Top 5......

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Pro, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Pro

Pro Walk On

I thought this may be fun to get some banter going about a certain topic. Make up a Top 5 list based on the topic and post it here. Feel free to jump on the discussion.

The first topic will be something we all like......BEER

Pro's Top 5 Favorite Beers

5. Great Lakes Conway's Irish Ale

4. Great Lakes Blackout Stout

3. Leinenkugel Summer Shandy

2. Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold

1 TIE: Great Lakes Christmas Ale/ Thirsty Dog 12 Dogs of Christmas

2. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

so do you like Great Lakes beer? ;)

5. Goose Island Nut Brown
    4. Bells Two Hearted
    3. Dogfigh 90
    2. Delirium Tremens
    1. St. Bernardus Prior 8

3. vatechhokie01

P.S. I love lists!!!

4. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

5. Stroh's
    4. Natural Light
    3. Natural Ice
    2. Pabst Blue Ribbon
    1. Milwaukee's Best

I have a very refined palate.

• Like Like x 4
  5. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

Top 5 Best/Worst Sports Memories

BEST
    5. UVa beating FSU in 1995. They stopped Warrick Dunn at the goaline. It was FSU's first ever ACC loss.
    4. UVa's first trip to Omaha in 2009.
    3. Seeing games at Wrigley, Fenway and Yankee Stadium in person.
    2. UVa ranked #1 in the nation in football (1990 - lasted 4 weeks, then injuries decimated the team).
    1. My second year coaching, my JV team won the district title against Poquoson (Heath's town). They hadn't lost in 2 years. Same group of kids that were 4-12 the year before. Overcame an 8-0 deficit early and walked off with a 9-8 win. The sad thing is that since then, the kid who came in to pitch to keep us in it and also the kid who had the game winning 2 run double have both died drunk driving.

WORST
    5. Ken Griffey Jr.'s many injuries. (My favorite player growing up, he would have easily been the best ever IMO without all the injuries).
    4. Lawrence Taylor makes Joe Theismann's leg explode.
    3. Scott Sisson hits 50 yard fg as GT beats UVa in 1990. UVa was #1, GT went on to win title.
    2. 19 straight years of sub .500 baseball for the Pirates
    1. sid bream?

6. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

1. St. Ides Malt Liquor
    2. Mickeys Malt Liquor
    3. Olde English 800 Malt Liquor
    4. Silver Thunder Malt Liquor
    5. Colt 45 Malt Liquor

Honorable Mention: Steele Reserve 211

• Like Like x 1
  7. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

classy.

Do you just turn in your scratchers winnings at 7-11 for 40s?

• Like Like x 2
  8. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Lol

Only if I don't win at Keno first!

9. Pro

Pro Walk On

I love great lakes beer.

Best Sports moments:

5. The 2006 Ohio state-scUM game

4. Kent State's elite 8 run

3. Jim Thome returning to the Indians last year

2. Ohio State beating Miami for the National Title

1. The senior season of the basketball team I coached. *we went 14-1, won a holiday tournament, and our division. The first two years we won a combined 3 games. So to finish like that was extremely gratifying.*

10. Pro

Pro Walk On

Worst Sports moments

5. The 1995 World Series

4. The 2007 BCS Championship Game

3. The 97 world series

3. The 06 BCS Championship Game

2. The Decision

1. My basketball team falling one game shy of making the league championship and state tournament.

11. BulldogBully

BulldogBully Whiskey Slinger

I'm not really into craft beers...I save that for wine and whiskey, but here's my favorites:

5. Heineken

4. Any mexican cerveza with a lime wedge (how could you not like this with mexican food or tequila? or on the beach??)

3. Amstel Light (Holland makes good beer and vodka...Ketel One is hard to beat)

2. Coors light and/or Miller lite (just the standard choice for tailgating or when I just want to drink as much beer as possible) Anything but Bud light...I don't know how that has become the staple for light beer...it's piss water. I guess marketing can build anything

1. Abita Amber (Louisiana's finest) If you've never experienced a cold Abita in the French Quarter of New Orleans with a po'boy or oysters, you're missing an great experience.

12. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

Top five beers

1. Pliney the Younger by Russian River

2. Speedway Stout by Ale Smith

3. Sculpin by Ballast Point

4. Consecration by Russian River

5. Exponential Hoppiness by Alpine

That's a tough list I feel like I am leaving out so many great beers!

