Trade Discussion & Banter

Discussion in 'The Longest Yard' started by mooseboyj, Aug 9, 2012.

1. mooseboyj

mooseboyj Walk On

T.1.0 Trade Restrictions:
    Every calendar season you will be restricted to trading only 6 players on your team. That can be in multiple trades, but you can only move 6 players on your roster via that method.

Reasoning: Trading is not a huge part of building your roster in the NFL and it will not be the main component of building your roster here in The Longest Yard. Trades will also be up for review from a trade committee consisting of elected, trusted peers.

T.2.0 Trade Timing Restrictions:
    All trades must be completed before the start of pre-season game 1. We will evaluate this deadline as the CCM progresses, but this is the rule until further notice.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2012
  2. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

The Pre-Season game one rule might be tweaked for this first season. But once the season starts the window closes. And yes - six players total for each team.

3. mooseboyj

mooseboyj Walk On

So anybody wanna talk trades?

4. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

I'm a die-hard lions fan and want to play with my Lions roster, so for me trading in season 1 just wont happen. I'll open up to the possibility in season 2 and beyond.

5. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

+1 with my Eagles though, I will not be making too many trades in this leagues.

6. BlyGilmore

I'll likely be trying to trade Umenyiora for either an LB, OL or CB. (Doesn't make sense to have three starting-caliber DEs in a Madden league like real life).

I'd also love to do a Bradshaw plus a pick for a stud HB if possible.

7. mooseboyj

mooseboyj Walk On

Well seeing as I have no OL LB or CB(except Powers) or any hb to speak of I will not be in these trade discussions

8. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

I can see your thinking here. I'll have to see what my DTs stats are. Maybe Fairley and a pick for an upgrade elsewhere is something I'd consider, since I should have 3 solid DTs. We'll just have to see. I shouldn't rule it out completely.

9. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Carson Palmer for somebody's 1st round pick this year and 2nd next year. Realistic trade :eek:

10. mooseboyj

mooseboyj Walk On

Reggie Wayne is on the block. Preferably for a DL or CB and 3rd round pick next year.

11. BlyGilmore

btw after getting a look at the team in the demo ... I'll be looking to move Umenyiora (88 overall) for preferably an offensive lineman otherwise a linebacker.

12. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

I want to see what my squad looks like first...Not sure what I really need yet. Possibly O line and/or DB

13. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

In our team management threads, we should have a sub forum or thread if we can that has our trade block...that way people don't have to look through one big thread....just an idea...

14. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

Most likely I'd be looking to move a WR (Earl Bennett, Dane Sanzenbacher, or even Johnny Knox - though not likely). As for what, I don't know. Imagining what our roster looks like, probably an OLB or CB, or TE depending on how depth looks for that.

Since I can't figure out how to utilize rotations (be it RB or DT - which the Bears seems to do a lot IRL) I may end up moving a DT or RB too. Michael Bush, obviously, unless I can figure out how to make a 60-40 split or so in-game.

15. mooseboyj

mooseboyj Walk On

Very Good Idea. Along with the 2 threads we had to create why not add a 3rd just simply titled "______ trade block/offers" In my case it would be titled "Colts trade block/offers" Can we do this?

16. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

Yep, good idea. It could look like:

Game Summaries
    Team MAnagement
    Scouting Report
    TRADING BLOCK

With all of our team-specific block inside (ex. Chicago Bears Trading Block).

We could also update/add a post for every year. So one post for 2012, one for 2013, with us discussing potential trades in our inboxes.

17. BlyGilmore

I don't think 32 trading block threads some how makes it easier to find out what's going on. To me that sounds worse. I think instead one thread that is JUST teams trading blocks. Other banter can go on in other threads.

Plus with a limited trading window it can open up and close as is needed.

18. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

Anyone looking for WRs? I'll definitely be listening to offers for Earl Bennett and Johnny Knox (like him, but is expendable with addition of Eric Weems). Don't know Knox's status though cause of his injury and whether or not he'll be on IR or if he'll have to sit 6 weeks.

Other than that, not sure. Probably will have some D-Lineman and DBs available too once I look at the roster.

19. CalebMackie

CalebMackie Easy like Sunday morning

I have a feeling I will be looking into wheeling some players to up the ante of my receiving core so if anyone has some younger players that can easily improve/players with really decent catch rating available, I will be listening to offers.

20. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

I posted this on the block, will also post it here for discussion. I know I said I wanted to keep my team the same first year, but what I can say? I'm prone to flights of fancy, and I like to run the ball. I think it's a very fair offer, and for a good running back the pick will be a 2nd rounder. Anyone who knows my record in user games knows that my draft picks will be fairly high picks.

Jahvid Best (81 overall)
    DT Nick Fairley (dont know overall yet - young, high potential)
    and a pick (2nd to 4th depending on your RB)

for

Any RB with at least an 87 overall, 28 years old or younger.
    Any DT off your roster, your choice.
    5th round pick

Please respond via PM or my team management thread.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  21. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

A gamechanger posted a message saying that it would be hard to trade in the CCM as you will need to take into account cap, bonus, penalties and potentially having your players not want to play for you anymore. Team management will be very important,specifically the cap.

The type of fantasy football trading in many leagues has always been an issue for a lot of people, i hope the CCM does it right and regulated really crazy trades. Hopefully there wont be a golden parachute for those that screw up their cap either. I remember in a league i played that used XFN, some guy would generate a huge cap penalty of like $40 million and could care less because the league set the cap so high or allowed him to have like 40 players.

22. BlyGilmore

two things historically have made that possible in Madden. 1) the cap increased more each year than in real life. 2) you didn't need the same kind of depth you did in the real NFL ... so you could fill in your backups with minimum wage guys.

23. mooseboyj

mooseboyj Walk On

Lookin to move Dwight Freeny.

24. CalebMackie

CalebMackie Easy like Sunday morning

Kinda asking a lot of a player who's really close to retiring don't ya think?

25. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

In the real NFL, Santonio Holmes got traded for a 5th-round pick.

Lol and IIRC, that was after his SB-winning catch.

I would hope Ronde Barber for a 4th/6th rounder didn't go through.

• Like Like x 2