Topic 4: Trade Committee

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Shaun Mason, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Although I will be the person deciding our final trade rules, I will need people to help me judge trades.

I expect these people to be tough and consistent. There will be NO complaining about disapproved trades, there will be NO spamming 100 trades until we simply get tired of dealing with them. I wholly reserve the right to take away your right to trade for periods of time for abuse.:)

Anyway, I am looking for TC members.

I want 5, we have 2:
    Shaun Mason
    Dru50

You need to sell yourself, I am looking for a specific type of person.

2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I think adding the assistant commissioners to this makes it easier - so Fuzzy and whoever gets the AFC nod.

That leaves just one other person, so my vote goes to Peench.

3. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Well I assumed the TC was apart of the cocommish duties, so I was already willing to do this.

Selling myself... I am familiar with NFL and player movement as I follow it closely. I also have a good handle on player value and realistic trades. Been on the TMFL TC in the past and obviously do it for GMFL as well.

4. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

I'd like to throw my into the hat and be considered again for 13. I felt like I declined more trades than anyone in the TC, but was very consistent with my valuations of players/picks. Next year, I feel like placing a consistent value on trade pieces will be even more critical. I made myself readily available during the peak of "trade season", and responded promptly to most trades.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I want hard asses, can you be a hard ass?

6. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Do you remember when we are on the TC before together? I declined more trades than any of the other 4 of you pansy asses did

7. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I'm going to be a maniac this time.

8. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

that makes me think of Tommy Boy.

Im a maaaaaaniac...

9. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

By hard ass do you want someone who will stick to there guns no matter if it is the opposite of what the group wants? I think it may be worth while to have someone a little more liberal (not accepting all trades but may be more willing to allow trades then some seem to be) on the TC that will be strong opinionated and not get butt hurt when the committee goes 4-1 against them.

If you want someone like that, then I am your guy and willing to step up. I have tough skin, I don't get butt hurt when people disagree, but bring fair strong, arguments for why I think something should or shouldn't be.

10. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I think he means hard asses on the trades proposed. I dont think anyone really cares if they vote a trade different unless it was the guys who proposed the trade haha. We used to get a lot of grief for turning down a trade from some guys

• Like Like x 1
  11. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I don't want people making crazy assed trades, that's my whole reasoning here.

12. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Would it make sense to have people other than the assistant commissioners on the TC, in order to spread out the workload?

In any case, I nominate Bondzai for the trade committee...he loves talking about trades....just kidding bond.

I'd throw support to I Peench, everyone to respect his opinions and he seems like a fair/balanced guy in general.

13. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

You bastard! I hate trades, especially when BBJ tries to submit an 8 player trade. I just respond instantly with HELL NO.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Honestly, I thought the TC aspect of being a co-commish was the workload lol. There isnt as much to do as a co-commish unless shaun is out of town. You basically just advance the file or answer questions. TC gets bombarded, especially in offseason

15. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I was just throwing it out their for consideration, I'm cool with whatever direction we go.

16. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Yeah, I am just saying, if you lump them together the TC work would be about 90% and 10% the rest of cocommish. Now that there is no more XFN, the work load should be even less. Syncing that and fiddling with the contracts and such on there was some work at times, but the rest is just conflict resolution and clicking the advance week button haha

17. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Though, sometimes the TC is a curse lol, it can be annoying haha

18. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Keep selling me.:)

19. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

I agree with all of this. I Peench would get my vote for the last spot

20. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

We definitely need guys who can be hard asses on trades. I also like keeping them as realistic and as minimal as possible for a sense of realism.

Who here can be a douche besides Shaun?

21. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

I nominate myself. I love being a douche. I was on the committee for one season last year.

22. I Peench

I definitely declined the most trades, outside of maybe Shaun.

23. PAgamer07

Yeah and you're on a lot so that's a big plus. You also have to have someone that is around all the time for the most part so you can get them taken care of. I say no more than 3 members. More than that and it just muddies the waters and involves way too many PM replies.

24. I Peench

Yeah, I agree. We have plenty of good options for the TC, just thought I'd make a small case for myself.

25. PAgamer07

Although Mr. Mason wants 5... so nevermind. Should have read his entire post :)