Topic 1: Let's mingle!

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Shaun Mason, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Before we get serious talking about specifics, lets talk about who we are. No predetermined format, just share what you want.

Me:

I would guess most of you know who I am. I'm pretty transparent about my personal life, hence using my real name.

I am:
    • A father of one
    • A step father of three
    • Separated from my wife
    • Fat:)
    • An alumni of Ohio Northern University (BS Computer Engineering)
    • An employee of Honda, where I am a software engineer.
    • An EA SPORTS Game Changer
    • Run ragged by TSO
    All in all, I like to think I'm a pretty nice guy, though I have my asshole moments. I'm excited about this league and I hope everyone else is too. I hope we can keep this group together until we all get tired of video games.:)

2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

• Not Married, live with my GF Danielle of nearly 6 years
    • No kids, don't plan on having any ever
    • Graduated from Ohio State with a degree in Information Systems in Spring 2009.
    • Still live and work in Columbus - I do a boatload of systems support so if you have computer problems, feel free to ask, helping people is what I do.
    • Variety is the spice of life - I have many interests and pursuits outside of video games but I love football and video games just as much as the rest of the bunch.
    • Not fat - but definitely weigh more than I would like to.
    • Die hard Bills fan for life. #BillsMafia
    • I tend to think I'm very opinionated and I know I can be stubborn at times BUT I'm also not unreasonable. I do NOT think that my way is the only way but I will definitely weigh in on most topics and hopefully give good support as to why I think the way I do. Take it with a grain of salt though - opinions are like assholes.
    • The most important thing for me in M13 is rebuilding my reputation. I'm not a bad guy. I know I've made mistakes in the past and I've owned up to them. Being at the butt-end of every joke gets old though so my #1 goal is to make 31 good friends out of this league. #TMFLMafia
    I'm as excited as can be about the TMFL for M13. This is the first year I've specifically dedicated myself to one league and one league only. I hope its a positive experience for everyone involved and I look forward to matching wits against you all not only between the lines but also in the first ever FAIR fight outside the lines (offseason).

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

The world thanks you

• Like Like x 1
  4. RedZoneD25

RedZoneD25 TSO Social Media Coordinator

- Likely the youngest member of the TMFL this year at 22.

- I've been dating my girlfriend for four years this October, likely she'll be moving in before then.

- No kids and probably won't for a while. I'm a big fan of "Practice Mode" though, haha.

- I'm a self-taught guitarist (left handed) of ten years. I currently own seven electrics, one acoustic and an assortment of amps/pedals/recording gear, etc.

Crowning achievement- I've mastered the 1981-'84 Eddie Van Halen guitar tone (won't try for '78-'79, that's sacred), and I'm sure I'll end up posting covers at some point on here. My father calls me DVH, since he's cool like that. I still think I suck, but that's due to a massive self-esteem issue I've had my entire life. It's beyond annoying at times.

- I'm nonviolent by nature, but I can throw ninja stars at you with words (mainly, it's in fun.) That said, I consider myself respectful to all until given a reason to behave otherwise. Fluent in sarcasm and bad puns.

- Still live at home and don't drive. a) it's much cheaper to build my foundation from home and b) I don't drive because a good friend of mine died in 2007 driving and it scarred me. May be looking to get out there and heal the wounds soon.

- I have five tattoos, two of bands who have helped me not end it when I was at my worst (Alice in Chains, Coheed and Cambria), one 1985-1996 Eagles logo on my calf, an XXV on my inner right arm (Born on 25th of Feb, 25 is my favorite number and seems to follow me not unlike that awful Jim Carrey movie '23'. The last one is a big "Forever Grateful" across my chest. I hate this one and wish I never got it, not because of the message but because I have a medical issue that causes it to look incorrectly proportioned.

- While young, I've been through more than anyone I know. While that doesn't mean I think I'm better than anyone, I'm not your regular dumbfuck run-of-the-mill 22 year old and I think that will be shown throughout this cycle.

- Diehard Philadelphia sports fan, though the Eagles will always dominate my attention.

- I'm 6'2, 205, but I look more like 6'1 180. I have no idea how this happened, then again I just flaunt my seemingly atrophy-stricken arms as "internet muscles." That and there's a good 25 pounds of straight up man dangling. It happens.

