Tournament

Discussion in '12th Man Football' started by javy0472, Nov 28, 2012.

1. javy0472

javy0472 Walk On

Just a thought i had.....................................could admins talk to other leagues or better yet TSO about having a tournament of all leagues ?. I think it would be fun and bragging rights. who knows maybe we can get other players coming to this league............and please i'm not saying we have bad players here....just saying if someone leaves we have good alternates coming in. any comment is welcomed

2. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Different leagues, different concept of what Sim Football is. If anything, I'm guess some leagues may come off looking either "holier than thou" or "not as sim."

It's an idea, but I don't know how much it will work.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Or maybe a tournament between each leagues Superbowl winner bracket style. And see who comes out on top.

4. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

TJ hit the nail right on the head. It's an idea that has been tossed around, but it won't fly unless rules/concepts are agreed upon.

TSO hosts a Madden release tournament for each platform and things get hairy in those tournaments due to conflicting beliefs. I participated this year and I was disappointed in the play style and lack of sportsmanship I saw from my opponent.

Another issue is finding a person who has the time to manage the tournament. TSO would require that the tournament be managed by one of the PS3 users; not by their staff. I, personally, do not have the time for it. I doubt that many other commissioners on the site do, but perhaps leadership from a different league would welcome the challenge.

My personal concern is that tournaments take away from the priority of completing league games first. Also, tournament opponents can influence bad habits on good owners. I'm not saying those would occur here at TSO, but more often than not, my experience with inter-league tournaments has led to those types of issues.

If you want a tournament setting, I think you would be better off running one within the league itself if guys are interested. Besides, we don't need bragging rights, we already know our guys are good. ;)

• Like Like x 3
  5. javy0472

javy0472 Walk On

great idea doug........we can do one with our league like a euro style concept. we can have a program select the teams for each player then do a 32 team tourney evrery 2 years....just a thought

6. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Would be an excellent idea for the dual offseason that lasts two week.

• Like Like x 1
  7. javy0472

javy0472 Walk On

a tourney champ every 2 years and season playing champ

8. CHUNKNESS

That's fine if you want to head that up. Not sure that all 32 will compete, but I'd be open to it whoever wants to participate from the league.

We will plow through the next off-season periods. My estimation is it will be approx one week to complete both off-season periods.

9. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

IMO, I'd say about 16 teams will compete.

10. CHUNKNESS

My guess is closer to 12... a lot of guys decide not to because they don't want it to conflict with league games and/or they don't want to play a potential opponent on their league schedule.

• Like Like x 2
  11. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

I agree with Doug, I wouldn't wanna play a potential opponet and I use the offseason as my time away from Madden for that couple days

• Like Like x 2