TOFC Fight Interviews

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by thebouncer24, Feb 15, 2012.

1. thebouncer24

thebouncer24 Cheese Like MG

[​IMG]
    Are First Set of Pre-Fight Interviews is directed at a rematch from UFC 98​

Rashad Evans
    controllerabuser

How excited are you to get your rematch with Machida in the First Round of 205 TOFC tournament?​

What are you going bring into this fight that wasn't brought into the previous fight?

What elements of his game worry you the most?

Lyoto Machida
    ryty32

UFC 98 You got the best of Evans, How will that Fight reflect on your training for this fight?

Since the Evans fight you have went 2-3 after being Undefeated going into the Fight, What changed?​

What do you expect Evans to bring to the Octagon this time around?​

• Like Like x 3
  2. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

UFC 98 You got the best of Evans, How will that Fight reflect on your training for this fight?​
    We will follow the same path. His new trainer is a newb to the sport of MMA. We will use that to our advantage. The result will mirror this -
    Since the Evans fight you have went 2-3 after being Undefeated going into the Fight, What changed?​
    3-2. We won the Jackson fight.
    Anyway, losses happen in the UFC. We are 1-1 against Rua and honestly think things would be different if we get another chance at Bones and his awful new trainer, BK. We will be fine.
    What do you expect Evans to bring to the Octagon this time around?​
    Nothing different. He only knows one style. I expect the result to be the same as it was back in 2009.

• Like Like x 2
  3. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

How excited are you to get your rematch with Machida in the First Round of 205 TOFC tournament?​
    I am very excited. I didn't take that fight seriously. I should have tried to do more beforehand. Lyoto truly, is a master of his art. I mean, the guy drinks his own piss. You don't mess with someone who does that. I am lucky to get this chance at knocking his skull off. I can finally go back to pinching my teammates' nipples once I win this. In all seriousness, he declined the rematch in July. I think he know's what's up. He's scared to get back in the octagon with me and I will show why once we meet back up.

What are you going bring into this fight that wasn't brought into the previous fight? ​
    Pure emotion. The first fight, I thought I was the shit. I mean, I've always been a good wrestler and I started seeing that I could knock people out. So, I was on an emotional high. Now, I'm coming for Machida and I will do whatever it takes to walk away with a victory.

What elements of his game worry you the most?​
    Certainly not his trainer's help. I mean, that probably hurt him the most but I'm glad he decided to let that guy help him. It only works in my advantage. I will say, his karate style is totally different from most UFC fighters. So, just having to deal with his angling and counter attacks can be difficult.

4. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    cadepetty247 G_T_G

RAMPAGE JACKSON
    [​IMG]
    Rampage, what was the first thing that went through your head when you saw your first fight in the TOFC was against Maurico "Shogun" Rua?​
    Shogun finished you in rather violent fashion in Pride a few years ago. How does it feel to finally get a rematch?​
    What is your game plan going into the fight? What are your predictions for the other Light Heavyweight 1st round fights? Dan Henderson already won, but the rest are still yet to be fought.​
    SHOGUN RUA
    [​IMG]
    What are your thoughts on your opponent in the first round of the tournament? You have some history going pack to Pride with Rampage.​
    How is your training camp going into this fight? You are coming off a legendary war against Dan Henderson, how have you healed up from that?​
    What are your predictions for this fight and the other first round match ups for the tournament at 205?​

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  5. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

What are your thoughts on your opponent in the first round of the tournament? You have some history going pack to Pride with Rampage.
    Yes. Rampage and I have fought before and are very familiar with each other's style. I know that he is uncomfortable in the clinch and I am looking to exploit his weakness there.
    How is your training camp going into this fight? You are coming off a legendary war against Dan Henderson, how have you healed up from that?
    It has been going well. I took some time off to heal up and now I am back to training 100%. My weight is good and I should have no problems finishing up my camp for this fight.
    What are your predictions for this fight and the other first round match ups for the tournament at 205?
    I predict a TKO victory against Rampage but it will be a very tough fight. He is a tough guy, but I expect to finish him.
    I don't care who wins the other fights. I am only concerned with who is in front of me, and right now that is Rampage.

6. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

• Like Like x 1
  7. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    Shaun Mason
    DerekC

BONES JONES
    [​IMG]
    BONES JONES, your the defending UFC Light Heavyweight Champion and the favorite to win the 205 TOFC tournament. How do you handle the pressure of knowing if you don't win, no matter how well you do, it will be considered a disappointment?
    Your opponent is considered to be the greatest mixed martial artist of all-time. How do you prepare to fight a legend like Anderson Silva?
    What are your predictions for the fight? What round and how will it end?
    The winner of this fight gets Rashad Evans in the semi-finals. What do you think about potentially finally getting to fight your rival if you get past Silva?
    ANDERSON SILVA

[​IMG]
    ANDERSON! How is training going for your fight with Jones? What is it like moving up to 205 after fighting most of your career at Middleweight?
    For the first time maybe in your whole career you are fighting a man that is much larger and has the reach advantage. How are you preparing to deal with Bones Jones length and size?
    How will this fight finish? What are your predictions for this fight?
    The winner of this fight gets Rashad Evans in the semi-finals, what are your thoughts on Suger Rashad's knockout victory of Lyoto last week?

