don't even remember. I didn't think that was the case. His DT had 3 sacks, and he users the MLB so it may have just been my line being shitty.

11. PAgamer07

Hell Im Blitzburgh and I only blitz maybe 50% or a little more.

12. Dru50

For the record, I was joking and not trying to denigrate the play-style of LSU in any way. I'll wait to do that after he beats me.:D

• Like Like x 1
  13. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Haha I know, I just figured I'd explain the 7 sacks he had from my point of view. Mostly just my interior line being a POS :)

14. Dru50

Not a good sign for me then, I doubt your interior OL is worse than mine....

15. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Cheez received his well-deserved beating after his mockery on the Naked Boot.

16. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Our game will make an appearance in my next set of picks. Don't you worry about that.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Did you really throw for 560 yards?

18. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

Yeah already am talking to Shaun about it.

• Like Like x 1
  19. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

Lol. I very rarely bring more than 5. I Run more zone than anything. My DL is solid. And branch is a beast.