Archived Tomahawk Daily

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by NDCOLTS1979, Apr 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

The call has been made as the braves have officially given Julio Teheran a spot in the rotation
    [​IMG]

Delgado may be on the move as the Braves try to sure up some of their needs in the minors and have a few arms in the waiting already. Uggla is being moved hard as the Braves are trying to move his contract. GM Welchel has been working the phones non stop trying to get his team ready for what he hopes is a playoff run. "We have a certain budget we need to stay under and if moving Uggla is what i need to do i will do that. We are a few pieces short and with Chipper putting in his last season we need to make sure we can put some key players in position to continue to win. The fans may not like the choices at first but once the team gets where its going they will fall in love with this team. They have alot of great young talent to cheer for. Heyward, Freeman, Pastornicky and Teheran are going to be key pieces to this organization for a very long time."

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  2. NDCOLTS1979

[​IMG]
    Uggla was informed that a deal has been negotiated and he could be packing his bags for elsewhere. At this point it is pending a physical and finances but the chances are high that his power will be leaving Atlanta.

3. NDCOLTS1979

4. NDCOLTS1979

Twitter is reporting Braves have landed a stud of prospect. So far it is still hush hush and nobody could confirm who is coming but the Braves fans are dancing

5. NDCOLTS1979

1st Base Freddie Freeman

Finding a harmony between the scouting reports and defensive metrics about Freddie Freeman is impossible. Folks who watched Freeman know about his picking-and-scooping abilities as well as his strong arm, characteristics that fan the flames of contention. Freeman's offensive output is less controversial. He became the youngest first baseman in club history to belt 20-plus home runs during the regular season, and produced at rates better than league-average. The downsides to Freeman's season at the plate were his strikeouts (more than expected), issues against left-handed pitching, and wayward plate discipline. Still, receiving as much offense as the Braves did from a 21-year-old in his freshman campaign is a blessing more than a curse. The big question is whether Freeman will be worthy of the Captain Marvel Jr. nickname, or if he just becomes a solid everyday first baseman.

2nd Base Tyler Pastornicky

A good all-around athlete with superior baseball intelligence, infielder Tyler Pastornicky was an overlooked piece of the Yunel Escobar trade back in 2011. His arm isn't the greatest, so he'd probably be better as a second baseman rather than a shortstop, and it isn't clear his on base skills are enough to bat high in the order, but he's got everything else necessary to contribute to the Atlanta lineup, including both raw speed and baserunning smarts. He's very likely to get a chance this spring, as Atlanta doesn't have as many infield choices as they did in years past. Rookie of the Year surprise or another AA kid pushed over his head? Tune in to TBS to find out.

ShortStop Jack Wilson

As long as the Braves are built around their pitching, they’re going to need defense, and if Wilson can stay on the field he can still provide that. “At this point, he’s a No. 8 or No. 9 hitter, and that park doesn’t help him offensively,” Welchel said. “But Wilson can do the little things at the plate, and he’s a high-energy player who can help you defensively.” More than any other Brave, perhaps, Wilson’s health will be an issue from the day he reports to spring training. He could be a hamstring tear from retirement

3rd Baseman Chipper "going to miss you" Jones

"I don't need any rocking chair tours or anything like that," Jones said. "If somewhere along the line somebody wants to thank me, that would be good enough. But I'm not doing this for a farewell tour. I want to get this out of the way, because it's been weighing heavy on me for a long time."

Left Field Jason Heyward

There's little Heyward can't do. He's got great bat speed, with the ability to hit for average and power. He has an excellent knowledge of the strike zone. He's got a plus arm from the outfield, runs well and is an excellent base-runner. His makeup is off the charts. Oh, and he's only 20. The only small knock has been a little bit of an injury history.

Center Field Michael Bourn

Has speed to burn, which he translates into elite defensive play in center field and elite stolen-base numbers. Has developed into a solid hitter for average and he can score a lot of runs.

