Toughest Road and Strength of Schedule

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Jul 27, 2011.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

So I suck. And because of this, I needed to come up with something that made me feel better. I needed a way to manipulate the numbers enough to make sure that a) Weave is a cheater and b) I'm amazing despite my terrible performance and record. I thought, hey, aside from Weave, we all suck and could probably use this sort of thing!

At the same time, Bonner and I were chatting and both trying to, in our suckiness, prop our own teams up by arguing over who had the worst team and hardest schedule. It was fun.

Well we got off the phone and I immediately spent entirely too much time putting this little gem together. And now I feel better. I mean, I am still absolutely terrible, and Bonner technically won the argument (I know, I was shocked too), but hey, at least I'm not Bowling Green or ULL according to this chart. Then I might just end it all.

Anyways, what I did was I wrote down every single teams schedule and then went to each teams overall ranking (which it team has a specific OVR number). I filled out the schedule and took the average overall ranking to get the plain S.O.S. Then I took each of our teams OVR rankings to see who literally was terrible and how different the teams were. Finally, for the final "Toughest Road" analysis, I simply took the difference to come up with who had the biggest discrepancy between the team they field and the schedule they have to play. And voila! I feel better. Not much better. But better.

And I had a blast doing it. Enjoy!

Notes:
    -Akron is horrid. Absolutely horrid.
    -Surprisingly, San Jose State (not W KY...isnt even close really) is the 2nd and most impressively horrid team; and give me my token second to say that UNLV and Rice are not far behind in their "horridness"
    -There IS a bit of solace in some of these numbers. Like our records on some level line up with the "Toughest Road" analysis when you look at it
    -I freakin love that we have one guy just dominating, a bunch of guys struggling with hope, and a couple that plain suck, lol. This league is way too much fun
    -Weave has a decent team.. But even factoring numbers in it is crazy to me that Weave is 7-1. He has figured something out. Historically (and we have a lot of history), I'd def give Weave the age in user-user talent, but maybe him 55 to my 45 or him 60 to my 40. But this? No way I go 7-1 with his team. And seriously. I mean, seriously. Has anyone literally seen how many yards rushing he has given up? Like literally 190yds... ON THE ENTIRE YEAR!!! That is stupid good.

• Like Like x 3
  2. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

Ha victory is mine!

• Like Like x 1
  3. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

This is brilliant. I honestly have ZERO explanation for my team. I admit that I'm not this good. For some reason my defense completely blankets other teams. It's actually quite ridiculous.

• Like Like x 1
  4. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Wow!....this tells me what I already had figured out....you don't have enough to do at work!.....Nice work, although having some kind of color would have been nice!

Being brutually honest here.......If my game skills were better then this would have more relevance, but reality is I struggle to average on my best day..so any type of rankings, ratings etc....have less substance for me as compared to anyone else in the league...will just continue to work on my skills, do my best!

5. Goose

Goose Walk On

That's exactly what we usually tell the guys that suck. ;) I love ya gramps.

• Like Like x 1
  6. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Well done Commish.

7. TJM

TJM Walk On

Nice. Weave is the real deal! Feel good for losing to him in 3 quarters of play.

8. TJM

TJM Walk On

Some of us have tough end of the year schedules. Looks like we'll be clawing for Ws. lets advance and get this slide going! Sim Plague as he Simmed make-up sex with his blow up doll last night to miss the game!

• Like Like x 2
  9. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

I knew I saw you up in our tree in the backyard! Ya peepn tom

10. vatechhokie01

lol, awesome

11. vatechhokie01

and plague, you really are missing out on some golden potential for the swami. way to suck at that. like no longer has it become a prediction over who wins but rather a prediction over just how bad we will get taken to the woodshed by our opponents!

12. Goose

Goose Walk On

I've got three hard games and an easy win against Kent, lol I mean Buffaloe. If I can sneak a win against Miami U, Kent or WMU I might get a shot at a bowl in week one. Some one should do some bowl senarios for all of us, or something like that.

13. vatechhokie01

think bowl projections come out week 11 or 12

14. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

Bowl Projections come out Week 13 VaTech.

15. vatechhokie01

well there ya go

16. Goose

Goose Walk On

How does that stop someone from doing there own. Just for our league. Figure out which bowls are tied to our conferences and figure out which teams have chances at which spots. I don't care about who we'd play just which bowls we have a shot at. I think this could be rad.

17. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Ya I've been sucking on that bigtime. Next year I think I will write out the whole schedule in the beginning of the year so we all know when the user vs user games are.

• Like Like x 1
  18. vatechhokie01

it could be rad. but as the plaque in our locker room says, radness takes time. someone do it!

19. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

I say we just assign it to someone.....its easier that way.

and btw still looking at week 5 player spotlight krbonn76 and we are in week 10

20. vatechhokie01

well then assign it to someone that doesnt suck

21. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

when I said we....i meant you

22. vatechhokie01

you are the special content manager. so stop sucking at that and pick someone that doesn suck to make this bowl thing non-sucky

23. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

well the possible canidates have already proven that sucky-ness is right up their alleys. Can you imagine the colors

Bulldog, Gramps, Sceptic....one of you do this now....please

24. vatechhokie01

bulldog, lol... good one.

25. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

yeah I laughed when I typed that