Tourney Update

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Hey guys,

Most of the first round has been played, and all of the Sim-Nation guys are still alive. Click the Block O for a bracket update.

[​IMG]

The problem is, all the Sim-Nation guys are scheduled to knock each other off in the early rounds, since I play ChildPlease (who will likely stomp my guts out for throwing out the results from his cheesefest the other day) and Guru plays CA in the bracket just below us. So, in two games, only one of the four of us will remain, no matter what. However, whoever makes it should be in good position, since running that gauntlet ain't going to be easy.

Stop by the update thread in the Locker Room and cheer on the guys. And don't forget about Iowa down at the bottom of the bracket. There's still a chance for a Sim-Nation final.

2. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

xGRIDIRONxGURUx GO DUCKS. WIN THE DAY.

Oregon > Oklahoma... :thumbsup:

"E"

3. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

You wish, E!

4. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

Archie...I'm free tomorrow from noon to fourish and should be able to play the 26th as well.

Also, I'd like to know what made it a "cheesefest." I varied formations, plays, routes, and receivers targeted. I had exactly 50/50 run/pass balance by the end of it. I put in my second teamers at the end of the second quarter, and threw three or four passes the entire second half...chew clock was on...I can't help that Duke's defense is pathetic. They still put up 30+ on me. It's not like I won by 70.

5. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Answer the following:
    1. What was the final score?
    2. How many second half points did you score?
    3. What was your leading passer, rusher, and receiver's numbers?
    4. How many defensive/special teams touchdowns did you score?
    I think if you answer those we can all help you understand why Arch may have termed your game as a cheesefest.

Don't worry I have had a few cheddar and beef games myself. I just would like to hear your side clearly and then help you understand what is a no-no and why here.

6. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

1. 76-32; 52-13 at half.
    2. 24 second half points.
    3. Trickett (#1 QB): 16/28 passing, 340 yards. All in the first half.
    Williams (#2 HB): 19 rushes, 119 yards
    Dent (#3 WR): 6 catches, 134 yards
    4. 0 scores on special teams and defense. 3 scores set up on fumbles.

Frankly, I just don't know what I should have done, outside of taking knees every time I got the ball and potentially letting them back in the game, to avoid this.

7. bdub

bdub Walk On

You should have run the ball not pass....like a team would in real life if they were up 52-13 at halftime.

8. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

I threw three, maybe four passes in the second half. I can't tell for sure, as my backup quarterback played a little in the first half. Chew clock was on as well.

9. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Yeah I gotta agree with Bdub, I got roasted for throwing a td pass in the fourth quarter of a game with a garbage opponent and with the backups in. It is just not tasteful here at TF and you gotta learn that. Next time go to 3 yards and a cloud of dust. End the game and move on.
    Use this as a moment to learn.

Also as a penalty for this violation you must rescind the scholarship of that 5* dt you stole from me.

10. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Also how did you manage to average 20 yards per completion? I need to take some lessons cause I suck at passing.

11. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

But I didn't throw a TD pass in the fourth quarter. I threw one in the third on a PA third and long play.

As for the completion average, I had quite a few long pass plays early on. A post against cover two, a streak in the whole against cover two, a deep square in against cover two, a seam against cover three, and a streak against man. They were pretty terrible against the pass and completely outmatched.

I completely laid off of them in the air the entire second half. Unfortunately, they couldn't do much against the run, either.

12. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Dude,

You did something. Arch is pretty good at being a comish. He looks over all stats and scores, and can spot irregularities from a mile away. I trust his judgment because of all he has taught me about playing here. Listen to what he says, ask him questions and grow from this.

13. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

I'm just looking for clarification on what I should do next time I'm in this situation, I guess. Am I supposed to run out of bounds instead of scoring touchdowns? I played one half of football, and I went three yards and a cloud of dust the whole second half, trying to end the game.

14. bdub

bdub Walk On

Both me and TD only beat Duke by 3 and FSU beat Duke by 21...I played all 3 of you and your not that much better than them, so I got to believe that you were probably coming out with 5 receivers on every play and throwing deep. Like you tried to do to me after I pissed you off.

15. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

That's apples and oranges. Sliders apply to when we play the CPU. Sliders do not apply to when we play each other. I ran the ball 45 times and beat Duke 24-0 in the replay of this game.

I'm not looking to start anything, bdub. We've done enough of that. I'm looking for insight as to what I should to when I am up big from playing a clean passing attack for one half, when running the ball is not enough to avoid scoring.

16. controllerabuser

17. controllerabuser

You sure like your fullback!

18. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

You're right! So much so that I start him at tailback. haha

19. controllerabuser

Wow, no good tailbacks?

20. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

A lot of inexperienced guys that might turn into decent players...One of them's going to be a good player, he got 20 carries in that last game too.

But my fullback has 89 speed, 94 agility, 91 acceleration, 98 spin move, 96 awareness...he's a stud, and I had to get him the ball somehow.

21. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

I lead the league in scoring last year at 41 per game. I never put more then 60 on a team and never 52 in a half. That is crazy. Should of had the second string playing second quarter on. No reason to hang more then 60 on a team. We aren't Wisconsin here.