8. DC

DC Shake n Bake

DerekC

BONES JONES
    [​IMG]
    BONES JONES, your the defending UFC Light Heavyweight Champion and the favorite to win the 205 TOFC tournament. How do you handle the pressure of knowing if you don't win, no matter how well you do, it will be considered a disappointment?
    Its always a dissapointment to lose, bit it would only make me stronger...that said I WILL WIN!!
    Your opponent is considered to be the greatest mixed martial artist of all-time. How do you prepare to fight a legend like Anderson Silva?
    The same as always...Im not scared of anyone. Ill work myself to the extrem just like always and come in and win! All i do is LIN LIN LIN
    What are your predictions for the fight? What round and how will it end?
    Despite my Smack talk, i think it will be a hard fought match. It will g odown to late second early third with a big TKO by one of us
    The winner of this fight gets Rashad Evans in the semi-finals. What do you think about potentially finally getting to fight your rival if you get past Silva?
    ONE FIGHT AT A TIME MY FRIENDS

• Like Like x 1
  9. thebouncer24

TOFC 1 Post-Fight Interviews
    BJ Penn G_T_G
    First off Congrats on the Big Win over Ben Henderson, How does it feel to get the belt back into your arms?
    Many would say that the fight was arguably in favor of Ben Henderson how do you feel about this?
    Donald Cerrone or Sean Sherk...Who do you want to fight and why?
    Last Question, Everyone is gunning for you now, what are you going to have to work on in camp to keep this belt?
    Rashad Evans controllerabuser
    Welcome Rashad and congrats on the big Win over Antonio NOG, How do you feel after winning this fight and getting the chance to win the belt?​
    Do you feel like you had control the whole match or did he slip up in the end?
    Shogun Rua is who you are set to face. What key aspects of your game are you going to work on? What part of your game are you confident vs Rua's Style
    Are you liking your odds going into this Championship fight?
    Anthony Pettis _MG_
    You got the first ever KO due to a Roundhouse Kick, Chuck Norris would be proud, or a Spinning back kick whatever same thing. How do you feel getting the first KO with a kick like that? It looked like you were setting him up were you really that confident in this kick?
    Pettis you and Henderson are 2 that have lost to the Title holder Penn, do you feel like you deserve a Contenders fight and if so who do you feel will be there fighting you?
    Do you deserve KO of the Night?
    Frankie Edgar ryty32
    First ever KO via a Punch. This looked to be a brawl, what was going through your head as you saw Diaz flying superman towards you as you caught him heavy?
    Do you believe you deserve a contender's fight after this TOFC 1 victory?
    What, if anything, are you going to take away from this fight?
    Do you Deserve KO of the Night?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  10. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:

• Like Like x 1
  11. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

TOFC 1 Post-Fight Interviews
    [​IMG]
    BJ Penn G_T_G
    First off Congrats on the Big Win over Ben Henderson, How does it feel to get the belt back into your arms?
    Feels like it is finally back where it belongs. Its been a few years since I have been able to take the belt back with me to Hawaii, so it feels great to have that honor yet again.
    Many would say that the fight was arguably in favor of Ben Henderson how do you feel about this?
    I would have to agree. I was dropped multiple times. For some reason I was having a hard time judging the distance and that showed in the standup. His head kick really connected hard a few times but, luckily, I was able to rally and get the W.
    Donald Cerrone or Sean Sherk...Who do you want to fight and why?
    Cerrone. I have fought Sherk before and he is a beast. But I just recently defeated him so I would like to try my hand against a new challenger. I think the fans want to see BJ Penn fight the Cowboy.
    Last Question, Everyone is gunning for you now, what are you going to have to work on in camp to keep this belt?
    Number one is definitely my standup defense. I have been dropped in every single fight so far in the TOFC and that just can't happen. If I am to retain my belt, I need to improve in that aspect or I will get knocked out. I don't want that to happen.

• Like Like x 1
  12. thebouncer24

Editted Rashads Questions to reflect Jones beating Rua

13. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Actually, I beat BK. He's gonna be fighting me.

14. thebouncer24

i know that's that i said ;) alright re-edited to reflect Rua's lucky win

• Like Like x 2