TMFL25 Team Selection

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Shaun Mason, Jul 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    TMFL25

I'm going to start a draft of the TMFL 25 team layout. I need EVERYONE to give me a top five teams ASAP, I have time to work on this today and I'd like to.

Just format like this:

1. Browns
    2. XXXX
    3. YYYY
    4. ZZZZ
    5. AAAA

• Like Like x 1
  2. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Shaun I have been working on a lil' content piece with " top ten team wish list for TMFL" hat I might just out his morning.

Where should I put it ? (Please don't say up my ass and make myself humble)

3. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:

In the TMFL forum?

4. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

So not in the TMFL 25 forum-ish area ? :)

5. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:

You can, but you'll only get 31 people looking at it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

1) Dallas Cowboys
    2) Denver Broncos
    3) Jacksonville Jaguars
    4) Miami Dolphins
    5) Minnesota Vikings

7. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

1. Buccaneers
    2. XXXX
    3. YYYY
    4. ZZZZ
    5. AAAA

8. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    1. New Orleans Saints
    2. Houston Texans
    3. Baltimore Ravens
    4. Philadelphia Eagles
    5. Buffalo Bills

9. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:

Seriously, fill out 5.

10. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Packers
    Steelers
    Texans
    Ravens
    Chargers

11. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

1. Buccaneers
    2. Jets
    3. Giants
    4. Ravens
    5. Broncos

12. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

1. Bucs
    2. Cowboys
    3. Seahawks
    4. Steelers
    5. eagles

13. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

1) Panthers
    2) Packers
    3) Vikings
    4) Colts
    5) Patriots

Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  14. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    You no like the AFC?

15. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

1. Houston
    2. Miami
    3. Indianapolis
    4. Green Bay
    5. Minnesota

16. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

:1stars:

17. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

1. Falcons
    2. Bengals
    3. Cardinals
    4. Colts
    5. Dolphins

18. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

1. Lions
    2. Colts
    3. Rams
    4. Broncos
    5. Chargers

19. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

1. 49ers
    2. Eagles
    3. Panthers
    4. Redskins
    5. Vikings

20. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

1. Vikings
    2. Packers
    3. Colts
    4. Chiefs
    5. Dolphins

21. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

1. Washington Redskins
    2. Seattle Seahawks
    3. Chicago Bears
    4. Houston Texans
    5. Baltimore Ravens

22. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

1. 49ers
    2. Buccs
    3. Hawks
    4. Chiefs
    5. Colts

23. Masler

Masler Moderator

1. Packers
    2. Seahawks
    3. Broncos
    4. Bengals
    5. Jets

24. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

TMFL25

Hey fellas thought this might be fun to do while we twiddle our thumbs waiting for Madden to drop and team selection process to be finalized.

As TMFL 13’ is coming to a close I find myself looking towards 25 and pondering what team I would like to have. In the end we are all at the mercy of our ruthless all wise ruler Shaun Mason so this may be all for not depending on how he decides to do the team selection. For fun I figured I would give my top teams I would like to play with.

Cleveland Browns – No secret here I am a life-long (suffering) Browns fan and would love to get my team. Fandom aside the Browns made a few good moves in the offseason and could be pretty competitive next season.
    Good moves- signed OLB’s Paul Kruger & Quentin Groves , DL Desmond Bryant to help transition to the 3-4 . Made a few trades and acquired former Pittsburgh University stud running back Dion Lewis to help spell T-Rich. In the draft the Browns took Barkevious Mingo from LSU to help with pass rush as well as adding DB’s Leon McFadden and Jamoris Slaughter.
    Bad moves – Still stuck with sucky ginger Brandon Weeden, unless for some reason newly acquired Jason Campbell comes in as an upgrade when the game drops this could be an issue. Not a fan of letting Cribbs part from a Madden standpoint was still a quality return man in my opinion. Cleveland also let TE Ben Watson walk away, not sure whom I would TE cheese to at this point :D
    Final verdict – Defense could be fun to build with some good young players and a few veterans, offense has T-Rich and Josh Gordon as emerging playmakers. If I could get a solid QB I could make a run in a year or two. Easily my first choice of teams, but some guy has already claimed them L

