TRADE (2013-Off/2014-Reg): Packers and Giants *APPROVED*

Discussion in 'Team Management' started by cry_havoc, Nov 5, 2013.

1. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

Giants Send:

C David Baas 89ovr 32yrs

DT/DE Marvin Austin 72ovr 25yrs

Packers Send:

2015 GB 1st

2015 GB 2nd

Giants are still looking to build for the future via draft. Packers want to solidify there Oline as well as add another pass rusher. Also, the Pack will be absent during draft time.

I agree.

2. CSteud

CSteud Walk On

I spaced out that I'll be gone this weekend so rather than letting the CPU draft for me I'm trying to put a few things together myself.

Packers agree.

3. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

CSteud

I will be honest, we are struggling to approve this deal. Can you give us a little more insight into your thought process behind making this trade? I understand you will not be present for the draft, but giving up two high picks for a center that could possibly retire before next season (and if not will most certainly regress) as the primary piece in return doesn't seem to add up.

• Like Like x 3
  4. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

Well originally our trade consisted of 4 players and a pick on my end for 3 of his picks. But being how the rules are set, we had to break it up. Thats y the trade now seems a lil off balanced. Our last trade had LE Wootton(who is underated by ovr and is a legit starter) WR Jernigan(a young slick slot WR) and a 3rd rd pick for a Packers 2nd rd pick.

And to be honest C Baas is at the normal age for a progressed OL. Its rare to get attributes like him unless you pull off some sweet shit in the draft. At the end of the day i understand it may seem "eh" but both teams firmly agree.

If we HAVE to...ill be glad to edit the proposal. And i think i can speak for the both of us that as of now we're both cool with whats out there.

5. LtJustice

I appreciate the response James, but we can't take the other trade into consideration when evaluating this trade. That trade was already accepted and processed, it is history so to speak.

I am still interested in hearing from Chris, before making a final determination, as he is the team that is seemingly on the short end of this deal.

6. CSteud

CSteud Walk On

Baas is 32 years old and he's an 89 overall center that's gonna move to RG. I don't think there's a chance in hell he retires anytime soon but its a chance I'll take in order to complete my o-line. I'm also receiving a young DT that fits my 4-3 scheme. I'm not gonna be around for the FA period or draft so I'm gonna miss out on any opportunity to sign players to fill my needs.

7. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

understandable and i firmly agree

8. LtJustice

Chris, i can understand where you are coming from. Thanks for the explanation.

Approve (1 of 2)

Michael Overman
    CHUNKNESS

9. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On