Total honesty from the board please

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Aug 11, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Total honesty from the board please

I don't want to get into what or why this post is up, but I am asking for total honesty from the guys on this board. This isn't a 'pat me on the back' session, I really want to know.

What do you guys really think of me here in the OMFL. The type of person that you think I am and the type of commish that you think I am.

I want to know what you think. You won't get to me, trust me you have my word, and you won't upset me. I just have to know. Please, if you have ever considered me a friend or liked me at all, please, be totally honest. I need to know what you guys think.

2. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I have known you online for at least ten years Nate, maybe longer.... most likely longer then anyone here and have played Madden online with you for years also... you have always treated me well. I like you :p...

I do think at times you have a quick temper and can come off harsh...even if you dont mean to. This isnt even really from personal experience just feedback from others and some things I have seen and or read.

If you do what you do for long enough online the same issues are bound to get under your skin at times and I dont blame you for it.

I think you do a very nice job, I also like the fact that your leaning on us more to help because we can lighten the load and allow you to enjoy the game and league more.

Now just some advice if you dont mind! :D

Let ideas come and go, if you dont like them or disagree let us (OMFL) know and we all move on, dont let it eat you up or make you want to leave or even piss you off....it just isnt worth it brother.

3. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

You and I had a talk a couple of days ago. Bruce pretty much posted what I told you.

I have TONS of respect for you Nate. Without you the OMFL would not be and I am truly thankful it is here. Just as Bruce said, let these ideas come and go. If they build up force we can take them into the board room and discuss. If we approve and you are totally against use your executive veto power and we move on.

You sometimes have a harsh tone with your posts and I can see where some owners would take offense. I have gotten to know you well enough to know it wasnt meant the way it sounded but new owners might take offense. That is exactly what happened with Scikotic.

The OMFL is a better league with you leading, I have zero doubt about that. I am here to help you anyway I can, so dont hesitate to ask.

Keep on keeping on.

4. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Well, I hate to brag, but I know for a fact that I have known Nate longer than anyone here. :)

And Nate, you and I had this talk on AIM, but I'll restate it here just so that way all can see: You are a great leader for this league. You're the perfect guy to lead the charge, so to speak. However, you HAVE to let these guys you've trusted with board member titles fight some of your battles. As commish, you should only get involved when it's a divisive issue and a decision is needed immediately. Anything involving rules discussions and the like, let these great guys you've got deal with it.

A great leader has to know when to step in, and when to NOT step in. My opinion: you take things too personal and try to step in when you should let your advisors take control for a bit. If they can't handle it, then fine, step in.

You've given me that advice many times about being too hard on myself and taking things too personal. Not that I listened....as is evidenced by me leaving the OMFL earlier in the year. But I think now it's time to practice what you preach.

Nothing but love for you, man. You know how I feel.

5. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

I think you are the commish that rules with an iron fist j/k. But really man I think you have been a great commish, I really feel like you are as open to debate as anyone else. Like I said before its hard talking about issues through posts because you cant really hear people's tones so I think often things are taken personally when they arent. Every discussion I have had with you I feel has been productive and made me a better player/owner/board mamber. I got your back bro

6. natedawg212000

I will post my convo with Sci tonight when I receive it from him. I have also talked with some other key board members and it is being said that a mass exodus is about to take place. I will start working on a state of the union address.

7. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I agree that sometimes you can seem to have a harsh tone with owners in threads. I can see how some new owners may let it rub them the wrong way, but I think the owners that know you well, know that you do not mean it the way it seems. I also understand though that you have to be that way running the league. I think that you are pretty much the heart of this league. With all that said, the one complaint that I do have is that sometimes you seem too willing to walk away from the league when unhappy. I think that if we lost you, the league would be in trouble. I hate reading on here that you think you may be done. I am not saying that you do it all the time, but to me it has been too often. When things get to you and you feel like you want to walk way, I would rather us all talk it out as a team. Other than that Nate, I love the job you do. I could not do it. Keep it up buddy!

8. Jeremy

Very well put Web.

This needs to be put behind us NOW. We must let our owners know that the OMFL is strong and we are moving forward with Nate at the helm. They must be made aware of this ASAP.

9. natedawg212000

Sci did not have the history so I can not post it. I have talked to about 5-8 owners and even though a few had some small things that jeremy and I have already talked about, none know about a mass exodus and none plan on leaving. Funny part is without even hinting to his name, they all knew who was doing it. :/

10. Jeremy

Same here nate. I have talked to multiple owners and none are even thinking about leaving in the least.

As soon as I see Sci on AIM I will talk with him and put all this to rest and behind us.

11. natedawg212000

Be very careful, may cause more issues than it fixes. I say just let it go, maybe.

12. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I hadnt heard anything about anyone leaving, the game is fun, the league is great...why would you leave?

I have never seen owners leave because of one guys issues.