Seattle Seahawks – I really grew to love these guys in TMFL 13’ , even though Wilson was average at best with the roster we started with. While I have no real allegiance to this team IRL , I love that Richard Sherman completely shat all over Skip Bayless lol. This team is loaded with young talent and has some snazzy uniforms, those things make this team high on my want list.
    Good moves – Traded 1st & 7th round picks for WR Percy Harvin. Traded Matt Flynn to free up cap space, which was then used to sign DE’s Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett , as well as veteran CB Antoine Winfield. Seahawks also re-signed SS Kam Chancellor to a long-term deal. In the draft Seattle took RB Christine Michael in the second round , to add to the backfield of Lynch and Turbin.
    Bad moves – Honestly I don’t see too many other than the risk of Harvin being injured. Brady Quinn at #2 QB spot is concerning but nothing an early waiver claim could not resolve.
    Final verdict – with a stud young QB , weapons at WR & Beastmode the offense should be solid. The defense is stacked with young talent. This team is so good even Ruckus could not fuck them up. I could see myself very happy with this team again.

San Francisco 49ers – Not typically a fan of running with a power team …. But fuck it I need all the help I can get to beat the Lawdog’s, Peench’s and Phil’s of the world. This team came within an obvious PI call from winning the Super Bowl and sending murderer HOF Ray Lewis out to pasture with an L. Growing up in the 1980’s I loved the Young-Montana teams and remember the fun I had watching them operate. I would love to chase a few titles with these guys.
    Good moves – the 49ers were busy in the offseason, signing CB Nnamdi Asomugha and trading QB Alex Smith to the Chiefs for draft picks as well as trading for WR Anquan Boldin for a 6th round pick. I also like the draft they had as well, adding FS Eric Reid and DE Tank Carradine to the defense. The selection of GameCock HB Marcus Lattimore could be a major steal and a great prospect behind Frank Gore.
    Final verdict – this team would be almost impossible to lose with, but at the same token not winning at least one title would be a big-time failure I think. This would be a fun team to have and a dirty defense to attack people with and I could have some fun with them.

Pittsburg Steelers – in a shocking move the hated Steelers make a top ten spot for me. During the TMFL 25 selection process I have realized that being in a division with guys you like can be more fun than having a great team. Having gone through multiple owners in the NFC west I can promise you that is sucky to have to put up with. I know that our fearless leader would not allow seasonals in his division lol.
    Having a multiple rapist super bowl winning QB would be nice, but this team does have some flaws as well.
    Good moves – Lost a lot of players in FA, but in typical Steeler fashion they had some nice picks in the draft to make up for it. Picking up UGA linebacker Jarvis Jones at #17 was a steal; 2-time consensus all-american should be a factor from the first game on. The Steelers were not done there as they added Michigan State RB Le’Veon Bell and Oklahoma QB Landry Jones to groom as potential starters down the road.
    Bad moves – well letting the fastest WR in the AFC go to Miami was not a good start. Letting Mendenhall, Starks and Mundy go was also not helpful to the cause.
    Final Verdict – this team still has some very attractive talent , a ton of linebackers, and playing possibly Shaun and bawvu twice a year could be fun. I would feel like a dirty whore in black & yellow, but I am a whore at heart.

New Orleans Saints – I love black jerseys, I suck at offense, and I like playing potential Falcons owner and waiver partner (hopefully former for us both, geez that’s lots of work) antcap24. This team has some things going for them that could be fun for me as an owner.
    Good moves – Added veteran TE Ben “sexual chocolate” Watson, added OLB Victor Butler and DE Kenyon Coleman to convert to the 3-4. The best moves from Saints came in the draft IMO taking stud FS Kenny Vaccaro from Texas, as well as massive NT John Jenkins from Georgia. These two guys you can certainly build a defense around.
    Bad Moves – I liked pretty much everything the Saints did this year to be honest.
    Final Verdict - The roster was already pretty solid on offense so the shot in the arm for the defense could make this a fun team to play with in what could be a tough division again.