Right Field Martin Prado

Prado’s versatility makes it difficult to project where he fits in the team’s long-term plans. He played second base , when he switched to left field to make room for Dan Uggla. He’s also logged time at third base, and is currently filling in there while Jones is on the disabled list.

Catcher Brian McCann

Brian McCann has been the steady force at the catcher position over the last six years. He has finished with at least 20 home runs every season except one (he hit 18), he is a career .286 hitter, and has a career .844 OPS. He's also only going to be 28 this coming season. If you are going to go big early on catcher, it's nice that there's a consistent player in his prime available.

6. NDCOLTS1979

Dan Uggla is going to continue to be a Brave. After all the backlash from the fans who seem to find him one of the more popular players are the team. Uggla has stated he wants to stay and the FANS have proven they want him to stay.

7. NDCOLTS1979

After starting the season off 0-4 the Braves have turned things around winning 4 games in a row. Jurrgens would 1 hit the Mets to win the game 1-0. Hudson would blank the Rockies and win 8-0. Braves would beat the Phillies in 11 4-3 and Braves also beat the Marlins 4-1.

As of right now
    Prado .419 7runs 5rbi
    McCann .394 3 runs 5rbi
    Freeman .333 2runs 5rbi
    Bourn 10sb

Kimbrel 0.00 Era 1sv 2.2IP 3k
    Jurrjens 1-0 0.00era 1cg 1sho 15.2ip 5hits 1bb 15k
    Hudson 1-0 0.00era 1cg 1sho 9.0ip 7hits 7k

• Like Like x 1
  8. NDCOLTS1979

Letter from GM
    To the fine fans of the Atlanta Braves,
    I would first like to thank you for the support you show in me and the Atlanta Braves. I am sure some of you are question some of the moves i have made and i am going to give you the reasoning. First i want to wish Simmons and Delgado the best of luck in their new organizations. I was proud to be part of your start in the MLB. We feel so highly on Yelich that we had to give up alot for him. As you all know we have some of the best young arms in our rotation right now. Sadly this is going to be the exit year for Chipper Jones and we needed to find a replacement for him. Well after working the phones the 3b just wasn't out there to be had so we went hard after Yelich. Believe me Miami didnt want to get rid of him and everyone thinks high of him. We have Prado to take over at 3b so Yelich can go to the OF and out team just improved a ton. You all will soon fall in love with him and he will soon become a fan favorite. You can watch his progression this year in AAA and the hope he will be here in Atlanta at the begining of next season. Now as far as my outburst in public about our play in RF i have apologized to Prado and Heyward. I am very passionate about the Braves and want nothing more than for you fans to be able to open a year up as world chamipons. This is my ultimate goal and Prado and Heyward understand and are working hard on improving their defense. They are really excellant players and are looking forward to helping me bring a championship to you.
    Your GM
    Greg Welchel

• Like Like x 3
  9. NDCOLTS1979

The Atlanta Braves have announced the contract extension on Michael Bourn. His overall play is exactly what the Braves are looking for moving forward in the organization. Deal was 4yr 30mil extension. Bourn and the Braves couldnt be happier with the extension and we hope that you as fans are as excited about this move as we are.

• Like Like x 1
  10. NDCOLTS1979

Braves fan appreciation week.
    As the Braves insider when i was approached by GM Welchel about this event at first i was shocked and wasn't sure how this would turn out. Brave fans after the collapse of last year have been down and a little upset this offseason. Until the recent letter sent out by Welchel they were losing faith in the new GM as they couldn't understand why they let these two guys go that they held such high regard for. He will be easy to access for the fans and will do his best to reply to them at all times. G Welchel @TCBLBravesGM
    Welcome and Hope fans will enjoy the season and seasons to come.

That is from his twitter account. The first thing he did was bring in the biggest fan favorite and lifelong Brave Chipper Jones to draw fans in. He then had every player do a sit down interview for the fans so they could get to know each player. He brought the best prospects in the organization and Yelich was at the forefront of the discussion. He was the first player interviewed and fans came out extremely happy and many said can't wait to see him on the field. Here is how the Q&A session went.

