Trade Deadline

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Keller, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I posted a player today on the trading block which got me thinking - when should we put in the trade deadline?

We typically extend it beyond what the normal NFL deadline is, but only by a couple weeks.

Is everyone okay with say... week 8/9 advance? That means, end of week 8 or beginning of week 9. On the advance day, trades are no longer accepted.

2. Keller

Bumping as a reminder

3. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

are you still in this league?

• Like Like x 1
  4. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Ya, thats fine.

5. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

I think he is playing for Andrew Luck.

6. Keller

mostly

7. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

Just my personal opinion, but I don't think this is good for the league (especially coming from one of our leaders.) People join this league because it's active and to play user v user games. How can we call this a "sim" league if we have owners throwing seasons to get a draft pick?? I'd much rather have owners that are active in playing their games than owners who are simply active on the forums. Again, just my personal opinion and would be interested to get others thoughts...

8. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

The way I see is that it's his league and the only reason we are here is because of him, so if he wants to tank go right ahead. It's not like that pick is gonna put him in the SB anytime soon.

9. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

First of all, Keller has said from the beginning that this is "our" league, not his league and secondly, shouldn't the leader of our league be setting a good example of active gameplay rather than making all of his opponents play the CPU (which is boring as hell)?? Half of being an active owner is checking forums, etc. but the other half is playing your user v user games. It also creates an unfair advantage for some teams, especially ones that get to play the Bills twice...just saying that I'd be a little more upset as an AFC team knowing that was going on...