Top 10 Stat Leaders through week 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by mmullen8, Aug 4, 2010.

1. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Top 10 Stat Leaders through week 3

So I spent a bunch of time, picked out our guys and made it nice and pretty....then the damn thing crashed. So go look yourselves you lazy asses.

2. JustASample

JustASample Walk On

lmao! well, it's the thought that counts

3. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

lmao...dang. hilarious. but dang.

4. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I think users hold the top rushing spots, and the rest is pretty spread out. Judging by the looks of things, those rushing numbers are coming down.

Tell me, are the under center runs getting stacked up, or are we getting stuffed on option and read option stuff? I made sure to try to attempt all kinds of runs, and met with reasonable success in all areas. So far, though users have been getting stymied. Let's see how the rest of the guys do, and then we should have something to go on.

5. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

I have a tough time running out of the spread consistently. Devine has had one 100 yard game thus far. Granted, I've racked up some yardage, it is very inconsistent. Shotgun runs appear tougher than I-form. This game almost requires a lead blocker for the back.

Neither of the teams playing the new slider set appeared to really attempt establish a ground game either.

6. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

I had absolultley nothing up the middle, when I could break outside I would get some yardage. I was able to break one late so it was def a bit of a challenge which was hard and frustarting...but extremely fun. I had to pass and make some plays to win this game against ASU. Alot of fun

7. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Good. I'm hoping to hear the words hard & fun used in the same sentence quite a bit when discussing the new sliders.

8. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I did not find the sliders to be realistic. I had a number of situations where plays would not work no matter what. The stretch play, and the counter plays were basically non-existent for me. This is coming from a run first offense. I was still able to rack up 200+ yards of rushing, but it was frustrating to have certain plays taken out of your play book. I am concerned about what this will mean when I play a human opponent.

9. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Wha? Your stats are gorgeous. You just about double up Auburn, who is good defensively, throwing only 12 passes and running for over five yards a carry, and you have an issue with this? That's a great day in the SEC.

You put up 223 yards on 41 carries. Spurrier would kill for a day like this. The only reason we have an issue is because we have become accustomed to putting up silly stats. Even in playstation, we sometimes have to punt. I think we should take a close look at our understanding of the word realistic. We may touch it up a bit, but so far, I'm thrilled as heck with the results we're getting.

10. vatechhokie01

loved the sliders. demands patience on runs. i used tons of ace single-back formation and worked fine. also used plenty of stretch plays that were successful. what i did none of was running out of shotgun, minus an option or 2. loved em. although i couldnt stop dick on defense for the first half.

11. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I played college ball, I coach ball. I know realistic. Throw the stats out the window, they are not the ends to a mean. I don't like it when plays are taken out of your playbook, the stretch is a basic play, and it was impossible to run. I basically had to run toss sweeps and quick dives to get yardage. Yes I am thrilled with the end result I got, but I was not satisfied with the road I took to get there. I do like getting stuffed, and I don't mind punting, in fact in my 4 games the punt game has helped determine the momentum more than anything else. I do have a problem with the defensive lineman bitching my olineman on nearly every play, and every time you tried to run something that wasn't hitting the hole in less than .5 seconds. I think I remember rocket sacks (or something similar in term) being an issue that we wanted to avoid with these sliders, well I am seeing rocket tfls on run plays.

Also I don't want to be all negative though, I did like the way the defense played the option it was realistic and made the option a risky play that it should be if you don't run it all the time.

I also realized, and this may have something to do with the results I saw, but Auburn had two impact players on the defensive line, is it possible that they were playing out of their minds and it skewed my results? I don't know I will have to wait to see, but I doubt playing Alabama will offer much of a difference.

12. JustASample

JustASample Walk On

F#$king Wake Forest RB broke the 1st tackle on almost every play!!!

Ok, i had to get that off my chest..

1st Archie, whatever i say is not directed at you. I know you are just trying to fix a prob that EA fails to every year..

2nd, I did not look at the ratings of the WF players as i wanted to keep an open mind while playing (and i didn't want to be mad when i saw a 60ovr guy playing like superman). And i'm going back to sleep so i won't see them until later today.

