Top 25 features of all time

Discussion in 'Graveyard Shift' started by BobJr, Aug 13, 2013.

1. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Lets all be honest, we love lists. Top 10s and Top 25s rule our sports lives. Well last night I came across this article featuring the Top 25 features in Madden. It is interesting to look through and see the graphics change. It is also interesting to see which features EA decided to throw out through the years.

My personal favorite was the QB vision cone. I thought it added another element to having a legit QB.

Here is the article:

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news-updates-gameplay/article/madden-football-history

So what do you guys think?

• Like Like x 3
  2. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    I still think Hit Stick in 2005 was my favorite addition of all-time. It made playing defense fun.

I have owned every madden since I was 8 or 9 years old...and I had Madden 94 on N64 when I was...4 lol. I love the franchise and I have easily put more time into this franchise than any other game out there.

Besides the hit stick, I think Online Franchise was my favorite addition. It's crazy how cool these leagues are, I can't even remember buying a Madden and not being excited about playing Online Franchise now.

3. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    Also, I too liked the QB Vision Cone. It was a seemless transition for me, and I was really disappointed when they took it out. I played a ton as the Bears, and in 2005 our QB was Rex Grossman. Needless to say, it wasn't very easy to throw the ball that year lol. Thought it added a bit of both realism and extra skill needed for offense.

4. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    1994? I feel old

5. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    Yes, I was 4 in 1994. And yes, you and Ryty and Blackattack87 and uagrad90 are all very, very old ;)

• Like Like x 3
  6. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    Black is so old his favorite player in Madden History is Red Grange

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

This is what football looked like when I was in High school, or as they called it grade school.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  8. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    Sick unis...are those Under Armour or Nike?

9. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

Prison

• Like Like x 1
  10. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    I thought it was a great idea that was poorly implemented. The user already had their own "vision cone" to deal with and then had to control the QBs vision cone after finding who they wanted to throw to. If the Kinect were to get really good where it could read your own eye and/or head movement at the screen, then it'd be perfect.

• Like Like x 1
  11. pitt4life21

pitt4life21 RTJR!

I liked the vision cone too though I sucked with it. Another thing I liked was the weapons icons good way to learn about a team quickly if you did not know much about that team.

12. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

I second the Hit Stick...also add Truck Stick to that. I also agree with just the overall development of the online franchise mode. The depth these games have anymore is unreal. Madden, NCAA, Fifa as well...how much control you have as a user is amazing.

• Like Like x 1
  13. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

I used to enjoy the minicamp lol

14. Blackattack87

Blackattack87 First In Last Out

Do u remember Red Grange the Galloping Ghost, he could do a 9.5 running coast to coast!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Blackattack87

Blackattack87 First In Last Out