Q: Were you shocked at the fact you were traded?
    A: I was extremely shocked because i thought i was going to be the future of the Miami Marlins. At first I didn't understand why it happened but then i met GM Welchel and the plans he has were bright. He assured me I would be in the Braves plans for a very long time. It is an honor to be apart of the Braves tradition and hope i can get to the Braves soon.

Q: Have you met fans or players yet?
    A: Yes when i was traded first person i was in contact with was Chipper. As I and everyone knows this will be Chippers last year. He has been a Brave and always will be a Brave. I wanted to know the city and fans more and Chipper has helped me through this transition. I couldn't tell him the appreciation i have for all the help he has given me. I haven't gotten a chance to meet many fans till today and am glad to be apart of this event. It gives me a chance to meet the fans and allow them to get to know me.

Q: Final question before we open floor to the fans. Are you ready for the Majors right now?
    A: I will always be ready for the majors when i am called on but to answer time in the minors while can be frustrating and very long days is needed. I want to be a Brave forever just like Chipper. So seasoning is always needed and they have told me i will be in uniform one day. I understand and glad to know that i can get used to everything without the pressure that would be on me if i was to start day 1.

The floor was opened to the fans and they only had one question because they really had no clue who he was.

Q: Who are you and what are your strengths and weakness.
    A: As far as weakness goes i have none. Now there are things i can do better but to say i have a weakness is a sign i wont work on my faults to get better. I would say i need to work on this and not call it a weakness. I will make contact with the ball and can put some in the stands for the fans. While I am not going to go out there and try to kill the ball every pitch. If a mistake is made i will try to to hurt them with the mistake. I do have well above average speed and can play the field pretty good. Everything needs to be improved and i will continue to do that. Now off the field i love to fish so my question to you guys as fans is who wants to go fishing? Who wants to catch Marlins? GO BRAVES!!!!!

After the interview Yelich stuck around and fans came out of nowhere after the interview and carried on a conversation for hours. When the fans and Yelich left all the fans were talking about how excited they are and can't wait to see him on the field. Now over the course of the season i will bring you the interviews that took place. All players were brought in for this not to sell jerseys but just so they could get to know the fans and the fans get to know the players. Yelich I have a feeling will be highly regarded by fans in years to come.

• Like Like x 1
  11. NDCOLTS1979

Continuing on the Fan Appreciation Week today we interviewed Dan Uggla Starting 2b for the Braves

Q: This offseason there were chances that you were being traded. How did this feel?
    A: Truthfully i was approached by the gm telling me beforehand that i was being put on the block. It bothered me a little bit but i understand this is a business and my contract is one of the highest on the team. When they decided against trading me and keeping me on the books i was extremely happy. I love it here and i love the fans here. I am going out everyday and trying to bring a championship home for the fans.

Q: Do you truly believe this team can win a championship?
    A: Without a doubt we can. We have probably one of the best young pitching rotations in baseball. Mixed with a veteran like Hudson this team has a chance to go anywhere it wants. We as hitters needs to give the starters some runs and play some defense out there. There is noway our pitcher should give up 2 runs and 0 be earned. We need to fix that and part of it was my fault with my error. We have a young core on the field mixed with veterans. This team can really make noise and McCann is having an All star caliber year to start off with. Bourn well he is just taking bases like they stole something from him. It puts pressure on the opposing team to worry about him when he gets on. It really is a joy to watch when he is on the bases.

Q: How do you feel about the transactions made by your gm so far?
    A: He is a nut case and not sure what he is thinking (laughing) just kidding. At first i was shocked he traded the two he did but he comes in and gives us reasoning for everything he does. As players its refreshing to know why something was done. After meeting Yelich today i have no doubt we won this deal. This kid is going to be amazing and while Delgado will be also its a matter of where he fit on this team. having 5 starters already 26 and under moving him didn't affect our rotation. I give him kudos for going against the grain and landing a guy like Yelich.

