Too Quiet Here - Read and Respond Mandatory

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big D, May 20, 2010.

1. Big D

Big D Walk On

Too Quiet Here - Read and Respond Mandatory

Guys,

As we move towards our premiership, we are currently in the middle of our fundraising/donation drive that you all should be aware of by now. Even though we appreciate the monetary investment each of you are being asked to make to take this league to the next level (and trust me we REALLY do appreciate it!) we still expect every user to contribute to this community.

Whether that means you are creating your own weekly content such as vegas odds, power rankings, hot and cold lists, weekly owner internviews, podcasts, etc. . . .or whether you are just a daily commenter and forum poster we NEED YOU TO BE MORE ACTIVE.

The past week we are at about 10 posts a day on the forums. That is simply not acceptable for a league of our stature. So I will say it now so I hope Nate doesn't have to start getting involved, but forum activity is MANDATORY. Period. No ifs ands or buts about it. This is not a play your games and nothing else league.

Here is a list of what our current owners are doing on a regular basis. Now I'd again like to mention that you don't have to create your own weekly segment (although that'd be great!). . .but we do expect you to be checking and posting in these forums multiple times daily.

----------------------------------------------------------

Dunlap - Podcast, Hot Stone League, & Yearly Awards
    Jeremy - Power Rankings
    Frisk - Podcast & Team Stats
    Vishal - Weekly predictions? (you had started this, but not the last couple weeks)
    Sammy - League History
    Nate - This Week in the OMFL & Hot Seat

----------------------------------------------------------

Guys, from my view this is the complete list of our regular content. And frankly, this isn't going to cut it. As we move to bigger and better things we expect eveybody to start contributing more here.

I need you to read and respond to this, and indicate what you plan to do to make yourself more active in this league.

Thanks guys!

2. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

I am still doing the Individual Stats, just have a hard time finding time to do so every week with balancing work and the girlfriend..may have some time today.

3. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I am usually very active, but after my heartbreaking lose last night I need a half day off. :(

4. StevenRhysCann

StevenRhysCann Arizona Cardinals

Read. I could probably find time to do some kind of weekly column, what kind of thing would you like to see dunlap?

5. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

Things will pick up like before after this season is over. Summer is approaching so things will start to get somewhat quiet.

6. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

Everyone is playing Red Dead Redemption.

7. Bluebean

Bluebean Kansas City Chiefs

I know someone has done a good job in the past with playoff scenarios during the final 6 weeks of the season. I will add a little something to that every week for the playoff hopefuls called "Bluebean's Bubble" or something, lol.

I've read and responded.

8. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Read. I will start a weekly segment. I have a busy and important day today, so sometime later tonight I will try and wrap my brain around it...

9. maij17

maij17 PSN: MAIJ17

READ.

10. Big D

Big D Walk On

Here are a few idea's (although you certainly can come up with anything on your own):

-Players of the Week, offensive and defensive AFC and NFC
    -Weekly Report Cards
    -Odds to Win games/divisions/omfl bowl
    -Some kind of pick 'em game you could create for the league

-------------------------------------------------------------------

And Bluebean...i love Bluebean's Bubble ! LMAO!

11. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

i actually like the idea of odds. put me down for that. coming soon

12. Big D

Big D Walk On

Cool man....will do.

13. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Ive read, and ill start working on a players of the week, O and D for each conference, after the start of week 5.

ALSO, way early but ive been thinking about it lately.

OMFL FANTASY FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to start an OMFL fantasy football league to the first 11 members that would like to join. Again still WAYYYYY to early to be deciding it but hopefully it will be 12 man online live draft. Ill set up the league and work with ppl that are considering on joining when espn opens its 2011 fantasy server around june. Im gonna give a two month advance warning on the draft so i expect everyone to be there. I hate autodrafters....

ALSO, speaking on fantasy football terms, i am currently 1 or 2 short on my super serious 100 dollar buy in FF league. I run it in knoxville tennessee with some friends and some poker buddies but i had to kick out 2 ppl who didnt pay.

Send me an IM or post here if your interested in either league.... If you want into the big money league, we pay out the best reg season record 100 bucks and champion gets 650 and the runner up gets 250. I run the draft live but had a little bit of practice last season doing a conference call while doing my draft host responsibilities. so thats how it will happen with out of towners due to a in house draft party, not online draft.

14. dritsch

dritsch Walk On

lol so true. every time I turn ps3 on contact list is filled with it.

15. BOM86

BOM86 Walk On

Read and agree..

I agree even more with ^. People who have kids or are in school themselfs, their schedule is about to lose all stabilizability. Or someone like myself who is about to take summer classes, I have other things I need to be doing. I'll still have my games played, but I think I'm going to focus more on my physics and statics class, then I will on who has the best odds to win next week. I love this league, I know I haven't been a part of it long, and this premier status thing was kinda out of the blue to me. But even with my financial situation, I'm soon about to sign up for a lifetime membership because of the way the league is ran, and the things you guys do. BUT if you start making FULL participation required, where I'll get warning for not doing more then I'm already doing... Then I would like to know now so I can decide my OMFL future. I'd have to say there isn't a thing I don't like about this league right now, and want to be part of it's future and the success it will have. but if you start being participation nazis, I'll have to gracefully bow out. I have enough people around me telling me I'm not doing enough to make THEM happy. I'm in this league for SIM football, a good community, and a very well run league... But if I'm playing my games and doing ALL the things I need to do, I don't see why posting 3-4 times a day would be required. I'm not trying to start anything, but I just don't think participation should be THAT big of a deal.

16. VishaL

VishaL OMFL Eagles / PMFL Seahawks

Sorry guys my GF had a death in the family saturday, the services were tuesday, so it was a great week to have a bye, ill do my weekly picks either late tonight or friday

17. joseph201105

joseph201105 OMFL- Oakland Raiders

18. pittrocks43

pittrocks43 TMFL Steelers

19. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

I like the attempt to stir some talk, but let's not get too wired about the summer. You will drive yourself nuts! It would be nice to get more input but we'll get through the summer

20. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I'm going to do a weekly segment on the top postional performers to date. Each week, they will be updates by a recap of those included in the top for each respected position. I will try and have the first one up tonight, granted everyone gets their games in.

Each of the following positions will have a positional ranking:

Top 5 Quarterbacks
    Top 5 Runningbacks
    Top 5 Wide Receivers
    Top 5 Tight Ends
    Top 3 Overall Offenses
    Top 5 Defensive Players
    Top 3 Overall Defenses
    Top 3 Return Men

21. StevenRhysCann

StevenRhysCann Arizona Cardinals

I could try to do a report card type thing, about how the season as a whole has gone for each team so far? Do it every 2-3 weeks or something? I'll give it a test run after week 5, so that i've got at least 4 games from each team to work with.

22. Big D

Big D Walk On

yah. love the ideas guys. rock on!

23. chrisdstan

chrisdstan Walk On

Return men sounds like a great idea knowing we really never here about how much a treat they are in the game. Madden doesn't even have them listed in league leaders which really sucks.

24. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

25. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

just bumping this up. I have been swayed over to the point where I too would like to see more action from our owners.