Today's Mumble Info!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Freakskull, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Freakskull

Freakskull Lobsters are mermaids to scorpions.

Server Address: firefighters.murmur.nfoservers.com
    Port: 12670
    Password: putoutthefire

Username: TSO Username-Team Name (NO SPACES. The app doesn't allow spaces.)
    Example: Keller-Bills
    OR: Zcar-Jaguars

iPhone App - Search for Mumble
    PC Download - Download Link
    Android App - Search for Plumble Free

iPhone Instructions - Sorry I don't have an iPhone so this Youtube clip is the best I can do. A lot of the Android settings etc should be found in iPhone as well.

PC Instructions - There should be more than enough instructions on how to use the PC version of Mumble. Again some of the Android settings will be applicable like Push to Talk etc, it is not difficult to configure. The only caveat I would have for PC is make sure you have a good mic/headset if you're going to use mumble on your desktop.

Android Instructions
    1. Download the app and open it of course
    2. Go to Favorites. If you can't find favorites hit the 3 lines button in the top left and then open favorites.
    3. Add a server - to do this hit the + sign in the top right
    4. Type in the Label (you can use HaW or TSO or ClownyTown for all I care, doesn't matter)
    5. Type in the address and port from above
    6. Type in your username so people know who you are
    7. Click/press the server you just added to your favorites to connect
    8. Go ahead and accept any certificates or anything of that nature
    9. SETTINGS - Hit the 3 lines in the top left again and go to Settings
      1. General
        1. Text to Speech - You may want to turn this off. A CPU voice will read everything being typed in your chat channel if you have this on. If we end up with 20+ people online chatting, this is probably a terrible idea.
      2. Audio
        1. Transmit Mode - I'm going to recommend Push To Talk. Continuous will always transmit and that will force me to probably mute you unless you're really quiet and Voice Activity needs to be configured JUST right in order to be effect. Set Push to Talk to be safe.
        2. Once you set push to talk (PTT) there are settings you can use around your PTT.
          1. For example you can bind your PTT key to a hardware key on your phone. If you'd like to try that feel free.
          2. You can also pick a "hot" corner of your screen to use as the PTT key. I prefer to leave this off but again its a decent option for some people
          3. You can opt to play a sound when you hit your PTT key. I like this but it this is personal preference. Many of you probably prefer to have it off.
          4. If you opted to use a PTT Hot Corner or hardware bind/key, you can opt to turn off your PTT button on the main screen. I would definitely do this if you use either of the two.
          5. Toggle PTT is for if you prefer to switch on and switch off when hitting your PTT key. Otherwise you have to hold your PTT key while talking. Totally personal preference here.
          6. Half Duplex - This will mute incoming sounds while you're talking. This may be useful if voice chat gets busy so definitely keep this option in mind - I may in fact ask people to turn this on if we have Loopback/echo issues so be aware of this please.
      3. You should not need to mess with any other settings. There are some appearance themes if you want to mess with those though.
    10. Once you close settings, now you can use your PTT key to chat. In the top right you have your mute microphone and mute sound buttons.
    11. If you slide the main window left you can see the chat. Keep in mind this chat is specific to the room you're in.
    12. To change channels, just tap/click the channel and hit the arrow in the top right that pops up.
    13. To send direct chat messages privately, you can tap/click a user and then chat to them privately.
    14. You should see a few private channels for private trade discussions etc.

If you guys have any questions just let me know.

2. RFF

RFF Walk On

It may only be a 25-slotter. :( I thought we paid for 35-40, but maybe not.

3. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

SO I downloaded the app and added my stuff as stated above and in the youtube video but I cant connect to the server

4. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

When it said you couldn't connect.. Did something pop up and an option that said "Trust Server?" bc if so, select that option

5. RFF

RFF Walk On

Wyrmreaver Did this fix it? I'm not gonna lie, I'm not a Mumble admin expert. I just split the $$ with a buddy for this server.

6. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

not yet, gonna try on my laptop but im not sure if I have a built in mic or not