Trade Committee

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Keller, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Addendum to rules effective immediately

08.02 - Trade Committee

Keller
    Emmdotfrisk
    BobJr
    Shaun Mason
    Jmustang1968

Need 3 votes out of 5 to approve. As commissioner I reserve the right to veto a trade committee approved trade but those will be few and far between and only for good reason.

If anyone has any questions/comments/concerns, please voice them now.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  2. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

I will post up the hours that I will be able to view trades, because during the day until like 4 PST I am working with the Army but after work I can look at them and get a response back as quick as I can. If we wind up having a field exercise where I am away for a while I will let you know Keller so at least you know and can get someone to fill in for me or I will just be absent from the approving at that point, but besides that I will get responses out as quick as I can. (y)

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    You shouldn't be the veto AND on the committee. You should have veto and 5/5 should kill a veto.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

I tend to agree with this.

5. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

I personally do not like the trade commitee as the first authority, if at all possible.

I would vote that we let Keller have first right to approve a trade.

If a trade is declined then it should go to a trade committee for an "appeal", if the owners feel it was unjust.

All Keller based trade should go directly through the committee.

In the past, I feel that the trade committee was too long of a process. It was like pulling teeth for people to respond, or get them to agree.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  6. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

I think this would be the best approach we could take as well. Committees definitely seem to slow things down too much.

7. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    It depends on the makeup of the committee.:)

8. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

This is true. Typically a chosen committee is one in which the Commish feels would be the best suited to make the most fair decision in the most timely manner. In the past, with those hand selected people we have had issues. It seems like this is most active this league has been since I joined with the SMFL-TMFL merger, so there is hope that is could work, but I just remember the headaches it caused last year.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Keller

Its only 3 votes to approve out of the 5. That allows members within the committee to trade with one another and helps speed the process if someone isn't around.

There hasn't ever been a situation where 4/5/6 people agreed to a trade and I vetoed it. I have vetoed a trade before though, last year, if I'm not mistaken. One of many trades over many seasons is not particularly alarming IMO. It's just not something that happens that often - the trade process is typically pretty fair and some good discussion takes place and a decision is reached. That said, I'm not going to completely give up the ability to veto a trade - in the end I'm responsible for ensuring the integrity of the league, like all commissioners.

10. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

That is an alternative approach that I haven't thought of, sounds like it could work.

11. Keller

I'm going to conditionally give your spot to Shaun Mason then. Shaun is an admin and is on the site more than just about any other person - assuming he actually stays in the league this time around *cough cough* then he will approve trades.

12. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I never officially joined last time. It's good I didn't otherwise I would be running this league after that bullshit you pulled with Buffalo.:)

Anyway, I'm on this site most of the time, so approving trades isn't an issue.

13. Keller

And see what good its done me? None.

14. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Karma is a nasty slut.

• Like Like x 1