Too slow

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big D, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Big D

Big D Walk On

Too slow

We have played exactly two games in the past two days, my game then Sammy's game. I don't know what the other guys are doing but day 4 was Monday.

The majority of our league has been waiting. None of the final three games have any kind of confirmed times in the scheduling thread. . .or they have gone past what they said they were going to play.

NFL Season is in full swing and I feel like this league is dying a slow death. Is it just me?

In any case, I say we should advance it in the AM. Trying to get Jeremy on AIM to discuss advancing now.

2. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I do agree that the scheduling of the last 3 games is unaccetable.

However, I do not agree we are dieing a slow death. I have no problems with owners using the entire 5-days to get their games in as long as their scheduling is done properly. With my recent increased work schedule, I forsee myself having to use the 5th day in the near future.

With that said, non of the remaining 3 games do qualify to be able to use the 5th day. Our owners have gotten away from OMFL scheduling protocol. Throwing out vague times and days just wont cut it.

Here is the satus of the remaining 4 games:

Phins & Packers: Game was scheduled for right after MNF. Stang relayed on AIM that Hagen was on PSn but would not reply to his pms. This is the 2nd scheduled time that Hagen has broken. Stang should be allowed to play sub. Seems Hagen maybe has too much on his plate and might be best he steps down until he gets it resolved. At the very least Hagen should recieve game scheduling warning.

Pats & Ravens: The problem with this game was improper scheduling by both owners. They agreed to play "Sometime Monday". Gaddy then posted at 6pm that he was ready. No posts since. Both owners need to have game scheduling warning handed out and game should be simmed.

Cowboys & Vikings: Improper scheduling on Tank's part here. Waj posted his specific times that he could play and Tank responded with some vague times. Tank has not logged onto forums in 2+ plus days nor responded to Wajs repeated texts. Waj should get chance to play sub and Tank needs activity & game scheduling warning.

I will try to start and pay more attention to our gametmime thread and try to make sure proper scheduling posts are being made.

3. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Don't we have someone supposed to nr doing that already? Maybe they need to nip it in a bud and respond to shitty posts regarding game times.

4. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Also I agree with Jeremy, I am going to send out these warnings in a couple hours. As for the phins vs packers game that's has tried to be completed 6 times. All disconnects, Stang went as far as asking me to sub and me and hulk disconnected twice. I would allow them Tuesday to get it completed.

5. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

Yeah I have been trying to get ahold of Tank since Saturday with no luck. He never logs onto AIM, I sent him a friend request on PSN on Friday that still has not been answered, and no answer back on the txt.

6. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Wait a moment, I am still commish of this puppy and just because we feel there needs to be an advance doesn't mean you guys can just advance this thing when you feel like its time without discussing with me. Get Jeremy on AIM all you want, that kinda of stuff is my call.

Who is over scheduling ? I've gotta look it up.

It's bluebean, who was doing a good job but has been mia for a lil while

7. Big D

Big D Walk On

If we are changing back to a straight 5 day advance we need to vote on it. . .which is fine, but we need to vote. We voted to change to a 4 day advance with 5th day only for emergencies. Mustang's issue I'd count as an emergency since he kept DCing. However just plain not getting your games in I dont see as an emergency. I don't want to set a precendent where guys think they can just wait until the 5th day to play their game on a consistent basis. Maybe I'm a hard ass and maybe its just me, but I'll say it again. . . .this is the heart of the NFL season and if we are having issues getting games in right now imagine what it will be like come March.

8. natedawg212000

I agree dunlap, we need to get web and blue back on the ball or get someone in here who will.

9. Bluebean

Bluebean Kansas City Chiefs

I slacked with the game scheduling over the last 2 weeks. It was made a little difficult since my PS3 was broken and shipped off to be fixed. I have it back now and will tighten things up starting in Week 7. I will get the NFC and AFC Contenders write-up done soon ( I'm not familiar with the fancy logos and tables like the guys who do the power rankings so it may not look great but I hope to add my opinions and some decent comments )

I'm going to give this a good effort again; just holla if ya'll want to boot me back to being a normal member, lol. No hard feelings.

10. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Make sure they are posting specific times and days.

11. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I agree with that I have been really slacking with my board duties and I apologize to you guys for that. I was sure that you guys could tell. I don’t want to make excuses, but things have gotten very hectic for me in my personal life and I just have had trouble dedicating as much time as I use to. They also put a new quota on my work network so I only get 20 mins of personal use now which sucks AND I had to pick up a 2nd job that takes up a few of my nights. I still want to be a member of the board, but I would understand if you guys thought it was best to replace me on here. I feel bad that you guys that are working hard with me not participating as much. Really sorry guys. I will work hard to improve if you let me.

12. natedawg212000

I don't want to 'boot' either of you guys from the board, but I do need you to follow through on your commitments. Blue, I totally understand I thank you for your help man, just roll with it. Web, you sound really really swamped and I also understand your situation. I'll let you make the call. If you can't fulfill your duties then I will need to replace you though.