Trade Proposal Giants/Browns

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by yankeery25, Aug 30, 2010.

1. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

Trade Proposal Giants/Browns

Giants send Rocky Bernard, Jay Alford, K Burnett, Ahmad Bradshaw, Tolbert, Joe Klopfenstein
    Browns send Shaun Rogers

Thoughts?

2. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

bump... can the committee look at this?

3. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

In a word, no. You cant unload 6 players to makeup for picking up 1 guy. Trade 1 or 2 players of comparable value. Stop being ridiculous.

Start listing the ages and potentials of players while you're at it.

Bernard is a 75, Burnett is a 76, Alford is a 76, Bradshaw is a 78, Tolbert is a 74, Klopfenstein (a guy you picked up from FA) is a 72.

Now I know some of those guys are pretty old AND I know you've been trying to trade a bunch of them for awhile.

Rogers, on the other hand, is a 93ovr A potential DT. Granted he's a little on the older side but still.

So your thought process is....
    "Well, I'll take these guys that no one wants and throw in a few more that no one wants and I'll get Shaun Rogers?"

It doesn't work like that around here.

You've been trading players NONSTOP since the inception of the league and you've thrown more than a few of these oddball trades.

Start making legitimate trade offers or stop making making them. You can't get something for nothing or just sneak some of these offers by people. You're overloading the review board with these crap trades.

Every "questionable" trade that has been made has come from you. Either offloading talent for cap space or whatever. I'm not saying you can't get cap relief, which is why they went through but still. At some point you've got to start making legitimate trades. You want Shaun Rogers, trade Justin Tuck. You've gotta give something to get something, especially with the CPU.

Sorry I have to be harsh but I feel like its the only way to get the point across. Cool?

4. jsw930

jsw930 Walk On

agreed, this unloading is just nonsense, ur givin up aging bench players pretty much for a top DT, not gonna happen

5. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

Ok, cool. My mindset with this trade is that the browns are a rebuilding team, so trading an older star for younger players would work. I did not realize that some of them are older as well. I know Bradshaw is young, as are Klopfenstein and Alford, but I see your point. How about this offer:

Justin Tuck (Age 28, Pot A), William Beatty (Age 26, Pot B), and Michael Boley (Age 29, Pot B (I think)) for Shaun Rogers (Age 32, Pot A) and Eric Steinbach (Age 31, Pot idk, but he is an 86 overall). The Browns unload older vets for younger players and a star player in Justin Tuck

**Edit**
    In the future make it look something like this so its easy to compare.
    DE Tuck 92ovr, 28, A
    RT Beatty 76ovr, 26, B
    OLB Boley 84ovr, 29, B

FOR

DT Rogers, 93ovr, 32, A
    LG Steinbach, 86ovr, 31, B
    **End Edit**

6. Keller

Again, list the ages and potentials of players involved. Keep in mind that a CPU trade MUST favor the cpu.

7. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

I just edited the post with the second offer, sorry about that.

8. jsw930

jsw930 Walk On

not exactly sure why u wanna do this trade, but yeh thats fair with the cpu gettin a lil better on the deal i think, id let that go through. keller?

9. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

I want to do this trade because the middle of my defense was swiss cheese against the panthers. Anything up the middle was easily 7 or 8 yards, and he broke huge runs up the middle

10. Keller

I will let the committee review this. This is certainly worth consideration at least.

11. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

Ok coolio

12. Geiger52

Geiger52 Walk On

The new offer definitely seems fair to me. In my opinion the trade favors the Browns so if yankeery wants to do it, I say let it go through.

13. stlmang

stlmang Walk On

Thank god, end that madness..... :D

14. stlmang

stlmang Walk On

approved the revised
    DE Tuck 92ovr, 28, A
    RT Beatty 76ovr, 26, B
    OLB Boley 84ovr, 29, B

FOR

DT Rogers, 93ovr, 32, A
    LG Steinbach, 86ovr, 31, B

15. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

I think the browns need a replacement DT though. How about Rocky Bernard gets thrown in, he has a contract that expires in two years, the Browns need a replacement DT, so they need/would like him, plus I need the immediate cap relief and I'd have so many DTs.

But if not, should I go ahead and update my spreadsheet? And how would I get these players, no one will be have this team to drop them. Mkeller, can you manually drop them for me?

16. Keller

You can't edit the trade once its already in review.

If you want to revise your trade, thats fine, but you're going to need 3 new approvals.

Again, make sure you list out all the info on the players involved.

17. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

mkeller, would throwing in Rocky Bernard into the trade have your approval? Because if not, I wont seek new approvals

18. Keller

I dont know anything about Rocky Bernard.

Age, overall, potential.

19. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

Age 31, overall 77, potential C

20. Keller

Definitely no.

They already have A. Rubin, a 25YO, 74ovr DT that is probably a B potential. They don't need Rocky Bernard.

21. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

Ok, What about Jay Alford? Age 26, 76/77 overall (idk which), B potential

22. Keller

I just told you they have a young DT. Why do they need him? The upgrade would be minimal at best.

23. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

Well, I figured Jay Alford was better than both Rocky and that other guy the Browns have. But wat ev, the trade will go down as it was.

24. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

And did i get the 3 approvals on Tuck, Beatty, and Boley for Rogers and Steinbach? I know I got two but I'm not sure if you approved mkeller

25. Keller

I was hoping someone else would review it as I'm trying to strike a balance between trades I approve and trades I don't have a say in.