TRADE (2016): Vikings and Chiefs *BLOCKBUSTER* *DENIED*

Discussion in 'Team Management' started by Juan Valencia, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Juan Valencia

Juan Valencia Walk On

Vikings Send:

CB Xavier Rhodes 88 OVR 26 years old
    1M Cap hit

Chiefs Send:
    1st round up coming draft (2017)

Reason:

Chiefs would gain a great young CB to bolster their secondary that has an aging CB.
    Vikings would stock pile on draft picks needed to address their offense.

Both teams agree.

LtJustice
    Michael Overman
    CHUNKNESS

2. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

3. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

4. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Disapprove 1 of 2

Rhodes is rated 90ovr. Therefore this would be a BLOCKBUSTER trade. It would need to be made in the 2017 off-season as the Chiefs have already used their BLOCKBUSTER trade for 2016. Sorry guys.

Juan Valencia
    redlishus
    Michael Overman
    LtJustice

5. Juan Valencia

Juan Valencia Walk On

hes rated 88 OVR in the franchise

6. Juan Valencia

Juan Valencia Walk On

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. redlishus

Of course there's an issue, I'm involved.

According to Juan he's 88.

If this is the case, maybe blockbuster needs to be redefined. Just throwing it out there.

8. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

We have had this issue in our league as well that's why we just base it off league daddy default rating as depending on scheme it will vary in the CFM.

9. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

Persoanlly, I feel the 3 trade limit is good but the blockbuster can be restrictive. I would suggest being able to add more than 4 trade pieces in a 2 team trade. In some cases, making a trade that involves two players and a pick makes sense and can balance a trade.

10. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

Lucky for us no one listens to you coach KO...

• Like Like x 1
  11. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

Fair point. And truthfuilly its only becase I want to trade someone who is 90+ ovr.

• Like Like x 1
  12. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Sorry guys, this trade will be denied. The reasoning is that for purposes of the trade, Rhodes is viewed as being rated a 90 OVR, and the Chiefs have already used their 2016 Blockbuster trade.

As far as the difference in quoted OVR ratings, it is of course based on scheme. A look at the player determines that his natural position scheme is "Balanced". In a "Balanced" CB scheme, Rhodes rates a 90 OVR. While teams that run a different scheme, such as "Man To Man", may see him as an 88 OVR, he is a 90 at his "Natural" scheme, and thus would require a "Blockbuster" designation.

As stated in the TRADE RULES we will have to use the OVR rating as determined by a players natural scheme.

On a side note, I did a little more playing with Daddy League, and it appears that the OVR ratings they use are determined using the position schemes of that player's team. Where it can get out of whack is if the team changes a scheme(s) and that doesn't get synced with Daddy League until the team owner or league management syncs rosters. So in this case, it appears as though the Vikings must have used a different CB scheme previously, and that is why Rhodes appears as a 90 OVR on Daddy League. If the Vikings roster is synced now, and the scheme changed to reflect their current CB scheme of "Man to Man", Rhodes will show as an 88 OVR, as Juan referenced he does in the game right now.

Regardless of all that, like I said we have to rely on the player's "Natural Scheme". Ultimately this trade is denied for the 2016 season. If you gentlemen want to do the trade after the simmed season, you may do so, and it would count as your 2017 Blockbusters.

redlishus
    Juan Valencia
    CHUNKNESS
    Michael Overman

• Like Like x 1
  13. LtJustice

I appreciate the feedback Kris. But that is the purpose of the limits. It is supposed to be restrictive. We want owners to make calculated moves within the limitations. Trust me, i like to trade as much as anybody, but we have to do our best to promote proper team building and avoid a fantasy draft type atmosphere.

• Like Like x 2
  14. redlishus

I give up.

15. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

Interestingly enough, I dont like trading that much. Especially when people go all fantasy like. I like the number of trades that we have listed. I like the number offseason trades and inseason trades. I think there may be an opportunity for improvement with the restrictions on the number of pieces that can be involved in a trade. Perhaps dont count draft picks as a peice of trade. (Still counts towards trade count if it involves a player)

Completely get the reasoning. And have no problems working with those guidelines.

Lastly, A question on one trade rule. Can I franchise a player and then trade him? (assuming i have trades left etc)

• Like Like x 1
  16. LtJustice

I don't hate the idea. I can tell you that the possibility will at least be discussed.

Yes, you can still trade a player that has been franchised. Just be prepared for a big penalty (depending on the position of course).

• Like Like x 1