- Looking forward to not only playing in the league, but building friendships. If we were in person, I'd be awkwardly silent but since we're not, screw it, I'm social.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  5. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

• Ill be 40 in November, so yeah... I've got that going for me :(
    • I'm married with two amazing little girls ages 3 and 21 months.
    • I am the General Manager of a hotel and my job is the bane of my existence. Unfortunately my wife is also a stay at home mom, so I have no choice..
    • A huge music nerd with hundreds of bootleg concerts in my basement.
    • I am a huge homer in terms of PA sports team interest. If they are from PA, I root for them. Although.. I do like the Chicago White Sox as well as the Pirates. The 2005 White Sox season was one of the best sports moments for me. I watched nearly the entire season and the entire playoffs. The Steelers though will always be the team I like the most. It's a family thing...
    • I have always been an avid gamer and started playing D&D at a very young age. It evolved to PC gaming. I was a console snob for a long time, and always had a top of the line PC for all my gaming needs. Eventually though, I conformed and now I'm pretty much an exclusive sports gamer. Although I do branch out into other stuff.
    • A huge military history nerd. I've read dozens of incredibly dry (for most people), military histories on famous battles, campaigns or leaders. WW2 in particularly Operation Barbarossa and the German vs Russian campaign interests me the most. I also play wargames if I ever have the time on my PC. Stuff that can take an hour to make 1 turn.
    • Lived in SC for about 12 years at Myrtle Beach and CHarleston, SC.
    • I was born in London :) My dad was stationed in the Navy during that time. I remember absoultely nothing about it.

6. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

• Like Shaun, I'm not a fan of 'cool' interwebz handles, my name is Drew like the gamertag suggests. I'm 39 (old guys represent!), married for 13 years and have 3 kids - 2 boys who are 3 and 4 and a baby girl who turns 1 in 2 weeks. If I get on the mic during games when the kids are up you guys will begin to understand the insanity that is my house.
    • I'm a CPA by trade, but about 3 years ago I left the public accounting grind and took a job at a consulting firm that was much closer to my home and that also allowed me to go from working 100 hours a week to closer to 45-50. It was during this transition, where I suddenly had some time to myself, that I found TSO. During that time I've met alot of great guys and had a lot of fun gaming in various leagues around the site.
    • My family and I moved back to CA a year ago, mainly to get closer to family. We live just west of the San Fernando Valley, and after living in the Northeast for 3 years and can say that I don't miss the snow AT ALL. I've moved a ton over the years (lived in 5 states in 18 years before college and lived in 4 more since I got married), but I'm hoping that this last move is the final one for the forseeable future.
    • Aside from TSO and sports games, I'm an RPG nerd from way back. Like PAgamer07 mentioned, it started with pen and paper D&D when I was younger and then evolved into console/PC games. Aside from sports games, RPG's are pretty much all I play. I also used to collect comic books and love all the movies in that genre that are now coming out, and I still tune into the occassional pro wrestling broadcast just for shits and giggles.
    • On the sports front, I'm a huge fan of the Bears and Bulls, and have been since going back to the early 80's. My favorite Bears player ever is Mike Singletary, which is where the '50' in my gamertag comes from.

7. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

• PIG BOMB is known to friends offline as "Danny Mack"
    • Married father of two with an english bulldog, chihuahua, and a fish living in Raleigh, NC
    • 1/2 stay home dad 1/2 business owner [i own a soccer franchise/club]
    • Grew up in Texas but moved and stayed in North Carolina after coming here to play soccer at NC State
    • I've been playing EA Sports games since they first started on Sega Genesis
    • Manchester United Super Fanatic [in fact, my son is named Trafford after their stadium Old Trafford]
    • The wife works nights for Verizon Global Network Management, which means my evenings are free to pursue my passion for gaming
    • Regularly attend Carolina Panther and Carolina Hurricanes games
    • I love BBQ, Texas and Eastern North Carolina

8. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Yeah pretty much sports, RPGs and strategy games for me. I wish I had more time to play them. I haven't made it far in Diablo or even Skyrim. Do you play any MMO's?

9. AzureEffect

AzureEffect Walk On

A little about Azure:

I am:

