Top Ten Draft Picks

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Masler, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

Let's take a look at how the Top Ten Rookies around the league are doing so far. I will do an installment for each of the First Round Picks.

1. Andrew Luck - QB - Indianapolis Colts

[​IMG]

Luck is taking some time adjusting to the defenses of the NFL. His only win came vs the Browns where he threw for 3 TD's but still recorded an INT, in which he has recorded 20 on the season. His most impressive stats would be his 256.3 YPG, pretty good average for a Rookie that just joined a team with many position changes last off-season.

Grade: F

2. Robert Griffin III - QB - Washington Redskins

[​IMG]

None of his stats really stood out to me, which is normal for most rookies (at least IMO). He doesn't appear as explosive as his real life counterpart but has still won 3 games as starting QB and was involved in that rare tie vs Atlanta. I was rather surprised to see he didn't have a rushing TD yet, no sure if Coach MoonBBad is protecting him from injury or just trying to be a pass first type of guy.

Grade: C

3. Trent Richardson - HB - Cleveland Browns

[​IMG]

He started off the season with good with his first 100 yard game and two rushing TD's. However he doesn't seem to be helping the Browns cause much as they have dropped every game since the season opener and he has only scored one TD since the opener. But take it from a Coach who knows rushing is not easy in this league

Grade: F

4. Matt Kalil - OT - Minnesota Vikings

[​IMG]

He has only allowed 2 sacks and has played in every game this year. Give this kid credit with the year Adrian Peterson is having. It's tough to talk about too much about an OT, but I will mention he has blocked 4 pancakes as well.

Grade: B

5. Justin Blackmon - WR - Jacksonville Jaguars

[​IMG]

The Jags leading receiver yardage wise at 368, but with MJD on the team the passing game has been slightly neglected. He does have a whopping 14.2 ypc though (there's a glitch stating he averages 368 ypg..) Maybe with a new coach behind the Jags, the passing game will see some more attention. Also, Welcome to Coach Gyrene76, good luck!

Grade: C

6. Morris Claiborne - CB - Dallas Cowboys

[​IMG]

Seeing quite of bit of playtime down in Dallas with 374 downs played. Looks like his aim is more to disrupt the play rather than make the play with 4 deflections and 1 INT. Leads in tackles among the CB's for Dallas and with no big names to emerge at the position, he better take advantage.

Grade: B

7. Mark Barron - SS - Tampa Bay Buccaneers

[​IMG]

Impressive rookie season thus far, second in tackles on the team, leads in deflections with 5 and has one forced fumble. He has found his way into the backfield just once but that means he is staying true to his position.

Grade: A

8. Ryan Tannehill - QB - Miami Dolphins

[​IMG]

Unless David Garrard goes down, Tannehill is going to be doing a lot of this for probably quite a while. He has zero stats.

Grade: N/A

9. Luke Kuechly - ROLB - Carolina Panthers

[​IMG]

Looks like Coach fuzzyl0gic has given this Rookie a chance and it appears to be paying off. He has accumulated 7 tackles for a loss and a pair of sacks. He even has a take away to add to that resume. Another player that has all the tools to become a great player.

Grade: B+

10. Stephon Gilmore - CB - Buffalo Bills

[​IMG]

A pair of INT's, a pair of fumble recoveries and a defensive touchdown are the highlights of his season. The troubling stat is the 8 catching allowed but to be honest I'm not exactly sure what affects this stat but it makes me think he needs to be just a little more aggressive in coverage and he should be just fine.

Grade: B+

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
    • Like Like x 11
  2. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

3. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

That's awesome Mas!

I feel like I'll be on this list again next year! lol, I just played an unranked match and lost 34-14...

4. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Nice work Masler

5. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

Masler

Breaking News Tannehill has just been announced as the starter in Miami

• Like Like x 1
  6. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Gilmore is going to be a stud - you can pretty much take that to the bank.

7. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Handin out F's like Dennis

• Like Like x 2
  8. Gyrene76

Poor Garrard can't keep a job.

9. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

He hurt his knee playing with his kids - what do you expect?

10. Gyrene76

[​IMG]

11. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Kalil has been an animal so far.

12. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

The way my team has been playing there is no position that I won't look at for my soon to be top 5 pick.....including QB.

13. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Claiborne has played really well this season and I hope he plays like this the rest of his career

• Like Like x 1