TML Spring Training! Info here!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Basis4aDay56, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

TML Spring Training! Info here!

Everyone,

We currently have 16 guys listed on the roster. I think it would be a cool idea to do a 20 game test league (Spring Training!) to see what kind of rules we might want to come up with, what sliders to use, and for everyone to familiarize themselves with online play before starting an actual season. If you are on board, please post here. We can start it with any even number of teams. Since it is Spring Training, we'll keep it simple -- no trades, no free agent moves, and 1 game playoff "series".

If you are interested, please post here by 4pm est on Sunday 3/14! I'll set the league up at that time for the # of people that have responded. If you want to change your team selection (found in the roster thread), you may do so.

Let's play some ball!

2. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

this game is pretty good.... im in for spring training... but i think it should be 10 games. That should be enough, don't want to drag this on forever.. want to get started.

3. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

im down for spring training

4. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I agree with you on this Ryno, but it has to be set for a minimum of 20 games. We can just disband the league a couple days before the season starts if that will work.

5. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Bump for visibility.

6. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Have we decided on the length of the regular season?

7. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Pretty sure 54 will be the best for our first season.

8. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Good reminder Hova, I put the poll up.

9. Hova

Maybe we should just do like an open play for spring training rather then an actual league. Just have guys do pick up games with their teams, then report on what they think. This way the late comers can get in the spring training action as well

10. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

The only thing with that is that we can't test the sliders then. Also, I would like guys to get familiar with the Online League interface, both in the game and on the website. If we have a low turnout by tomorrow, I could extend the deadline for starting until Monday night.

11. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

I would do it, but am in Vegas until Thursday/ Leaving Monday. Coming back to retire from my joB and live the good life afterwards!

12. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Good time to go to Vegas, wow -- I'm pretty jealous! Sounds like you will already be living the good life!e

13. Masler

Masler Moderator

spring training is fine with me. gives a little more handle on user games as well.

14. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

I would be down for some spring training as well.

15. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

i'm cool with spring training

16. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I'll do a spring training

17. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

I will do spring training.

18. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I'm going to set the league up to have 18 guys (what we have on our roster right now). Play whenever you want against whomever you want -- you can do a Challenge which will count for the "standings" or Custom Challenge where you can play anyone, even if you've already completed your schedule for them, with the sliders.

League Name: TML: MLB 2k10
    Password: TMLspring

It will be set up in a few minutes -- get in there and play some games! Give feedback on the sliders, and make sure you get used to the pitch speed!!

19. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Basis, where did the sliders come from? I've only played a few games on default so far but some things that stood out to me were fielders getting to too many balls and CPU pitchers throwing too many strikes and having too much stamina. Are any of these addressed?

20. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

OK, the interface for the game is terrible IMO. Where do I type in the League Name and Password at? Been trying to find it for about 15 minutes and just cant seem to do so.

21. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Go to Game Modes > Join League > Type in League Name, then enter the password...

... HOWEVER ...

... this isn't going to work. You have to set it up for X amount of guys. SOOOO unfortunately, spring training will have to be random online games against each other. You can use the scheduling forum to set them up!

Blaza - The limitations of the sliders for online play are that they only apply to users, since all games are user games. Since we won't be able to have spring training properly, we'll have to adjust sliders on the fly. The ones I posted are a good starting point for league play.

22. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Was out of town all weekend and will be again this week. I am going to sit out spring training and it appears I am too late anyway.

Cant wait to get it rolling.

23. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Edit the above post, Ill play since we are play who you can when you can. I am down for that over the next few days and next week.

Thanks.

24. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Basis - I just got back in town last night. I'm going to pick up the game either today or tomorrow so I'll be ready to get some games in.

25. Hova

I'll be buying the game weds