To EA Sports in General: An idea

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

To EA Sports in General: An idea

Okay, I typically don't do this kind of thing. I don't know how popular TF is in the internet community, honestly. I like it. But I have an idea that I hope people here pass onto other forums, and maybe we put a bug in EA's ear.

It involves the quarterback position and the awareness attribute.

Awareness is one of the biggest reasons why stud quarterbacks are as high overall as they are. Yes, accuracy is important, and throw power, but awareness seems to be the biggest or second biggest attribute that determines a 61 overall quarterback and a 99 overall quarterback. Why is it that this attribute, which determines the greats from the average joes, is all but ignored by the online franchise community when deciding on a quarterback? Shouldn't this be important too?

I have a proposal for Madden '12 involving the quarterback position when going up to the line. Based on the awareness attribute of the quarterback, you could flick a button while looking at your play (say hit R3 while having R2 down looking at the play), you have a chance to see what the defense is set up to do.

Not the whole defense, mind you. Not even for Peyton Manning or Drew Brees. But have something like 3-7 of the 11 player's routes shown on screen for the best awareness players, and for lower awareness players, nothing shows at all (like now). That way, you can actually look like Manning/Brees and change coverages, plays, and whatever based on what you see. If the defense calls an audible, you can flip the switch again and have a secondary shot at seeing the new calls.

I also would suggest a balancing factor, and an idea that would encourage....STRATEGY....by allowing the middle linebacker position ONLY the ability to do the same thing on the offense, based on awareness. The defensive player would see the blocking schemes of some/all of the offensive line and routes of receivers and be able to audible accordingly, just like the quarterback.

I know most people wouldn't care about this at all as most people don't care online in lobbies about "sim" football. However, I think this type of idea would not be as crazy as the "vision cone" from Madden '06, the last time EA tried to have awareness affect gameplay. This idea, if implemented properly, would encourage some gamesmanship and strategy and actually have people PLAN their attack even more, which encourages more realism.

Isn't that what EA says...."It's in the game"? Awareness as a whole isn't. If it doesn't matter when a user is playing quarterback, then why have that stat in the game at all?

Maybe I'm the minority here. If so this post will go into quiet oblivion. If not, post this somewhere. Let someone else see this idea.

Or call me a fool. :)

2. Miklos_Nyiszli

Miklos_Nyiszli Walk On

i like all the ideas but showing the routes of the WR it would give to much away really and if the QB switches the plays then the linebacker can do the same just be a battle who does what faster before the snip of the ball

3. StevenRhysCann

StevenRhysCann Arizona Cardinals

I love this idea Win, unfortunately, EA Sports stopped listening to its customers a long time ago.

Also, am i the only person alive who actually liked the QB vision cone?

4. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Yes, Steven. You are. LOL

5. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

the reason awareness doesn't matter in what we play, is because we are the awareness. Just like every other position that you physically play as, awareness doesn't matter because you are the awareness.

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

lol....then why not use my speed? My acceleration? The reason I play as Peyton Manning is he's the smartest and one of the best QBs in the NFL.

I ain't.

I want to be HIM when I play QB. NOT me playing him. I am an idiot who couldn't read cover 2 from cover 20. He can look at a lineman and tell what the entire defense had for breakfast, what their coverage is the next 20 plays, and what he needs to tell his #27 WR (cause all the others are injured) to do to get open and get a TD pass.

I am being somewhat sarcastic, but do you see my point?