To anyone thinking about joining...

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Jun 24, 2010.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Jul 10, 2009
    To anyone thinking about joining...

First off, let me say that just because I don't post on your new member app or send you a PM or aggressively recruit you doesn't mean we're not interested in you joining up. With so many new members and so many yet to join, I wanna make sure the right guys get those final 4 spots. That could be you, but it probably isn't. If you're not 100% committed to playing with and recruiting for a small school, and probably failing, then this aint for you. I'd rather you not join now then quit 2 seasons in after some teams have blown by you in talent. After all, it's almost impossible to find a replacement for New Mexico St in year 3.

A Quick History of Hard4Yards

There have probably been no less than 30 users who have once been apart of this dynasty since '09 (then named Gluttons4Punishment and based out of NCAAStrategies). After '09, only 2 users were left standing.

For 2010, we moved on to the now extinct VSN forums. A few months ago when VSN crashed, we moved the dynasty over here but, it already being late in the season, some didn't make the trip. Now as we come to the end of '10, 4 are still here. I'm hoping by '12 we'll have 8-10 solid, like-minded members.

This dynasty is built on it. Some of us are gonna jump all over it and some won't. Don't get frustrated if you are one of the ones who don't as there are 2 separate recruiting races.

First, there is the year 1-2 arms race. Whoever can bring in that big time offensive star to one of these small schools stands to dominate and immediately get his school snowballing in the right direction. Pretty much every player you bring in in this period will be starting. Who's gonna land that program-changing :4star: QB? For my own selfish reasons, that's all I'm going to say about the arms race except for that it's my favorite part of the dynasty. Whatever team building strategy you have is your own.

And second, there is the sustained recruiting from about year 3 on. Most will be catching up while the top recruiters will be plugging holes and reloading with even better talent.

We've had many guys who weren't much to speak of in recruiting but brought it on gameday and won a few championships. We've also had some guys who recruited like USC but consistently choked (sigh).

Point is, don't join and get frustrated when some of us kill it in February. We're all Jimmys and Joes with no Xs and Os. You'll have plenty of seasons to bring in your guys.

If you're still interested please post a link to your new member app. Thanks and welcome.