Now to the sliders... WF broke waaaaaay too many tackles as i 1st wrote every time they ran the ball they broke the 1st tackle. That shit pissed me the f#$k off (Their 1st score came on a 43 yard run where the RB broke atleast 2 tackle before he even got out of the backfield)! WF has nobody that is that good. All those broken tackles kept drives alive and lead to their other scores (well not the perfectly ran WR middle screen they scored on). So my suggestion would be to raise the Hum tak.. Other then that i saw no issues with the CPU run game. The CPU passing was fine, some miss fires and some drops. No issue with that. My D was pretty good. Their was 1 play where i ran a cover 3 zone and they ran a fly (or go or bomb, whatever you want to call it) pattern. My CB backed straight up in perfect position for that route, the ball was thrown and the CB did not react. He kinda just stood their and their WR catches a 25-30 yard bomb right in front of him. He could have swat that or even better ran up an inch and picked it.. I only noticed that once though. So i'm not saying change anything but just putting that out there maybe that just an issue with zone cov as man cov worked pretty well..

On O, I could not run the ball worth shit! Thomas went from 200+ against BYU to 17 carries for 3.0 yards per carry (something like 40yards and keep in mind i had a 22yard TD run). He broke no tackles and i noticed that even when my FB ran the ball and got met 1 on 1 by a CB i got no push. I either got knocked back or stopped in my tracks. No way a WF CB stalemates my FB! So i say RB ability should go up.. Also, the WF LB were everywhere. I ran like 3-4 sweeps and the F#$king LB would just run swoop in right behind my lead blockers and smash me for a 4 yard loss. So i say either my Oline run blocking needs to be up'd or the CPU awr needs to go down.The LB #32 is burned into my head b/c i want to kick his ass! The passing was good no issues there..

Lastly, my speed guys did not run away from ANYBODY (except that 40yard run Ponder pulled off, but i think they let him do that b/c he is my impact player). So i say the speed threshold should go down.

ok, that's all i can remember i'm going back to sleep

13. vatechhokie01

ran stretch plays all the time. ran 20 diff run plays that were successful.

maybe had 2 "rocket tfls." and this unless you hit the hole in less than .5 seconds sounds like the issue if you ask me. my success is quite the opposite. i find success when i wait 1.5 or 2 secs for blocks to setup...full throttle on the stick at the beginning is surefire rocket tfls. just didn't have these problems and i was playing away against very tough front 7. and yes, BCs defensive 7 is outsanding...look at their ratings.

gotta say...really don't get your beef. you can't throw stats out the window. yours were great. and if you don't like, then start offering suggestions. cuz hell if i want you to only be satisfied when your rbs run for 300yds and 6tds. didn't hear one complaint from you about the unrealistic nature of that dog.

my one struggle is guessing that there is some legitimacy to the run being extremely difficult out of the spread. don't know a fix :(

so suggestions? i'm guessing arch is all ears.

14. vatechhokie01

and to fsu...

thx for the suggestions. my own issue is that every suggestion makes the game easier for us...which is what we just came from.

up our tackling? cpu defense is shit.

up our run ability and oline block? we run for 300yds and 6tds

we are looking for sim stats. i honestly have no idea how you run for nothing versus wake forest. running has become more difficult, more detailed. but i have played about 2 games offline (penn st, texas a&m) and now Boston college, all away and all with these sliders and have had no issue running at all.

thoughts?

15. vatechhokie01

my one comment is that for whatever reason (cpu story-writing bullshit) it seems like EVERY one of us about went down early and the cpu offense and defense is just plain on fire at the beginning of games. wonder if the story changes if we start not deferring and receive and score on first drive. and why does the cpu seem to suck every 2nd half? momentum seems to play a big part again huh...sigh.

16. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Like I said before, I'm going for tough, but I don't want to take plays out of the playbook. Thing is, I tested these multiple times with fairly even competition, and got good results. Now, I did notice that the D would take things away - ex. sometimes defenders would close down the outside on a stretch or sweep, and force me to cut it up. Also, I had to check out of plays quite a bit, as the D would often line up in a way I didn't like. I also noticed that nearly every time I went "off script" to try to hit a big play, I ended up losing yards. Many of us try to bounce inside runs to the outside, and we get caught, when we should have lowered our heads and picked up 3-4. So far, my experience is that I have to change how I run. Not which plays, but how I behave once I get the ball. And yes, sometimes your O-Linemen are going to get used, especially if the star players on the other team are D-linemen.