Now taking a couple questions from fans

Q: Are you happy with how you and the team have played so far? (Joe Columbus, GA)
    A: We have lost a few games so to say i am happy i can't say that. a few of the losses if we play defense we win. I am happy that we have been in almost every game and that our starters continue to go out there and keep the runs down if they even allow a run. We will continue to improve and will see where that leads

Final question before we let Uggla go

Q: How long do you see yourself a Brave? (Maurice Atlanta, GA)
    A: I really hope i never have to leave the Braves. This is a great organization and great fans. I know its a business but i really hope we can work things out to keep me here for a very long time.

12. NDCOLTS1979

First Promotion of the Year​
    [​IMG]
    First 20,000 fans will receive a Chipper Jones bobble-head. Come out and celebrate the last season with him​

13. NDCOLTS1979

The Braves have optioned MR Eric O'Flaherty to AAA and called up SS Pastornicky. Pastornicky will be in starting lineup.

14. NDCOLTS1979

Our next Question and Answer is going to be Catcher Brian McCann

Q: Heard that you and the Braves were trying to work out an extension to your contract. How is that going?
    A: Well it is true my agent was contacted by the Braves about an extension. We gave them a number that we thought was fair. We thought was fair but at this time the Braves say they can't afford it. I know they are trying hard to find a way to keep me as a Brave so i am not worried and will continue to go out and play hard everyday.

Q: How much does your gm let you in on his plans for the team?
    A: He constantly is down here and talking with us. Telling us where he sees things and what his plans are. It's nice to know before information is leaked out and he does a real good job of that. If someone questions his decision he will allow time for us to talk to him about it and explain the decision. It doesn't affect the outcome but so far his reasoning has been right on and i want nothing more than to be with braves for a very long time

Q: You have been off to a real good start this season.You have 28hits 12rbis 7 runs 11doubles and 2 triples all while batting .400 how does it feel to be off to a start like this?
    A: Its always nice to get off to a fast start but i dont want it to just be a fast start i want it to be season long. I am continuing to take bp and just overall get an even better feel at the plate. Its still early in the year and last year we choked at the end so we are trying to erase that and hope we can

Q: Teheran has been waiting for his chance to get to the mound and be a starter for the Braves. How do you feel his 1st year is going so far?
    A: He is 0-2 right now but has pitched well and kept us in the game each time. He has only a 3.00 era so he shouldnt be winless on the year. Hudson has taken him under his wing and he continues to improve every day its only a matter of time before he gets his 1st win this kid will be amazing.

Q: Final questions before we let the fans ask a couple. How does it feel to have an event like this with the fans?
    A: At first i wasnt sure how this was going to be when the new gm implemented this to our organization this year. From the turnout we have gotten and the support the fans are giving us here i am glad to be apart of this and hope it happens every year.

Couple questions from the fans

Q: Is there any problem with your power this year because you have yet to hit one to my glove? (Tommy 13, Atlanta, GA)
    A: not really the main thing is im just trying to drive the ball this year and put us in position to win. I really hope i can get a hold of a few and maybe just put one in your glove for you.

Q: How does it feel knowing this is Chippers last year with the Braves? (Austin, Atlanta, GA)
    A: it's still surreal to me right now. I knew this day would come one day but just didnt expect or want it to be this soon. What Chipper has done for this organization is amazing and without a doubt is the face of the braves. I hope he sticks around after his career and will miss him in the locker room.

15. NDCOLTS1979

Todays interview goes out to Michael Bourn the starting CF for the Atlanta Braves

Q:You recently just signed an extension with the Braves how does that feel?
    A: It feels great man, this is where i want to play and considering how bad of a start i am off to as far as hitting just glad they are showing faith in me.

Q: You are leading the league in steals at this point. How does it feel?
    A: Frankly a steal to me don't matter if i dont touch home plate. I go out there and if i see an opening i will go for it to put myself in scoring position to be drove in. I have gotten steals and hard hit balls get caught and i don't make it home. So to me that steal is just a stat the stat that matters to me is runs and wins. I could steal 5k bases in one year and score 4 times and i didnt do my job. Runs is the stat i want to see more of.

