Tom Freaking Watson

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Hellisan, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Tom Freaking Watson

Got the yips on his last putt. Four-hole playoff with Cink.

I started watching this at 3 a.m., if he can pull this off, it'll be the greatest thing I've ever seen in sports.

I mean... Tiger missed the cut by more than a couple strokes, and this near 60-year old might win.

I feel so bad for him that he missed it though. He deserved to win it on the 18th.

Let's see if he can pull it off. I have to think the advantage lies with Cink, just because he's younger. 10 months removed from a hip replacement, I have to think Watson is tired, and probably sore too.

2. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

That was tough to watch. I feel terrible for him.

3. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

I watched it all weekend and feel like I just got kicked in the nuts. I am deflated. Can't believe he got bogey on 18 after a drive right down the middle. He was that 8 footer away from one of the best sports stories of all time.

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah, as soon as that didn't go in, I knew he was done. He looked GASSED there at the end. I can't even see how that could be a good feeling for Stewart Cink to win it that way. Just outlasting a man twice your age? lol

5. jfosh

jfosh Super

I was pulling for Watson on morning. Kept me from turning on the XBOX. He looked great till the last hole with people collapsing all around him down the stretch.

6. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Yeah, I have always liked Cink and I guess he is a really nice guy so it sucks for him to win his 1st when everyone on the planet was rooting for the other guy. I bet Cink's dad was rooting for Watson.

7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Hell, his mother probably was!

8. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I was at work all day but I just saw the highlights of that last putt and WOW, I could've done that. I'm just glad it was a good guy who won and not Sergio.