Now, I might consider a 5 point bump to user run block, just to give us an extra tick to make decisions with the ball, but to be honest with you guys, when people are pissed about sliders, it's probably a sign of a job well done. 300 yard rushing days are not a right. Undefeated seasons are not either. I think we're feeling a little entitled. Games scores, stats, and situations are really looking good.

Also, this is the first I have heard of the broken tackle issue still being a part of the game. I tackled in space all day, though I was playing EMU, who happen to be the suckiest bunch of sucks who ever sucked.

17. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I've noticed this, too. No slider for it, though.

18. vatechhokie01

on the broken tackle issue, montel harris for BC was def breakin some as were TEs and WRs. but not near to the extent from before. again, all of the critiques, although def legit, mostly represent our frustration at the cpu offering a fight. i too want a perfect game where a skinny white wr doesnt break 3 tackles but there again...offer a fix that doesn't result in us winning every game by 25 and putting up 300yd rushing days consistently. have to sacrifice something with the AI provided.

19. vatechhokie01

my biggest concern...again...is the spread teams seem to be having ZERO run game. so let's discuss...

is it possible, to up run ability and/or run block while upping cpu awareness...and what about the threshold...could lowering this help a bit? my thought on the threshold is that it wouldnt have much effect on conference and/or tough games as talent and speed is close...and clearly the cupcakes are still easy (i.e. OSU over E Mich)

20. Goose

Goose Walk On

I haven't played a game with the new sliders yet, but the only problem I have seen that has not been mention is that my D-line get no pressure what so ever. The Nebraska front 4 should be pressuring the QB on almost every pass play.

21. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

As a spread team, I had no consistent run game. Devine on 20 carries managed 57 yards and was frequently tackled from behind by weak side linemen. That's painful...but I won't complain. If they take that away from me, I figure out other ways to move the ball. For instance, LSU gave me little on the ground, so I used my passing game exclusively for the first time this year. I LOVED IT!!!
    I shouldn't be able to run wild vs. LSU and should have to be creative with my gameplan to win. I utilized mismatches with some slot recievers up against LB's and sure enough it worked.

I bet with some guys, they lean on 2 or 3 plays that always work and when the CPU shuts it down, we say the game is broken. Vary the playbook run miltiple plays and multiple formations and you will have success. Much more enjoyable than running the same running play on first and second down and then your one good pass play on third down.

22. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

In my game, I had great pressure on the qb. He was just able to get rid of it quickly and avoid the sack. I was quite pleased with the pressure of my front four. And I hardly blitz, maybe 2 or 3 times a game.

23. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I'd like to find a way to accomplish this as well, but it was an issue before anyone touched a slider. Lots of people were complaining that the read option resulted in a number of negative plays even when we made the right read. But, there should be a way for spread teams to generate a bit more on the ground than they have so far.

I think threshold might be a good way to go for a number of reasons. We all know that the line play is tough, but so far, there has still been an element of "if he breaks a tackle, he's gone" in our running game. We're still breaking big plays. I think putting a little more explosiveness in the spread team scat backs might be a realistic thing to do. I'll play a few games as a spread team with adjustments in the threshold and see what happens. I'll also play with a slight bump in run block, though a 300 yard day will likely be the death of that experiment.

24. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I've noticed a lot of hurries, but the CPU qb tends to get rid of the ball if he sees pressure, so the result is a bad passing day rather than a bunch of sacks. However, I do seem to get to the qb a few times a game. I blitz a moderate amount, but I typically only bring one extra guy, and I pick my spots and situations carefully. I think we'll all see our d-lines playing better. I dropped cpu pass block by five in the last update. That and the five point decrease in qb acc for the CPU has led to some interesting differences in the game play.

25. vatechhokie01

just my 2 cents...i blitz very very little and lead the country in sacks. get consistent pressure all game.