Trade Analysis

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by PAgamer07, Aug 3, 2012.

1. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

There really aren't many discussions on the forums about completed trades, so I thought I would get a thread up to discuss trades as they are completed. Or even feel free to gloat about how awesome the trade you made 2 years ago worked out...

• Like Like x 1
  2. PAgamer07

Ill start with our most recent trade...

To Arizona:

SP John Lackey

To Boston:

C Miguel Montero

Why on earth anyone would trade for John Lackey is beyond me. You can find guys of his quality or better on the waiver wire. Or hell, make a minor league trade for some of those career AAAA guys. And they are a lot cheaper!!

Fail Colemanchu

• Like Like x 1
  3. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Lackey just has a little bad luck is all, nothing a trip to the NL West and a long relief role won't cure. Not to mention he'll cost me $0 next year whereas Montero was slated to make $8M to be my 3rd best catcher and will provide good defense backing up the bat that the Sox have.

4. PAgamer07

Bad luck last 3 years?

5. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

going from California to the east coast will depress a person, we have our best sports pychologist coming in to fix the old man.

• Like Like x 1
  6. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

7. Sharkman37

Sharkman37 Walk On

How about the Zach Grienke deal? Tigers get Grienke and give up 4 1/2 star IF – Kenny Socorro, a useful RP in Anthony Zych, and CF –Dan Fields + 21 million in roster flotsam/expiring contracts.

I think both teams got what they wanted. Grienke, by far, was Houston’s most expensive player and since they weren’t going anywhere, it is a nice return on the FA investment they made one year prior when they shocked the world getting him in FA and only had to give up a 2nd rd pick to do it. Looking at it that way, score 2 pts for the Astros.

As for the Tigers, they now have 85-90 million wrapped up in starting pitching and needed a solid arm due to Cliff Lee’s elbow ligament injury. The thought process was they have a ton of cheap/good hitting prospects coming but outside of Falcon (that is the old Glenn Simard for the uninitiated) no one is close to being ready for a pennant race. The downside is the Tigers are close to tapped out already to try to patch a leaky bullpen in FA next year without spinning off another contract. The prospects given were at redundant positions save Zych

All in all, a solid trade all around but I would love to hear other people’s opinions.

8. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Capuano thats all :) lol

9. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Shields, Zobrist, Gio all have worked out well for the most part and didn't really give up any of my main guys i wanted to keep

10. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

He was a freebie :) I don't even remember what I got in return!

11. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

anybody who traded with the A's guy got an automatic W.

12. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

He got Loney (y)

13. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

i was going to give you the angry smiley thing but i'll let whoever takes the A's and that contract take that one.

14. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Great thread idea here..this is gonna start more then a few fires lol

15. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

I've had a solid 2 1/2 years out of 2B Neil Walker. However, it came at the expense of moving my first round pick to the Tigers. Hence, I now have the 30th ranked farm system in the game.

Also, I made the mistake of trading PAgamer07 for the lousy Noland Reimold, who went from 3 1/2 stars to bust in one season. I got about 20 games out of him last year before a season ending injury and he's riding pine and being paid $3.5 mln this year. Pittsburgh got 2 starters in the deal and spot starter in the OF Melky Cabrera.

16. PAgamer07

Lol. Melky has played well for us. Had Reimold stayed healthy its a different story

17. abolishthefed

I had to make a move. My OF is/was weak and I needed a spark to try to make a run for the NL West last year after Pagan went down for his annual 2 month injury.

18. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

did chris b young do anything for you? hembree is in his first year in the bigs for me.

19. abolishthefed

He was pretty good in the field. Didn't do much at the plate. He was solid, but I couldn't justify paying his $11 mln salary this year, when Lincecum needed to be resigned.

20. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

yeah most of my trades are salary influenced unfortunately, we'll see what Hembree does. he's been average this year in a middle relief role.

21. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

• Like Like x 1
  22. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Actually, I think I've generally done well in almost all of my deals. I'm pretty sure every player I trade ends up immediately dying after leaving Baltimore.

23. ty5oke

ty5oke Walk On

The 1st trade we did turned out pretty well for me. Although Delemonico crapped the bed, I did end up getting the better draft pick in Flores since I would of picked Castello with the first pick as well. So thanks for saving me there. Tillman actually turned into Victor Korkiakangas, who is a pretty good looking prospect in my system.

24. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Yeah, I guess I tried to block that one out. Castello ended up probably being the biggest bust in the Dugout so far.

25. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Any of you "experts" wanna analyze the DBacks/Tribe deal?