Tourney Results

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by RynoAid, Jul 15, 2009.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Tourney Results

[​IMG]

2. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

#5 Miami (Mazzman) beats #4 Va Tech 32-22 (Hokie Effect)

Rain in Blacksburg causes turn overs....not much offense in the first half, mostly field goals through out. Miami takes advantage of the Hokies 7 to's and given great field advantage. Tyrod did have a good day throwing 328 yds, but also had 4 completions to the other team.

3. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

Pryor (TCU) defeats Razcalking (Wisonsin). 4 lost fumbles by the Badgers killed any chance they had in this one.

4. RaveDown

RaveDown Get Worked

RaveDown (Texas A&M) vs Ramirez (Boise State) 13

Posted it twice since I take it this the official one lol

5. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

Cal 10
    Oregon St 13

Cal goes for the win on 3rd down from the Oregon St 6 yd line with a PA pass. The Cal QB overthrows the underneath receiver, the QB was slightly nudged on the throw, but he makes the mistake and Oregon St seals the win with a pick in the endzone.

GG Fosh

Key Stat of the Game

Turnovers

Oregon State 1
    Cal 5 1 Fumble and 4 Ints

6. jfosh

jfosh Super

more here http://www.traditionfootball.com/forums/showthread.php?p=30938#post30938

7. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Nebraska (DatNDaz) def. Alabama (MatrixMonkey) 34-10

Only a FG in the first quarter, Nebraska put up a TD early in the 2nd and again with :14 before halftime. Nebraska pick 6 as first half expires for 24-3 lead. Went on for the 34-10 win in Lincoln. Helu had 27 carries for 125 and 2 TD's.

GG Matrix. I got lucky on a couple ints your guys dropped early on. That pick 6 before half was a killer.

8. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

Oklahoma def. ASU

8th seed OU was able to come in to ASU and pull off the upset.... kind of. OU just simply was too strong to stop. ASU was unable to get the ball in the endzone on a few early posessions and instead had to settle for three FG's in a row.

Final Score:
    DigginGraves - OU 41
    BringBackJimmy - ASU 31

9. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Cincinatti (MurkYa21) vs Maryland (lilmaggie)

Cincinatti (MurkYa21) 24 vs Maryland (lilmaggie) 0

- Most of the first half was streamed on justin.tv, but with 4 minutes left in the quarter my connection dropped. I was winning 7-0, and it was my ball in his territory.

We later agreed to just play one half with 8 minutes quarters, while assuming I was up 7.

It was a good game, my defense is basically what won it for me, along with some big runs. Even though it was 24 - 0, the way '10 is set up, it feels like you can make a run at a comeback with any big play so I had to make sure not to sleep on him.

good game lilmaggie..

sorry for everyone who missed it when my connection dropped.

10. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

guys make sure you put your names in your results not just teams!

11. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Notre Dame (HotRod) 42 - Penn St. (Juggernautblitz) 28

Hard fought game that was turnover ridden. Irish with the interceptions and Nittany Lions with the fumbles. I was down 2 TDs at one point but some crucial fumbles by Penn St. got me back in the game. After that I seized all the momentum and took the game.

GG Juggernaut

12. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

BOOO...you should have ran over him with Royster and Green!!

13. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

GeauxTigers and the Oklahoma State Cowboys took down Hellisan and the Michigan Wolverines by a final score of 31-17. Everything was working for Michigan early, when they took a 10-0 lead. There were gaping holes everywhere in the Oklahoma State defense. Michigan was looking to make it 17-0, 3rd and goal from the 3, when Oklahoma State blitzed both corners and the Michigan QB fudged the read. 97 yards later it was suddenly 10-7 and Oklahoma State never looked back. Great playcalling and patience early on won the day for the Cowboys.

14. jfosh

jfosh Super

Sounded like a good game.

15. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

NOOOO!! damn was looking forward to battling!!(n)

16. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Good game HotRod, as his ND strippers beats my Penn State coughers 42 - 28.
    I don't know if it would technically be being a poor sport to explain how the game went but don't want to come close so I won't inject much opinion. I think I played better, throwing 0 interceptions to Rod's 3, probably stopping his O more than he stopped mine, but the constant stripping of the ball and my guys total inability to hold onto it caused 5 fumbles (5 lost) at last count (on a bright sunny day) to his teams 0 and that made all the difference.
    I was comfortable in the game, up by 14 at one point in the 1st half and had 2 or 3 game putting away drives, up by a TD already, going in the late 3rd or early 4th quarter but the CPU decided ND was not going to lose no matter what and kept fumbling the ball. I think I fumbled on 3 or 4 straight possessions in the mid 3rd to early 4th quarter (on a bright sunny day) and that is where the game changed. After #4 or 5 I was simply a broken man and was too pissed to play good.
    I don't feel like I got beat but I am out of the tournament none the less and Rod advances. Congrats.
    Thanks Ryno for putting this together and letting me play in it.

17. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Tradition one is getting manhandled in this tourney...

18. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Yeah for most of the game you were outplaying me. You ran the fleXbox One well albeit some of them pitches mid tackle were something I can't do anything about. Maybe it's a game problem but I had to try to do something to get back in the game, I had to try to force turnovers. Anytime your guys were in the open field I was trying to strip the ball. And the one fumble on the pitch was your fault, that was just an ill-advised pitch. And the last one, he just fumbled that himself cause I defintely didn't try to strip that one myself. I manually forced 3 of those fumbles. I can def understand how u feel though. If that happened to me I'd be pretty salty, but in the end crazy shit happens in these games. I'm just happy to come out with the win, however ugly it may have been.

19. Juggernautblitz

Thanks Rod. That is probably the most disheartening game of video game football I have ever played. A person should not lose a game when the INT's are 3 - 0 in their favor and their run O is nearly unstoppable.
    You did get momentum due to the fumbles there toward the end but I also stopped wanting to play when you got your 3rd fumble in a row when we were tied at 28. The first one was annoying, the second was my fault so disappointing, #3 was surprising since not often are there 3 in a game, #4 was a kick in the balls and #5 was the CPU laughing at me as I lay writhing on the ground.
    Oh well, it is what it is. Hopefully those are my last fumbles in 2010. Good luck the rest of the way.

20. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Lol yeah it was crazy shit. I have to say your run game was pissing me off something major, I was trying everything. Made me look like a fool out there on defense.

21. Juggernautblitz

Yeah, that last one, when the game was tied 28 - 28 and my WR simply dropped the ball while falling to the ground after barely being hit, and after Evan Royster fumbled on back to back possessions, was too much for me to take. Its a shame IMO because it marred a pretty fun game. That was my first game for 2010 and yes some of those pitches happen a little late but it did bite me in the ass on that one fumble.
    Anyway, back to practice I guess. Good game again.

22. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Yeah thanks for the battle, hopefully I don't dig myself in a hole like that again. We'll have to get another game in sometime hopefully without the shenanigans, lol.

23. Flo308

Flo308 "Ocean Front Property"

"Sorry Flo, I had a busy day.

Now, to top it off, I can't get my router to work with my Xbox and I don't have enough Cat5 to get downstairs to the Xbox.

Looks like you are going to have to take the win...crap.=(

Oh well, I can actually go to bed with my wife for a change, LOL. Take that how you want."
    Quote from the scheduling thread.

USC (Flo308) wins by forfeit over Georgia Tech (Shaun L Mason)

24. Juggernautblitz

Yeah, I would enjoy a rematch. Maybe if it was played in the snow or driving rain there wouldn't be that many fumbles.

Hey JMS, you try playing against a quality player and having to overcome 5 lost fumbles. Trust me, Royster, Green and Clark were running wild but it just didn't matter in the end.

Good night and thanks again for the tourney.

25. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Big Suge Knight and I tried to get our game in. It gave us the familiar not able to connect error. I think it might be on my end so I told Suge to go ahead and take the win advance to the next round.

The good news is I'm getting new internet service on Monday.