13. vatechhokie01

Stroh's is an amazing amazing response... as were the various and multiple malt liquors, lol

14. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

Top 5 Westminster west prof's

1 Michael Horton

2. Scott Clarck

3. Robert Godfrey

4. Bryan Estelle

5. J.V. Fesko

15. vatechhokie01

Best 5 (just buckle up for the homerism):
    1) Miami-VT '95: Miami came in undefeated @ #2. We were like 13pt dogs or something. VT 31, Miami 7. One of my best friends who had never been to a college fball game came with me. Just the flat out craziest environment I have ever been in my life with no real comparison. You couldn't hear yourself think and had a hard time breathing the whole game. Simply unbelievable experience.
    2) Watching WV-VT in '99 on TV. Freshmen Mike Vick, undefeated VT, down by 1 with 75 seconds and 85yds to go. Vick destroyed them and Shayne Graham hit a 44yd FG to win it and basically send us to the Natl Champ that day.
    3) Watching VT-FSU natl champ: house full of friends. We lost but none of us had ever seen one man dominate like that.
    4) Watching every home game Vick every played at was just plain crazy, but none crazier than his 1st ever game. Everyone on campus had heard (remember, he really wasn't that highly recruited) that he was gonna be special his reshirt yr, but when he came on to start his 1st game (JMU... enter jokes), his first drive he ran the field and flipped over a defender for a TD... and just watching him everyone in the stadium was like, "Uh, who in the world do we have here?"
    5) Sitting in Mets owner's boxes with one of my best friends (end of a 3-game previous day double-header) in old crappy Shea and getting to go down beneath and chat with David Wright/get his signature afterwards. I think we were 29 and we both felt 7 at best. Amazing.

Worst 5:
    1) UNLV losing to Duke in '91. The unthinkable. I was on vacation in the outer banks, NC. Diehard UNLV fan when I was a little kid (lived in Vegas for 4yrs during their run). This boy cried at 12yrs old over that one.
    2) 2007, #1 BC, #8 VT - I was in Boston, the game was in Blacksburg. Matt Ryan is a bitch. Last second miracle.
    3) 2002 (in person), Pitt @ undefeated VT: Up 21-7 in the 3rd quarter, freshmen WR Larry Fitzgerald destroyed us with fade after fade after fade catch in the end zone in a freaking blizzard to come back and beat us.
    4) Watching us lose (in person) to USC and Bama in 1st games of year while leading both games in 4th quarter. Both games were unbelievably close (we got hosed in USC game on worst PI call ever... behind the bullshit OSU-Miami one of course) and both teams went on to win natl champ.
    5) ...and every other freaking big game we've basically ever been in :LSU, Michigan, Boise State, FSU, Kansas St, etc, etc, etc

Honorable Mention: Women's Professional softball game in Hampton, VA in which Weave ran around the field in this huge captain mascot outfit like an idiot... amazing time.

16. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

LOL. I do love me some Michael Horton.

• Like Like x 1
  17. vatechhokie01

Top 5 worst players in this league:

5. Bonner
    4. Mormon
    3. Mormon
    2. Mormon
    1. Mormon

• Like Like x 3
  18. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Top 5 Sports memories

5. Watching Jordan and the shrug (20 years ago already folks) against Portland
    4. The James Harrison INT return against Arizona in the Super Bowl. The longest, slowest 100 yard dash ever.
    3. The John Smoltz/Jack Morris game in the 1992 World Series. we lost but what an amazing game.
    2. The Slide, Sid Bream. Which, weave they are doing a Sid Bream slide bobblehead give away in a week. First one that goes up on EBay is mine.
    1. 1995, Mark Wholers pitching, Marqius Grissom with the catch, world series champs.

Worst.
    5. Jerome Bettis fumbling at the one, opening the door for the Colts
    4. Neil F'ing O'Donnell throwing to a wide open Larry Brown, twice. He wasnt on our team.
    3. Kirby Puckett....fat little bastard
    2. Losing to the local Cubbies in the playoffs in 05, miserable time
    1. Sandusky

19. Goose

Goose Walk On

For the love of all that's holy you have to post some pics of this.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  20. vatechhokie01

Goose I believe we might actually have some lol

21. vatechhokie01

My top 5 favorite things about Mullen:

5) he has a duel-role at the YMCA: lifeguard and girl's volleyball ref
    4) he has spent his entire life supporting Sandusky's Penn State Nittany Lions
    3) everytime I talk with him, I immediately want to enjoy the Lord of the Rings all over again
    2) he has a very soft voice and gay lisp
    1) he lives in Winnebago, Illi--noice... Winnebago.

• Like Like x 5
  22. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

for the last time, I had a broken jaw, speaking is still a little difficult. You are a horrible person, no one here likes you. They only stay because they know you will disappear for a month again soon. but...I am a good sport so I give to you....

My top 5 favorite things about Heath:
    5)How he looks when wearing a v-neck t-shirt with an ironic saying while looking out his black horn rimmed glasses holding a starbucks and playing WOW on his Ipad.
    4)Did anyone notice how he was holding his beer when he would drink it during those videos....it screamed, I drink these all the time, seriously I am a man
    3)Eybrows, sweet jesus looks like he has two catepillars on his face
    2)The fact that he has lived in Hawaii for two weeks yet calls me Bro everyother word. Your not a local Honky
    1)Um.....

Now, get focused, you only have 4 more days off work this week.;)

• Like Like x 5
  23. vatechhokie01

you are a small small guy and I would like to get an apartment with you.

• Like Like x 1
  24. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

Ask and you shall recieve. Except, I was a giant softball, not a Captain. Another friend of ours (now my brother in law) was the captain.

Scan 121570000.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  25. vatechhokie01

YES!!!!! lol