Q: You are struggling hitting this year is there a reason for that?
    A: I have been doing better putting the ball in play lately but sadly it goes right to someone. Over the course of a long season everything evens out so some of those outs could turn into base hits.

Q: Right now you stand at 8-8 how do you feel the season has started?
    A: Well truthfully it should be better. We had some errors late that costed us a couple games. We started 0-4 and have went 8-4 since so hopefully that will continue and we can make a run at the playoffs cause truthfully that what matters the most.

Now from the Fans.

Q: How is it you get so many steals? (Aaron Columbus, GA)
    A: It comes to timing and speed. I have the speed but if i dont get a good jump i can be caught just like everyone else can be.

Q: How were the negotiations with the extension? ( Samuel Atlanta, GA)
    A: i think this was the easiest contract ever. They made an offer and the next day i signed it. I wasnt even thinking about getting an extension. I was called by my agent saying there was an extension request sent in and was given the figures next day i was signing it.

16. NDCOLTS1979

The Atlanta Braves have Extended 2 players this week.

Jair Jurrjens "I'm really pleased that we're going to have a deal in place at the close of business today. It's been unnerving facing the possibility that I would not be back in Atlanta next year, but now things are settled and we can concentrate on baseball"

Fans are happy to the extension of Jurrjens the fan interest increased slightly.

Martin Prado "I really hoped that this day would be coming soon. You hit one out of the park with this 5.97mil per. I'm not going to say negotiation was easy--It's always rocky when you get right down to it--but i'm relieved that i'll be staying put.

17. NDCOLTS1979

Today we inteview Tyler Pastornicky who was recently recalled from AAA Braves.

Q: Were you shocked to not be on the opening day starting lineup?
    A: I was a little shocked but I was informed a couple days beforehand that they were going to start off with Veteran Jack Wilson and i would be called up at some point for sure. So it felt good to just know that i was in the plans this season. I haven't started off well my first 2 games but am driving the ball so eventually they will drop in.

Q: How is it to be finally here and are you staying put?
    A: I am honored to play in front of these fans we have here in Atlanta. People may not understand but these fans have passion for the braves. Nothing better than hearing the tomahawk get going. The feeling and goosebumps are great. I was told when i was called up i am the starter here now and the future and i am glad they have faith in me and just hope this season goes well. They traded away Simmons and told me the only reason he was traded is because they believe i am the guy so i really hope i don't disappoint them or the fans.

Q: What advice would you give Yelich? He has been told he is the future LF when Chipper retires.
    A: I would tell him to relax and play the game he was born to play. Not to worry to much that when you are told something here in the organization its going to happen. So don't go out there and try to do to much. You have the talent obviously since they came to you traded some good players so just enjoy and play. You will be here soon enough.

Q: I heard they were testing you out at 2b how was that?
    A: Yes i was only for a week or so when they were thinking about trading Uggla. They came to me and said he may be gone and they wanted to know if i could give 2b a try. I had no problems with that. Whats best with the organization is best with me. I am happy Uggla stayed obviously since we didn't hit well today against the Cards but he had the HR and the only score of the game for both sides.

Questions from the fans

Q: How glad are you that you get to play next to Chipper in his last season? omg he is so hot(Amy 15, Atlanta, GA)
    A: (laughs) Well playing next to him his last season is the greatest feeling in the world. He is the symbol of the Braves and i hope i can be here as long as him and become a symbol just like him. I grew up watching him and to be here his last season is unreal and im glad to be here for it. the second part idk thats all you ladies

Q: How relaxed are you right now? You seem to be stressed at the plate at times. ( Timothy Columbus, GA)
    A: at first i was really over thinking and just trying to make plays. I was told to just relax that the spot is mine and im not going anywhere. Chipper has been a big help as well and so glad i can learn from him for one final year. What he will teach me can't be taught anywhere else. Its a real honor.

