TMFL: Xbox 360 => Xbox One Transition Plan

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Shaun Mason, Jul 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    TMFL25

Since there were questions in the team announcement thread, I'll lay this out here. I've addressed this to individuals but apparently the word hasn't spread.

Here are my bullet points:
    • Closer to Xbox One release, I will gauge the interest in transitioning a portion of the league to the Xbox One. The following points will happen if there is sufficient interest (i.e. I likely won't move 4 people as the TMFL).
    • I will create "TMFL One" and allow any existing TMFL member to move to the Xbox One league.
    • If a owner moves to the new league, they have the option to retain membership in the Xbox 360 league as well. Likewise, they can choose to play exclusively on the Xbox One if they desire.
    • The existing league will continue on Xbox 360 for the people who choose to go that route.
    • At this point I will likely only play in the Xbox One league. I simply don't have time to do two Madden leagues. I will however develop a strong leadership group to continue the Xbox 360 league in my stead, and I will remain part of the leadership of the Xbox 360 league in order to gain consistency. The TMFL has become my brand of sorts and I want that name to mean something regardless of platform.
    TL;DR - I'm not forcing anyone to do anything, there will be a league for you regardless of your choice in platform (unless you choose to play exclusively on PS4, then I have no clue what you are in for).

Honestly, I'm not going to push a league for the Xbox One if it's going to destroy this league, nor am I going to push a league if the game is sub par. If there isn't a substantial reason to upgrade I don't see why anyone would want to other than simply being an early adopter.

Also, I can tell you definitively that the word out of EA is that existing leagues will NOT be able to "transfer" to a new console, so that line of conjecture can stop. If you want me to give percentages on that happening, I'd wager that it's 98% unlikely to happen at this point.
    Shaun

• Like Like x 4
  2. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    Just as an FYI for future reference. I for one will be getting an Xbox one and plan on playing in both leagues if indeed another is created.

3. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Speaking aloud...

I will have an Xbox One on release day and plan to migrate away from Xbox 360 as soon as possible.

4. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

I will get an Xbox One at some point but plan on finishing what we started on the 360. Madden, NCAA and GTA5 will retire my trusted 360.

5. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

I will be waiting to get the X1 and stay with the 360 for one more Madden cycle.

6. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I have a Xbox One ordered for release day. Not sure what I'll be doing yet.

7. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

+1

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  8. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Serious or sarcastic?

Need a smiley

9. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

I will be getting a ONE for sure but I did not preorder so we will see how the supply is locally. I will only be in one madden league, will decide then.

10. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Serious :)

11. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

I'm going to be honest, this has me a little concerned... My intent is to continue on the 360 platform for the entire cycle. However, if the league is going to have the option to diverge from the initial concept, it would be a deal breaker for me. The fact that owners have voiced that they will move to a different platform, removing themselves from the 360 league; coupled with a potential leadership change mid-cycle does not sit well with me.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:

Would you prefer everyone just lie and say they won't get all excited about the new consoles? I've done this long enough to know when I'm just blowing smoke up people's ass and that isn't my style. If it were up to me, we would ALL have the same plan, but it's hard enough to get everyone to agree to what pizza topping they want, let alone something this complicated.

13. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

I wasn't suggesting that you should blow smoke. In all actuality, I appreciate your candid demeanor. That is one of the things that most attracts me to participating in TMFL. My concern is that if there is going to be a disconnect mid-cycle, there is going to be a disconnect to the league. I need to be honest with you, myself, and the rest of the league. I prefer to be in a league that will commit to the current gen console full cycle AND retain leadership and its members. If there is no certainty in that, then I do not believe that I can move forward with my commitment. I'm not trying to put anyone in a corner, nor am I trying to convince anyone on what should be done. It is just a matter of preference. I know that I can play anywhere and have fun. I most certainly want you guys to order the kind of pizza that you want! ;)

14. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    Unless I get one of the systems for free (come on bowl game!) I plan on getting a PS4, because I'm not an idiot ;) but also not until after release because I can't afford it, so I'm planning 360 for the whole cycle.

15. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

360 full cycle. Like it should be

16. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

What does "like it should be" mean?

17. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    This isn't going to turn into an argument. Regardless of the path I lay out there are going to be someone that disagrees with it.

This is the only way everyone can be satisfied.

CHUNKNESS - I've already laid out that the 360 league will continue. I'll 100% be involved in it's leadership all cycle, and if I have time (which is never an easy thing with me) I'll continue as an owner as well. I do need to provide a home for the people who are transitioning to the Xbox One. As part of my leadership, I will ensure that any back fill that occurs in the 360 league will be up to the standards I expect. So, the plan IS to commit to a full cycle for the 360 league. You can see in this thread alone that there will be plenty of people that want to stay in the 360 league.

I'm not even sure how viable M25 will be on Xbox One. Let me get more information before anyone starts to panic about any of this. I only explained so there wouldn't be speculation that drove the panic.

18. Cole Copeland

We signed up for TMFL full cycle. That's what I mean. Not trying to start an argument, just my opinion on the matter.

19. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:

The key here is both leagues will be TMFL. They will both be up to my standards. I can't do more than that.

20. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Ill have all four systems...the current gens and next gens on release day.

I plan to be full cycle with TMFL regardless of plan.

21. Cole Copeland

I am not blaming you at all Shaun, I thought having both was inevitable. It is just the fact that it is unfair to the people that signed up for a full release of the league on the 360 have members dropping out 3 months in. Every experience I have had with anything is that when major people of something drop out, it kills it little by little. I know this is the cream of the crop, but I'd be lying if I said it doesn't make me extremely worried.

22. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:

That's because you greatly underestimate my ability to enforce my will.:)

• Like Like x 2
  23. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    Sounds a lot like a 2 QB system.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  24. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

I'm concerned as well. I voted members in with the thought they would stick around the whole cycle and not jump ship for the Xbox One when it comes out and joing TMFLX1 or whatever it will be called. Here are the biggest concerns you listed Shaun...
    • If a owner moves to the new league, they have the option to retain membership in the Xbox 360 league as well. Likewise, they can choose to play exclusively on the Xbox One if they desire.
    • At this point I will likely only play in the Xbox One league. I simply don't have time to do two Madden leagues. I will however develop a strong leadership group to continue the Xbox 360 league in my stead, and I will remain part of the leadership of the Xbox 360 league in order to gain consistency. The TMFL has become my brand of sorts and I want that name to mean something regardless of platform.
    I want a league, and leadership that are staying the whole cycle regardless if they want to play on the Xbox One.

• Like Like x 2
  25. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I refuse to dictate that people stay in a league, because I can't enforce it. What do you want me to do, ban people who don't think like you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.