To those that understand baseball....

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I am thinking very heavily of starting another Madden league for TF as a non-premier league.

It would be similar to the OMFL as far as cap book, rules (for the most part), and structure (maybe lighter on board members as a secondary league).

I have a few rules changes I would implement to make it a "AAA"-like league for the OMFL:
    • All Pro Difficulty
    • 20 second run-off accelerated clock
    I did a small bit of testing (not gonna lie, not much) this morning running an accelerated clock against CPU on all pro. I was under the impression that the run-off affected the play clock. It does not. It affects the game clock, which is what I want on a lower difficulty. This means less plays per game, which will help scoring stay lower a bit. The play clock alreadys reads around 20 seconds (on 40 second play clock) when the accelerated clock kicks in, which is MORE than enough time to read, audible, hot route, etc.

As a "AAA"-type league for OMFL, this would not prohibit OMFL owners from playing in it. Basically this would be a proving ground for the OMFL and give our waiting list guys in OMFL a chance to see if they would even like the OMFL. Basically, they play well and succeed at the AAA level, they move up to the majors.

Questions are:
    1. Do you guys think there would be enough interest between the current OMFL owners and guys on our waiting list to do this?
    2. Do you think TF could support another non-premier PS3 league?
    3. Do you think our OMFL ruleset would succeed with less structure?

There are some other ideas I have as far as lightening mandatory contributions by owners, but I need to know the basics first in your guys' opinions. Also, I will NOT start this league if I think it will inhibit my contribution to the OMFL. The OMFL comes first. Period. It is still a very raw thing, and I want opinions on the possible success/failure of it.

2. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

I like the idea but where in the world do you get the the time bro? I would use it to work on new play books and play calling myself. Not sure TF would support it but you could just run a franchise yourself on the side and find a spot for a message board anyway.

3. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

I like the idea too and we have had, in the past, several OMFL 1, 2, and even 3 and even college at one time all at the same time. Just don't get burnt out. Thats all i'm asking.

4. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

LOL

Like I said, I will not start it if I think I can't give the OMFL 100% attention. This league always comes first for me.

Push comes to shove, I may just do a "fun" league. Basically only rules are in gameplay itself. No cap, no trade restrictions, simulate the draft, just make it a player's league. Sim in game, but outside of that, if you can get Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, and Marques Colston at WR and Drew Brees and QB, so be it.

5. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

About a month ago, I was considering starting a fantasy draft league and actually got the approval from Frisk to start one. However, with the constant D/C's at the time, I felt the time wasn't right. I have tabled it until Madden '12 - perhaps we can team up on something like that in the future??

6. natedawg212000

I WISH YOU COULD DO A COACH ONLY LEAUGE. THOSE WERE A AWESOME BLAST MAN.

7. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Nate, would you like me to do a franchise where I set up a lot more realistic cap/waiver system and sim every game?

8. natedawg212000

it'd be different. kinda cool