That concludes today's interview.

18. NDCOLTS1979

Continuing with the interviews we have brought in first baseman Freddie Freeman today.

Q: You have yet to hit a stride this year what is the main cause of this?
    A: I have been putting extra time in the cage lately. For some reason i am just not seeing the ball as well as i would like to. I have faith it will turn around and glad the management has stucken by me. They still have me batting in the middle of the order but i really need to start to hit and show them their faith in me in well deserved. The fans deserve so much better after last season collapse. It was hard to go through as a player and definately as a fan. Their trust in us and passion make this one of the greatest places to play.

Q: Are you glad to see the guys get extension that have gotten them so far?
    A: I am really excited and to be honest am very suprised because of our collapse last season. Most people would of blown this team up thinking they can't win as a unit especially in the late part of the season. Instead we are being shown faith that one bad part of a season isn't going to give us a walking slip. I am sure the fans are happy as well they get to know us and for us to leave is probably a hard part for them. So far nobody is close to leaving and i really love that.

Q: When or will you sign an extension?
    A: Well right now i still have 3 years left on my deal and then its arbitration time. So far the gm had showed he would rather give us a deal on an extension than face arbitration. So in a couple years we probably will be talking. I hope we are and yes i would love to extend and stay here in Atlanta if they chose that path.

final question before we bring in a couple fans for questions.

Q: McCann is a key part of this team and both sides are trying to figure out a deal. Do you think this will get done?
    A: I cant answer for both sides but i would love for them to be able to strike a deal and i am sure everyone involved would love them to. It is a business and sometimes the financing isnt there but everyone involved wants to make this work so hopefully it does get done.

Now time to bring a couple fans up

Q: Last season you seemed to drive the ball more and hit 21 hrs and you havent gotten there this season or even close have you lost your power? (Jacoby Atlanta, GA)
    A: No i havent lost my power its more me just trying to string together some hits and get the confidence back. After last season i cam in expecting huge numbers and i think i have been trying to rush everything. Hopefully this time in the cage has helped and i can continue to get better.

Q: How does it feel playing 1b for the Atlanta Braves? (David Columbus, GA)
    A: Its a great feeling i grew up watching Andres Galarraga. One of the greatest of all time for the Atlanta Braves. Just his 1998 season was amazing to watch. .305 44hrs 121rbis thats a great year for sure. So be able to play here is an honor and a privilege that i can never put into words.

Thank you Freeman for taking the time today for us

19. NDCOLTS1979

Chipper Jones Bobblehead night is a success
    The Atlanta Braves had the Cardinals in for the night and it was a pitching battle for the entire game. Braves could only muster out 3 hits the entire game and the Cardinals grabbed 8 hits. Jurrjens pitched well going 7 innings 6 hits 0runs 0bb and 8ks to make him 3-0 on the year with a 1.45era. Cardinals Garcia also had a great game going 6 innings 2hit 1 er and 7ks. His only mistake was a hanging Cb to Uggla who took out of the park. That would be all the scoring done in this one as the Braves won 1-0.
    Showing up for the game were 40,077 which is only 72 percent full but lets hope for more fan support and get this place rocking again like in the maddux, glavine and smoltz era

