Top 3 User Rbs 2010-11

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by drowsike, Jul 3, 2010.

1. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

Top 3 User Rbs 2010-11

[​IMG]
    #1 Demarco Murrary

All-Big 12 second team by coaches and honorable mention by AP ... All-Big 12 Academic second team ... second on the team in both rushing and receiving ... had two 100-yard rushing games with 107 against Baylor and 101against Idaho State ... career-high 143 receiving yards vs. Texas A&M to tie OU game record for receiving yards by a RB ... career-high eight receptions vs. Texas ... four multi-touchdown games (13 in his career).

[​IMG]
    # 2 Graig Cooper

Miami's rushing leader with 695 yards on 134 attempts and four touchdowns ... Played in 12 games with eight starts ... Moved into seventh place all-time in career rushing yards (2,218) ... Ranked seventh in the ACC in rushing ... Picked up sixth career 100-yard rushing game with career high 152 yards on 18 carries against Virginia ... Averaged 5.2 yards per carry ... Led the team with 1,417 all-purpose yards, which was fourth-best in the ACC ... Had a career-best 232 all-purpose yards in the season opener at Florida State including a career-high 177 yards on kick returns ... Gained 93 yards on 17 carries against Georgia Tech ... Rushed for 99 yards on 17 carries against Clemson ... Caught 18 passes for 132 yards and one touchdown during the regular season ... Led the team in kick return yards (582) on 26 returns with a long of 63 yards against FSU.

[​IMG]

#3 Roy Helu Jr.

Helu eclipsed the 100-yard rushing mark four times and ranked fourth in the Big 12 in rushing at 81.9 yards per game. Helu was also adept at finding the end zone, leading the team with 10 touchdowns, including three touchdown efforts against Florida Atlantic and Kansas. He also continued to be a receiving threat with 19 receptions, the third-highest total on the team.

Helu opened the year in impressive fashion with 152 yards on 16 carries against Florida Atlantic. He ran for 95 yards and two touchdowns on five second-half carries and had three TDs in the 49-3 win. Helu accounted for 104 yards against Arkansas State with 60 rushing yards and four receptions.

He continued his impressive play away from Lincoln with a career-high 169 yards on a career-high 28 carries at Virginia Tech. Against the stout Hokie defense, Helu averaged 6.0 yards per carry and had four runs of at least 20 yards. He also led the team with four catches for 33 yards.

Helu led the team with 83 yards and two rushing touchdowns against Louisiana-Lafayette. Battling the flu at Missouri, Helu ran for 88 yards and a five-yard touchdown to help NU to a come-from-behind victory. He gained 68 yards against Texas Tech, before a nagging shoulder injury slowed him significantly the next two weeks, limiting him to just 12 combined carries against Iowa State and Baylor.

He got back on track against Oklahoma, posing another impressive performance against a ranked team. Helu had 20 carries for 138 yards, including a career-long 63-yard run, in the defensive struggle. He also had three catches and accounted for 158 of the team's 180 total yards. Helu posted a second straight 100-yard rushing effort with 156 yards on a season-high-tying 28 carries at Kansas. He rushed for two touchdowns and recovered a fumble in the end zone for a third score. Helu also closed the game with 85 yards and a pair of scores on NU's final two drives of the game.

2. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Graig Cooper . . . he has half a knee! Give me Anthony Allen GT!

[​IMG]

3. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Hater!! Nah I agree AA should be up there... kid is fast as hell. But Cooper will excel in my offense, we'll forget all about that lil' knee, lol

4. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

yea..sdid.I was really on the fence about that one...

5. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

I love Graig Coop wish he wouldnt have gotten hurt but Gore, mcGahee both hurt knees at the U and have had nice NFL careers, more Gore than McGahee but still . . .

6. spliff616

spliff616 Walk On

I like the addition of Helu to the list. Nice write up as well, very insightful about the flu and shoulder injuries.