1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Trade Offer - Chicago & Detroit (CPU)

Discussion in 'Team Pages' started by Dru50, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Danthraxxx - here are my thoughts.

Deng/Bogans for Gordon/Prince - No way does Detroit do this. Detroit is rebuilding and they wouldn't take on Deng's contract (which is bad) and Bogans doesn't start for about 20+ teams in the league. They especially aren't likely to trade an expiring deal in Prince to pick up more cap liability. Plus, does that trade work under the cap? I believe the Bulls are over the cap, right, and in this deal you'd be trading away $15 mill in cap contracts and getting back $17 mill?

In my opinion, if you are going to trade with a bottom feeder team and be giving them cap liability, it better be because they are getting the significantly better player in the deal.

For this trade to be fair, I think you'd have to swap Taj Gibson (who I believe is a 73 OVR and is on a very cap friendly contract) in order to swing a deal for 2 of the Gordon/Prince/Hamilton trio.

Those are my thoughts, Bondzai007 and JFace907 - what do you guys think?

2. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Ok so i put this in the ESPN.com Trade Machine just because like Dru50, i didn't think the numbers added up. We were right.

• The Bulls are over the cap, and their incoming salaries are greater than 125% plus $100,000 of their outgoing salaries. Cut $5,082,510 from the Bulls incoming trade value to make this trade successful.
    With this said i have to decline the trade.

3. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

ESPN Trade Machine, why didn't I think of that. Good work JFace, I will be using that to factor in my future trade decisions.

4. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Trade finder or whatnot will allow the trade , so I think I will be fine cap wise , I know my cap was not awful which is something I def looked at.

I am having trouble finding teams that have the parts I am looking for (SF , SG) that don't already have a ton of them on the roster

5. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Well back to the drawing board :( lol

6. Dru50

The trade machine may not work because I think it's using contract info from the 2010-2011 season and in the game any FAs were left on their existing teams and given 1 year deals due to the lockout.

7. Dru50

As a bulls fan I can tell you that you have 2 marketable guys, trade wise-Taj Gibson and Noah. No team would take on the contracts of Deng/Boozer/Brewer/Korver unless the Bulls are giving up better players than they are getting back. That's what I think you need to keep in mind and that's what I factor into my analysis of these types of trades.