20. NDCOLTS1979

Promotion Game for Rockies Game
    The Atlanta Braves are having an after game run the bases for all kids 12 and under. We will be auctioning off game worn Jersey's for the boys and girls club of Atlanta. This will be done after the game and the winner of each jersey will get to meet the player and also get him to sign your jersey and your picture taken with him. All active 25 men will be apart of this auction. We look forward to this promotion as the Boys and Girls Club is a wonderful program. Hope to see you fans there and GO Braves!!!!
    Brandon Beachy #37 $525
    Tommy Hanson #48 $385
    Tim Hudson #15 $768
    Jair Jurrjens #49 $895
    Mike Minor #36 $395
    Julio Teheran #27 $185
    Cristhian Martinez #50 $83
    Kris Medlen #54 $95
    Peter Moylan #58 $85
    Jonny Venters #39 $115
    Craig Kimbrel #46 $1275
    David Ross #8 $95
    Brian McCann #16 $985
    Martin Prado #14 $635
    Freddie Freeman #5 $435
    Eric Hinske #20 $115
    Dan Uggla #26 $425
    Juan Francisco #64 $45
    Chipper Jones #10 $2878
    Tyler Pastornicky #1 $285
    Jack Wilson #2 $135
    Matt Diaz #23 $115
    Michael Bourn #24 $438
    Jason Heyward #22 $988
    The boys and girls club will also be in attendance and will be throwing out the first pitch. Lets fill the park for this great event.

Last edited: May 1, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  21. NDCOLTS1979

To the loyal fans​
    Interviews will be continued here soon. We have been on the busy side with the draft and will work hard to get these guys signed. Each one will give and interview and will bring them to you right here. Also will make sure your aware of who we couldn't get to agree on. So stayed tuned the next few days and lets hope to get these guys signed.​

• Like Like x 1
  22. NDCOLTS1979

[​IMG]

The first draft pick who is going to be interviewed is 3b Steve Franks. He was the 22nd ovr pick made by the Braves in the 2012 draft. First off we would like to welcome you to the organization and thank you for taking time out to do this for the Brave fans.

Steve "I appreciate you having me and thank the fans for the warm welcome and showing up for this event"

Q: In college you were Hitting .333 16hr 54rbi 28sb how does this feel to be able to hit like that?
    A: Honestly I still have alot of work to do. I have struck out 20 times and thats something that i need to fix. No matter what the ball needs to go in play. Anything can happen when the ball is in play but obviously if its in the catchers mitt only one thing can happen.

Q: You were listed as a SS in the draft but the organization has moved you to RF so Prado can move to 3rd when Chipper retires. How do you feel about this move?
    A: Well thats a great question. I am a way better RF than I was a SS and they saw that. It wasn't my job to tell the coach where to put me. I can play so many positions well and the need to move me to the of to replace Prado to move to 3rd is fine with me. I will play wherever they ask me to play.

Q: What is one thing that the fans don't know about you or that is a misrepresentation of you?
    A: My work ethic has come into question but I have a very strong work ethic. I play so many positions that i work at them all and not just one position. Whatever helps the team is what I do. I will prove to the Braves and the fans what kind of ethic i have.

Thank-u for the time and hope to see you in the ml soon.

Last edited: May 1, 2012
  23. NDCOLTS1979

Boys and Girls Club night was a success.
    First i would like to thank County5 for being a part of the special night and auction. His team was a big help in this event as many of them stuck around and signed autographs for the members of the club that was in attendance. It was a class act by the Rockies organization and we couldn't thank them enough. The auction itself was a huge success and brought in 12,380 dollars and all the proceeds go right to the boys and girls club. Couple posts up are how much each individual jersey went for. The Braves won the game which was also a good thing in front of the amazing crowd. Heyward hit a bomb that went 447ft and McCann added a 3run hr. Jurrjens pitched really strong in his last outing of the year. Jurrgens finishes the season 5-0 1.00 era 1.00 whip 34k and 1bb. It ended a remarkable year for him in a year he got his extension. There are only 3 games left on the year and I want to thank all the loyal fans who came out all year. It has been disappointing but the team played hard and I hope you all show the support in our last home game of the year against BobJr and his Texas Rangers.

• Like Like x 1
  24. County5

County5 Practice? I mean c'mon..

Yeah that Heyward shot was a bomb.

25. NDCOLTS1979

Im sorry to all the braves faithful for the season we have had. There is a chance one of your favorites will not be back after next season. McCann may be gone due to contract details even though i hope its not the case just want everyone to be prepared just in case it does happen. Hopefully next season will be better than this season but only time will tell. We have 2 more road games left and the season will be over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.