• Husband to one haha
    • Father of 31 TMFL members (haha, j/k) Father of none yet
    • Simulation Gamer who does YouTube videos for fun
    • From Tennessee; live, die, eat, sleep & shit Titans Football..talking negatively about my Titans is almost as bad as spitting on me (think Keller with his OSU or Bills) Either that or Ill hit you with the (-_-) face
    • One of the founding members of TheSimStandard
    • Played Football, Baseball, Basketball & ran track in my younger years. Hated track; tried out JUST to be in the Yearbook and ended up being one of the top in the state in 800m in Jr. High....still hated it and did not continue...lol
    • Have 2 cousins that played in the NFL, one was a Cowboy...the other is a current Green Bay Packer
    • Found TSO through Keller and havent looked back; great place for Sim gamers
    • Excited about Madden 13 for the most part; still a little frustrated by a few things I hope to see fixed in 14.
    • Work in the Education field but NOT a Teacher and my job has its own "Dev cycle".
    • AzureEffect has a story tied into it that if explained may seem minute to some but makes perfect sense to me
    • Numbers in sports: #23 Basketball, #55 in Football, #5 Baseball & #8 in life; #1 in womens hearts ha!
    Pumped for CCM; not only this year but into the future as well as the emergence of Physics in Madden...something that we at TheSimStandard harped on for a long time and its finally coming to fruition. Glad that Keller recruited me to be a part of this site and proud to be in the TMFL for Madden 13...its going to be a damn good time; I cant wait!

10. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

• Basic's - I teach at a high school. Looks like ESE Math this year :) which is a move from In school suspension. I played college football at Webber International a NAIA school. I played FB and Bashed what little brains I had in. Career stat line reads 1 carry 2 yards. 3 concussions. 2 major knee surgeries.
    • I now coach running backs and I am the strength and conditioning coach.
    • I love to learn new things about football and weight training. I talk to Coach Tommy Moffit at LSU about once every 3 months on different training cycles.
    • 22 about to turn 23. Yes im young. Knee injury ended my football career.
    • I live with my Fiance I have a staffordshire pit bull named Beast he is a frequent vistor during my games. If we are on the mic its not uncommon to hear Beast go away.
    • Found this place Via Hot Nikkels from Soden Bowl (which is about as useless as tits on a bull) Since then I joined BCS Blow up . Had a brief stint in the OC. Currently going to be in LV, The Experience and of course TMFL.
    • I love the Dolphins. I have forever. I wish we could figure this QB thing out but it appears we might have if Tannehill develops.
    • I LOVE LSU. Dont ask why its a long story that begins with Nick Saban and ends with Saban leaving :( However I like Miles and thinks he does a good job.

11. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

• I will turn 30 this October
    • Been married for nearly 5 years (dated off an on since high school) and my wife and I our expecting our first child at the end of Dec/early Jan
    • I went to school at Texas A&M for 3 years and transferred and finished up at UTSA for 2 years with a degree in Electrical Engineering
    • I live and work in the Houston area, I am an instrumentation & controls engineer for an engineering and constructing contractor
    • I grew up in San Antonio, but moved to Houston 5 years ago after graduating and getting a job offer
    • I am the content manager/editor for TSO and I also run the GMFL and participate in the Deuce
    • I played football (o-line) in high school and briefly walked on to the Texas A&M team for a summer. I also wrestled in high school and was an All-State wrestler my senior year
    • My other passions besides sports are gaming/game collecting and my garage toys
    • For those who haven't seen (I know I have posted it a few times) my gaming collection
    • I am also cohost of the retro gaming podcast for Racketboy.com and I really enjoy it
    • I am not ashamed to admit I am a big nerd/geek and play niche japanese rpgs, strategy games, Magic card game, board games etc etc...
    • I do have a 68 mustang that was my first car. I drove it my senior year of high school and during college. It is now in the slow process of restoration, but baby will slow that down. My current vehicle is a '10 Roush 540RH mustang and it is a blast to drive. I also have an 04 Honda VTX 1300S cruiser I take out from time to time

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  12. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

• 22 years old, going to Ferris State for Bachelors in Computer Networking should be done next summer
    • Currently work at Meijer in the produce section
    • Dieheart Detroit Lions fan. Have not missed a SINGLE regular season game since I was 5 years old. I don't work on Sundays during NFL season so I can go home and watch the Lions with my dad every sunday.
    • Detroit Tigers, Pistons fan
    • No Pets, GF with a daughter so I been gettin my stepdad on. Hope to have one of my own in the next 2 years.
    • Live in Grand Rapids, MI. Love to workout, play sports, play sports games and POKEMON.
    • Huge Jay-Z fan, been to 7 concerts, own every album.

13. Dru50

I tried MMO's when they first came out but got tired of the constant abuse of glitches by the 14 year olds with endless time available to play. I pretty much stick to console games now and the RPG's that come out for those.

14. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

• My name is Justin but I go by JB
    • I just turned 25 earlier this month
    • Born and raised in the greatest state America has seen, Texas. Sometimes I feel like USA should be renamed The United States of Texas.
    • I'm big into sports and have been all of my life. I cheer for the Cowboys, Aggies, Spurs, Braves and Stars.
    • I have a gf and we just bought a starter house and look to live in between 5-10 years before building our dream home.
    • I only have one tattoo on my left arm that commemorates my father who passed away in 2003. I do plan to get at least one more and it will probably do something with Texas. lol
    • Alumni of Texas A&M University Class of 2009! I majored in Kinesiology Education with the supportive field in Biology but stayed in the hospitality industry.
    • Outside of gaming and sports I like to go to museums and zoos.

15. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

• 25 years old
    • Quit my job this past monday. I'm moving from Indiana to Virginia so that I can be closer to my son.
    • Went to Purdue University for a year and developed a passion for Purdue sports. I also like the Miami Dolphins more than someone should.
    • Was in the Army for 3 years. Served in Afghanistan for 11 months from February 08 - December 08.
    • Certified professor at douche academy.
    • I play way too much Poker.
    • With quitting my job and waiting to move to VA I'll be on here quite a bit more than usual these next couple weeks.
    My son is also the next Josh Freeman:
    easterwithethanme.jpg

16. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I was addicted to WoW for a good while. I have always PC and console gamed equally, but my consoles have turned more and more into my sports game machines and I play most everything else (except for some console exclusives) on PC nowadays.

17. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

My GF loves LOTRO and always tries to get me to play but I can't get into it like she does.

18. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

I bet last football season was awesome with Stafford and Megatron scoring 7 TD's/game.

19. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

• 24 year old student seeking teaching certification from Rockford College in Rockford, IL
    • Currently work as a math tutor at a school located within a drug/alcohol addiction treatment program. It's by far the best job I have ever had, and I am sad to be leaving that position in December. I will begin student teaching in January, and then will be certified in May. My goal is to teach 9th and 10th grade math.
    • hoping to get a teaching job near my girlfriend in Champaign, IL. She's making enough money to support the both of us, so there is no reason for me to uproot her to come up to one of the worst economies in the country.
    • City life is not for me. I miss my home where we had nobody living within a quarter-mile and could do pretty much whatever we want.
    • I'm an avid golfer. I was on Rockford College's golf team, but it was basically a frat. A few weeks prior to joining the team, however, I severely strained a muscle in my lower back. My game has not been the same since. Occasionally I post my cards in the Cheap Seats section.
    • My dad knew the error of his ways in cheering for the Bears, so he allowed me to be a Green Bay fan. We can only hope Dru50 sees the error in his ways too and allows his kids to do the same :). My dad and I do have common ground elsewhere though, as we are both huge Illini fans and Blackhawks fans.

20. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Yeah, I thought about trying it back in the day. I hear it is a lot like WoW but in Middle Earth. I am a big LOTR fan so thats not necessarily a bad thing. But I finally became burnt out on WoW mechanics. I am looking forward to Guild Wars 2.

What helped with WoW, was that a ton of my friends played and my wife played it. She never played many pc games before it, but became very addicted it. While we were dating in college, she would bring her computer over and our night would be going out to eat and playing WoW til about 2 in the morning lol.

21. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Yea she is a big fan as well. We almost bought a house in Rivendale which is a sub division with all the shire names and such. She plays her LOTRO while I play my Madden/NCAA games. Raid night is always Thursday haha

22. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

• Real name is Steve...25 years old, originally from NY but spent much of my childhood in the suburbs of Philadelphia. Nobody calls me "Steve". It's Esteban, because I, for whatever reason, have a dark skin complexion when the rest of my family is pale. My mom very well could have had an affair with a Mexican.
    • JFace907 likes to call me Steve-Easy. That goof.
    • Played 3 years of college soccer and 1 year of college baseball, but am as injury prone as Bob Sanders. Got some nasty stories regarding them if anyone cares to know.:)
    • On my deathbed, my final wish is to have my ex-girlfriend rush to my side so I can use my dying breath to tell her to go to hell one last time. Having said that, I'll probably be back together with her by the time Madden comes out...
    • I play mostly sports games, but dabble in shooters (BF3) and RPGs (mostly the Bethesda/Bio-Ware games)
    • Big NY sports fan, with the lone Philly team I root for being the Philadelphia Flyers. My dad's cousiin played for them in the 80s, so it rubbed off on me. Collegiately I root for ND (just football) and UNC in everything else. Looking to go to UNC to get my MBA at some point down the road. Spent two summers in Chapel Hill and fell in love with the school
    • I love to run and fish.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
  23. Dru50

I keep telling you that the colors of the Packers have something in common with what I find in my baby's diaper every day....you can figure out the rest.

24. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Your baby craps greatness? That's what the both the colors and the trophies in the trophy case represent

• Like Like x 1
  25. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Thought you were talking about the Browns for a second...