Top 25

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Shaun Mason, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Top 25

Who the hell votes in the AP poll?

Someone explain to me why Ohio State dropped 2 spots after blowing out a Toledo team that SMOKED Colorado last week? What exactly did Miami(FL), Oklahoma, and VT do that make them clearly better than Ohio State?

Among other mind boggling things...how does Georgia Tech fall out of the top 25 by being beat by the (now) number 10 team in the country?

Sheesh these things are full off crap.:)

2. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Miami beat two top 25 teams. Where as OSU beat Navy by 4 and Toledo.
    Oklahoma and VT beat ranked teams this week.

3. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Miami went up in the polls because everyone was watching the texas vs. texas tech game and heard the announcers crying about Miami.

Oklahoma went up so they can hype the red river rivalry

vt had that dramatic win.

Its stupid how human emotion influences the polls. heres a novel idea... how about the teams settle it on the field?

edit: miami's offense does look good though.

4. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Oklahoma beat Tulsa...
    VT beat Nebraska by 1...

Neither performance warranted the jump, in my opinion.

Miami beat:
    Florida State, who almost lost to a FBS school last week, but beat BYU this week (who I think was somewhat overrated at #7). Current status - unranked.

Georgia Tech, who I like allot, and think got bounced from the Top 25 unfairly. Current status - unranked.

5. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

My fault about OU.

Still, beating a ranked Nebraska team in my eyes is better than beating Toledo. Miami deserves to be there because they beat ranked teams. GT-ranked at the time they beat them.

6. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

I think the USA Today poll is much more accurate. OSU is 11, in front of V Tech.

1 Florida (59)
    2 Texas
    3 Alabama
    4 Penn State
    5 Mississippi
    6 California
    7 LSU
    8 Boise State
    9 Oklahoma
    10 USC
    11 Ohio State
    12 Virginia Tech
    13 Miami (FL)
    14 TCU
    15 Cincinnati
    16 Oklahoma State
    17 Georgia
    18 North Carolina
    19 Kansas
    20 Brigham Young
    21 Missouri
    22 Michigan
    23 Houston
    24 Nebraska
    25 Florida State

7. CaddilacRockBox

CaddilacRockBox 3 Star Recruit

I know someone will get butthurt by me saying this, but I think GT might have been a bit overrated. They didn't exactly look like world-beaters against Jack St. either, they got taken to their limit by Clemson, then beaten pretty handily by Miami. All I keep hearing is, well Miami looked good, BUT..it was only FSU or GT was tired. What would it take for some people to admit how good we really are?

8. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

I think UM is a top 10 team this year and im hoping they beat out V-Tech for the ACC Bowl Bid. I don't think they are National Title contenders with Flordia, Texas, Bama, and PSU up at the top, but it is the BCS and anything can happen. Would love to see them vs any of those top teams though. If there's one thing people can agree on its that Miami is exciting to watch.

9. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

miami is good

10. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

The thing to remember is that the rankings right now really don't mean crap...Sure, it helps to be as high as you can but if you keep winning, others in front of you are going to lose and you'll keep climbing. Nothing to get too worked up over right now.

11. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

10 USC - Lost to UNRANKED WASHINGTON

20 Brigham Young - Lost to UNRANKED FSU 54-28
    Favored by 8 at Home (where they didn't lose a game since 2005)

Accurate my ass.

*If thats the case the team that loses is still above the team that beat them, then OU won the NC last year. Congrats Sam!*

12. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Yeah I have to agree with AMP. I think that both Miami and FSU have found their QB's and because of that neither should be overlooked. Their game was close because they are both real solid ball clubs.

Now if only the Badgers would start losing so Alvarez would fire Bielema, all would be well.

13. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    What's wrong with Bielema?

14. dub

dub Banned

Too early for this..It's a long season

if Miami is 4-0, we're national contenders, bottom line.. Nobody would deny that.

VT is up...

15. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I've seen just about every top 15 team play so far and I haven't been impressed by any of them except Miami. Florida looked good against Tennessee I guess but they weren't all that. Texas looked good against Tech, but again, nothing to be scared of. I don't see any of these teams going un defeated. Sorry Gator fans, someone is gonna get them. If Tennessee had a QB or some sort of passing game they probably would have had you in the swamp....If Miami can get past VT and OU they could run the table but that's a big if. It should be a very interesting and entertaining season. Ohio State did get shafted a little, but it's early.

16. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

If Texas gets past OU, everyone should be scared of them. They are winning with Colt playing like garbage. If he ever has a decent game (by his standards) Texas will be very tough for anyone to beat.

Also, their Big 12 schedule is shaping up to be softer than advertised(there is no gauntlet of tough games like last year). Just have to get past chokie and chokie state...:)

17. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

I agree with your hypothesis sir. :D I think we see each other again in the ACCCG, BTW it's BS that Penn State/Iowa has gameday when #9 plays #11.

18. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

PSU/Iowa

I think there are a few reasons PSU/Iowa got the Gameday crew. First would have to be how good the game was last year. Which means zero for this year. Second, Iowa has had PSU's number recently. This means a lot for the Big11 picture on down the road. Third, it is in Happy Valley, 100,000+ Blue and White dressed crazies on what is close to the last night game for the Big11 this year because of the new rules. Just my thoughts on the situation.

Mike

19. CaddilacRockBox

CaddilacRockBox 3 Star Recruit

Yeah, I would love to see all of the frowns in Blacksburg, VA after the game. :confused: