To advance, or not to advance:that is the question.

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by carolinaeasy, Aug 25, 2010.

?

Should we advance to the offseason?

1. Yes, progress must be made. All hail the queen!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, we will let them go forth from here and meet thine enemies on the field of battle.

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

To advance, or not to advance:that is the question.

What are the thoughts here? I thought it would help give some figures to the debate. Arch, If I overstepped my boundaries I apologize!

2. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

I'm still battling from the internal struggle! Someone, please convince me ...

(Edit: For the record, my vote can be bought! ;))

3. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

You guys know my opinion.

Better season = I'd be glad to wait.

Everybody gets to be a champ = who really cares?

I won the Big Ten, by the way, so my criticism is also of myself. I just kind of feel like bragging about a Big Ten title, given the circumstances, is celebrating mediocrity. I don't want to wait around to do that. When there's real accomplishment to celebrate, I'll be the first one tooting my own horn.

But maybe I'm being too harsh. I mean, I do have a ridiculous roster and all. Maybe my experience is dramatically different because I started with more studs than the rest of you. Still, the fact that none of us ever seem to lose, except when dramatically outmatched, is a bit of a bummer, and I'm just not able to generate any hype over it.

4. egofailure

Edit: Okay, I have the feeling I'm going to be in the minority here, but I'm going to vote to move forward. Any other season? Yeah, I'd probably agree to wait. But let's get this trial season over and done with. Waiting an entire week under the present circumstances would suck. If I'm on the losing end of this, however, I promise I won't sulk. ;)

5. BulldogBully

BulldogBully Whiskey Slinger

I say wait (although we were on a really good pace!) and let 'em play. It's gonna suck to hold up that long, but it's only fair. Vacations happen (and so do weak ass little bitches who can't stay up to get the game in;))...but I think it's best for our league to let their game be played.

In the meantime, we could set up a scrimmage schedule to get in some practice and just have a good time. And for those who already have Madden, we could do the same there...OR we could go ahead and move forward with starting that Madden League we've been talking about??:rolleyes:

6. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Here's a perfect example:

Why would Hokie feel like a douche if he plays the CPU?

Because he knows, beyond any shadow of a doubt, that he is going to beat the CPU. That knowledge is why I can't get too terribly jazzed up about the title game.

Each year, we know that Nebraska will meet Texas for the Big 12 title. We know this before the season ever begins. That's no fun. Sure, we've been close a few times, but no one lost, and aside form BYU, no one got upset. I'd like to hurry up and get us to a season in which the ending is unknown. Right now, with the exception of a few title changes, that ending is known. No need to prolong it. I should have cranked things up in week five or so to get some separation. I didn't. It won't happen again. Next year, heads are gonna roll. Mine will probably be one of them. And if a guy makes it to the BCS, he will have done something.

Sorry to be a downer. I think I must have skipped my coffee this morning. Makes me grumpy.

AG

7. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

a) 5 days is note an entire week

b) "let's get this trial season over with" says the guy who was added 2 weeks ago

8. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

arch, my disagreement:

there are only 4 undefeateds. user games are huge. whoever is in the title game will absolutely be a user vs. another user. that is a legit game that deserves a legit contender...one that can be more validated by getting there through a title game (texas, vtech, etc)

9. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

User games are huge. I have no issue with that. But they are the only games that are huge. That, I have a problem with.

I don't want one or two legit games a year. I want 12 or 13. That's basically my whole case. I'll wait, but I'm not exactly going to strut around about my ability to win fixed games. Waiting a week means something is really important, like we're preserving the sanctity of some great accomplishment. I'd like that to be the case, but it isn't. So, I'm just not sure what we're attempting to get so excited about, or why we consider it worthy of waiting for a week (which is what it is. Wed. morning to Tues. evening is a week, or just a few hours shy of one. Remember, Sample is coming back Monday night late after a 16 hour trip. The game will happen Tuesday evening at the earliest.) That's all I'm saying.

Keep in mind, guys are playing for titles I couldn't get to, and they are therefore better than I am this season, but I and everyone else knew who the Big Ten champ would be by week 3. Now that we know what we can do, I'd like to get a fresh start, crank up the difficulty on you nancies, and myself, and see what we can do without so much help from the setup we're playing in. I'd rather not wait another week to do that.

I seem to be in the minority here (I am a lifelong holder of many minority opinions) so I'll play nice and do what you guys want. But my reasons for wanting to move forward have nothing to do with impatience; I just happen to view this season through a bit of a different lens, if you know what I mean.

10. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

By the way, smart people who disagree with me are my absolute favorite people in the world. I never, ever get bent out of shape over this stuff.

11. egofailure

Fair point. But it's only been 1 week! ;)

And let's keep in mind that none of us are really objective here. Also, as a group, the majority saves us from new people like me!

12. Goose

Goose Walk On

During an OD will the CPU offer new coaching jobs to user coaches like in an off-line dynasty?

If so, since everyone here is pretty good, why don't we all choose 1 or 2 star schools and make the game a little tougher. Naturally progress to better jobs if we're good enough.

13. BulldogBully

BulldogBully Whiskey Slinger

Everyone one needs to experience the SEC then:D

Alright, now let me have it with the "these SEC guys think their conference is the toughest blah, blah, blah:rolleyes:

14. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

There are no coaching contracts on OD so a great idea (which I kinda thought today too) but it would be a no go.

15. brucebond

brucebond Walk On

how do i see who voted for which option?

16. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

you don't I made it anonimous on purpose. If y'all want I will make another poll and make it open.