Trade Offer - Chicago & Detroit (CPU)

Discussion in 'Team Pages' started by Dru50, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Danthraxxx - here are my thoughts.

Deng/Bogans for Gordon/Prince - No way does Detroit do this. Detroit is rebuilding and they wouldn't take on Deng's contract (which is bad) and Bogans doesn't start for about 20+ teams in the league. They especially aren't likely to trade an expiring deal in Prince to pick up more cap liability. Plus, does that trade work under the cap? I believe the Bulls are over the cap, right, and in this deal you'd be trading away $15 mill in cap contracts and getting back $17 mill?

In my opinion, if you are going to trade with a bottom feeder team and be giving them cap liability, it better be because they are getting the significantly better player in the deal.

For this trade to be fair, I think you'd have to swap Taj Gibson (who I believe is a 73 OVR and is on a very cap friendly contract) in order to swing a deal for 2 of the Gordon/Prince/Hamilton trio.

Those are my thoughts, Bondzai007 and JFace907 - what do you guys think?

2. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Ok so i put this in the ESPN.com Trade Machine just because like Dru50, i didn't think the numbers added up. We were right.

• The Bulls are over the cap, and their incoming salaries are greater than 125% plus $100,000 of their outgoing salaries. Cut $5,082,510 from the Bulls incoming trade value to make this trade successful.
    With this said i have to decline the trade.

3. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

ESPN Trade Machine, why didn't I think of that. Good work JFace, I will be using that to factor in my future trade decisions.

4. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Trade finder or whatnot will allow the trade , so I think I will be fine cap wise , I know my cap was not awful which is something I def looked at.

I am having trouble finding teams that have the parts I am looking for (SF , SG) that don't already have a ton of them on the roster

5. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Well back to the drawing board :( lol

6. Dru50

The trade machine may not work because I think it's using contract info from the 2010-2011 season and in the game any FAs were left on their existing teams and given 1 year deals due to the lockout.

7. Dru50

As a bulls fan I can tell you that you have 2 marketable guys, trade wise-Taj Gibson and Noah. No team would take on the contracts of Deng/Boozer/Brewer/Korver unless the Bulls are giving up better players than they are getting back. That's what I think you need to keep in mind and that's what I factor into my analysis of these types of trades.