TMFL - Week S1W4 News and Notes

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by fuzzyl0gic, Dec 10, 2012.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

[​IMG]
    The first quarter of the season will draw to a close tomorrow night, so let's take a look around the recent happenings in TMFL.​
    The Undefeated:​
    [​IMG]
    @sawemoff leads the pack with a blow out win over the Chicago Bears in week four (38-10), and now has his Cowboys sitting on 4-0 on the season. It all started with a close win over the Giants in week one, and this team seems to have caught fire. They average 28 points per game while only allowing 11 points per game from their opponent. Watch out NFC East.​
    [​IMG]
    Moving to the NFC North, HovaTheGodMC has his Lions at 3-0 so far this year. They haven't been putting up big numbers on offense, but they are 4th in the league in rushing yards and are playing great defense. They will face a banged up Vikings team this week, and expect to improve their record to four straight wins.​
    [​IMG]
    It's no surprise that Gyrene76 has his Cardinals at 3-0, he took a Jaguars team with little depth to the Superbowl. He has had some very close games though, wining his first two by seven and six, and then barely topping the Eagles with a 14-13 victory. The Cardinals play a very tough Dolphins team this week, it will be a true test of their defense.​
    [​IMG]
    These next two teams come from the same division out of the AFC West. Coach Baron has two impressive wins over the NFC South in defeating the Saints in week one and the Falcons in week three. The real head turner is the 27-24 win over Keller and the Bills, experts were predicting a 20 point margin of victory. The Chiefs and the Raiders meet up in week eight of the season, they both could remain undefeated coming into that game.​
    [​IMG]
    Coach Kasper is the last of the remaining undefeated teams, he is doing what nobody thought possible and winning games with the Raiders. His man coverage scheme shut down the Steelers passing game in week three, and the defense also racked up TEN sacks in this game. League insiders are reporting cheese, but nothing is confirmed at this point. The Raiders play a struggling Broncos team this week, so TEClemson53 better have his man beaters ready.​
    The Defeated:​
    [​IMG]
    Coach I Peench is in unfamiliar territory, as his team is struggling so far this year (1-3). Untimely turnovers have costed Peench and his Giants some close games. They will get hot eventually and make their playoff run, it's only a matter of when. They are still a league leader in offense.​
    The lone winless team in the AFC is none other than the Bills. It's no surprise Keller is struggling with a declined trade for a promising rookie QB. He has had some close games, but his team isn't there yet. In the NFC, there are four teams yet to win a game. One of them is bound to get their first win, as Bondzai and his Bucs play the Redskins coached by MoonBBad. SimFBallCritic and the Vikings are really struggling under a new coach and a backup QB. JFace907 and his Seahawks are searching for their first win, they lost a heart breaker in OT to Green Bay.​
    Latest Rumors:​
    • Bitching about penalties in the game is at an all time high once again. Commissioner Shaun Mason is reported as not giving a fuck, and quoted as saying "deal with it".
    • Kasper has brought the spotlight on himself with a 10 sack performance by his defense. He was three sacks away from having the most of any defense in NFL history. PAgamer07 is going to release the film and point out what he saw to other coaches.
    • Injuries are at an all time high in TMFL, fatigue and fighting for extra yards seem to be big factors. Coach Fuzzy put HB Donald Brown on IR after he suffered a vaginal tear and will be out for 8 weeks. He clearly didn't know how IR worked at the time, but stands behind his position he is in fact not an idiot.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
    • Like Like x 10
  2. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

do we need to have an annual discussion thread on man coverage? this shit is getting annoying fast.

also all but maybe one or two of my sacks were coverage sacks.

3. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

My game against Shaun Mason will very much define my season. MartyWebb and sawemoff have really stepped up their games, and I've fallen off a bit. Can't afford too many more losses in the East.

4. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Wait for the scouting report before you get your panties in a bunch. Damn.

5. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I think "sources are claiming cheese" would irritate most people.

6. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I know that you know they were all coverage sacks- it's that he says all this jut to push my buttons. I hate to go al Keller here (no offense bud) but shit gets irritating.

7. PAgamer07

I don't see that anywhere in this article. And I never personally said that. So it's coming from somewhere else.

8. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Was the Falcons in week 1 and Saints in week 3, but other than that, good stuff.

9. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Read the Raiders section again.:)

10. PAgamer07

:oops: Guess I should try to focus on reading instead of working.

11. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

please note I don't take any issue with you PA - I don't think you ahead any issue with how I played (from what I could tell).

12. fuzzyl0gic

It was a joke. Given how much we throw the term "cheese" around.

13. PAgamer07

Keep at it fuzzy! Stole a page from my "creating TMFL controversy" book

• Like Like x 1
  14. fuzzyl0gic

What discussion? Pa struggled with your heavy man coverage, so I suggested trey have his man beaters ready. I made a joke about cheese. I think everyone knows you run a lot of man coverage, so I'm not really divulging much here.

15. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

you guys need to realize sarcasm doesn't translate well over the internet. as touchy as a subject it was in the chat box the other night I didn't think you were being that sarcastic. I knew you were partially joking, but it's still irritating.

16. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I didn't know that... but I do now.

17. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

FWIW I enjoyed our game quite a bit, but I didn't see any 2 man under abuse.

18. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Now Steve you can lose the rest of your games a few more games here and there and I won't mind. Amirite MartyWebb?

• Like Like x 3