Townie's TBL "Tips and Tricks"

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Townie33, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Townie33

Townie33 Walk On

I hope everyone is enjoying this game as much as I am. Hell, I was still enjoying last year's version! But this year's version has definitely brought a new challenge to all of us. So as my average inches above .175 I thought I would share a couple of "tips" with you that might help. I'm sure many of you are already all over these. But what the heck, they have helped me.

Session I:
    1) Get to the CAGE. I know there are so many game modes to chose from: RTTS, Season, Franchise, Online. But if you want to be able to consistently rip a SEED into the gap you must practice! The batting practice mode has many options this year. Use them!!!! And if you are like me, climb into the cage and rip while listening to your favorite tunes. They sound great on the stereo.

2) Find your best VIEW. I can't tell you how many times I messed around with the camera view while hitting before I settled on something which felt comfortable to ME. There are so many, many options! It is definitely to your (the hitter's) benefit to find a good hitting view for you. Again, this is easily done from batting practice mode. A lot will depend upon if you chase (or like) the low ball or the high ball. Play around. And don't forget to go in and change this in your online settings.

3) CIRCLE your pitcher! I never let my pitcher swing with anythng but the contact (CIRCLE) button. I know there are a couple hurlers out there which can rip, but for the most part these guys are pathetic at the plate. Give your pitcher the best chance and CIRCLE THE WAGONS for him. Use your contact button!

More later (maybe?)

2. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

Good Stuff

Which batting camera are you guys using. I have been using the default camera, I'm gonna give the others a look tonight.

3. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Yeah have been using the batting practice feature a lot. I think its beneficial.

4. Townie33

Townie33 Walk On

I personally use either Catcher 2 or Catcher 3. Like I said, there are so many choices, you are bound to find one to your liking.

5. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

Good stuff Townie. Personally I use the wide camera view for batting and its working for me.

6. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

great stuff Leon. thx!

7. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Im really waiting to rip into this game next week, so maybe I will try the cages then. My boss will be out of town for 2 whole weeks I can afford to stay up late playing like I used to. 9 games in 9 days? That's pathetic for me....

yeesh.

8. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

Well I went over to Operation Sports today, just to see what most thought of the game over there. There was a thread in which many claim that changing your TV setting to "Gaming" helps with hitting somewhat.

Any of you high-tech experts have a feeling about that one way or another???

I may give it a try, cause my hitting sucks right now

9. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Ahhh, now I see why you guys might be having problems. This happened to me last year. I had my game set on 1080i, interlaced scan. When I adjusted to progressive scan my timing was perfect. If you have played Rock Band, or Guitar Hero you know that the calibration is imperative. I would try some different settings and see what works

10. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

interesting... (y)

11. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

Changed my TV to "Gaming Mode" ....I can tell no difference, actually my batting avg. is falling LOL

12. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    hang in there man. I was batting .275 a week ago, now I am in a slump. Sometimes you can hit the ball hard but they go right at the defense just like real life. Sucks, but keep trucking and you will have a big game on offense.

13. Townie33

Townie33 Walk On

Make sure you change your PS3 video settings to no higher than 720!

14. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Went to BP last night, tore up the cages like no other. Then again the timing offline is actually set to what it was set at last season in all moods. Im thoroughly convinced the online delayed time to swing the bat is an error and not something they meant to do intentionally. If you were a gaming engineer, why would you create offline mood to have normal timing, and online mood to have delayed timing? Really doesn't make much sense...

15. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I see no difference from offline to online haha

16. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Heh, well I guess you are in the minority then. I understand you not having issue with the difference, but you can't even notice it???

I was able to adjust to offspeed and actually hit the ball when it appeared to be crossing the plate, not when it should have been in the glove. That was huge to me. I see a ball cross the plate, my fingers and mind want to react and swing. It's natural to not wait that extra split second when you've been doing otherwise since the show came out years ago.

17. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    I agree. Not much of a difference at all.

18. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

me either, i suck at both so far. hahaha

19. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Im starting to get used to the hitting, but it is different. Not sure how you guys don't see it since it being widely reported by users at theshownation. Some like it, some dont, but mostly everyone is aware there is a noticeable difference.

Now that I am used to it, i still hate it. I hope they patch it next go around like Russell suggested he would. The next patch is supposed to address the online issues, but there is no ETA on the patch. could be weeks, or longer....