Arizona Cardinals – Playing home games with no chance of snow is a bit of a bummer for a Midwesterner like myself, but this team could be smexy to have in Madden25 all the same.
    Good moves – Traded for veteran QB Carson Palmer, cut often-injured RB Bummy Wells, aging safety Adrian Wilson and massively overpaid QB Kevin Kolb. Signed Karlos Dansby and Rashad Mendenhall. The Cardinals had a pretty decent draft too, taking stud guard Jonathan Cooper from NC, as well as adding Kevin Minter from LSU and the Honey Badger. I am also intrigued by later round picks Stepfan Taylor from Stanford, Ryan Swope from A&M and Andre Ellington from Clemson. I think they will all come in with something to add to this up and coming team.
    Bad Moves – Not much to see here , I would have liked to see some more help on the offensive line in FA but the draft should help here.
    Final Verdict – This team could be interesting to run with. The defense has some very good young parts, is stacked with talent up front and with Peterson and Honeybadger in the secondary the potential is interesting. The offensive line is an issue and unless you have a game genie Palmer may not play more than a season or two.

Houston Texans – This team made a nice run in the NFL last season and is stacked to the gills with talent. If you want an AFC front-runner here you go. Good moves –Added HoF safety and fellow beard enthusiast Ed Reed in the off season, he may have lost a step but I am sure he is still going to be a factor in Madden for a few more seasons. The Texans added WR DeAndre Hopkins from Clemson and safety D.J. Swearinger from S.C. to understudy under Reed or possibly play along side him.
    Bad Moves – not much to see here other than Schaub back under center, this may still be the Achilles of the Texans. Not sure if there was an upgrade to be had however.
    Final verdict – This team has two really good backs to go with Andre Johnson on offense. The defense is stacked and J.J. Watt is a stud young lineman, this team should have a cakewalk in the division as well. Not my favorite team but could be a decent option.

Denver Broncos – Ugg, I have seeing those uniforms and remembering the Drive, and the Fumble. I can however enjoy Peyton Manning and Von Miller in a division full of crap teams lol.
    Good Moves – Broncos signed LT Ryan Clady to a long-term deal to help protect Manning’s blind side, but did not stop there. Denver also added Wes Welker , Quentin Jammer and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie to the secondary. Denver also added Terrance Knighton and Shaun Phillips as well. In the draft the Broncos added massive DT Sylvester Williams from UNC in the draft and RB Montee Ball from Wisconsin.
    Bad Moves – Let Elvis Dummervil “go” , or his agent did or something confusing like that lol. Parted ways with D.J. Williams and veteran HB Willis McGahee.
    Final Verdict – Manning has some serious weapons in the pass game and a solid o-line, not sure who is going to carry the rock in the run game however. The defense on paper looks like Von Miller and a bunch of DT’s, after that not sure about the old ass secondary. Not sure this team matches what I do in Madden, but could be a decent option.

Indianapolis Colts – Well no need to draft a QB here with this team, but after that thinks get a bit iffy for the Colts.
    Good Moves –Colts added a few decent players but no real difference makers in the off-season. The offense got a boost from adding speedy WR Heyward-Bey and RB Ahmad Bradshaw, as well as veteran backup Matt Hasselback. The defense added Kelvin Sheppard from the Bills , FS Leron Landry and ….. Shit that is all they did lol. In the draft Indy added DE Bjorn Werner from FSU and a couple of offensive linemen. Colts saved some cap room by declining to re-sign Dwight Freeney.
    Bad Moves – Not really too impressed with any signings and the 1st round pick puzzled me on draft day. Not sure anything horrible long term was done but nothing to get too excited about on either side of the ball.
    Final Verdict – team has a young franchise QB and likely will have a ton of cap space to work with. Might have a few tough seasons but this team could be a fun re-build project.

Carolina Panthers – If I can get past these gay ass uniforms and having a d-bag of a quarterback (well 3 of them if you count Clausen and Anderson) this team has a few roses amongst the thorns on this roster.
    Good Moves – not much movement in FA but getting stud DT and possible Suh like cheese with Star Lotulelei with the 14th pick was a steal. Speedy HB Kenjon Barner late could be a nice pass catching back / return man option.
    Bad Moves – No real bad moves other than lack of moves. Not sure why there was no urgency to add some weapons for Cam and the offense, or to sure up the defensive secondary here.
    Final Verdict – Cam Newton, Jon Beason, Luke Kuechly and Star Lotulelei is a nice foursome to build with, but once Steve Smith retires you better have some options at offense. The prospect of cheezin Antcap and company two times a year with Star & Cam is kind of appealing :D

• Like Like x 7
  25. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

1. Browns
    2. Seahawks
    3. 49ers
    4. Steelers
    5. Saints

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.