Trade proposal-LAC/PHO (CPU)

Discussion in 'Team Pages' started by Dru50, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

LA sends Mo Williams (74 OVR, B pot, 1 yr at $8.5 mill with a player option), Randy Foye (69 OVR, C+ pot, 1 yr at $4.25 mil), Al-Farouq Aminu (69 OVR, B- pot, 1 yr at $2.76 mil) and their 2012 1st round pick to Phoenix for Steve Nash (84 OVR, no pot, 1 yr at $11.69 mil), Grant Hill (80 OVR, no pot, 2 yrs at $4.41 mil per) and Channing Frye (64 OVR, C pot, 3 yr at $6 mil per).

The Suns turn two old vets (Nash is 37, Hill is 39) into 2 G's with several years left on the wheels and a young SF to help build going forward, plus an additional 1st round pick in 2012. The Clips solve their PG issue and adding the two wily veterans could allow LA to compete in a weaker western conference than in past seasons.

JFace907
    Bondzai007

2. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Approved

3. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Dude i really feel like the trade nazi here but i just don't see this trade ever going down. You are asking Phoenix to completely change their play style. They go from run and gun to a slow down offense with Mo Williams/Aaron Brooks running the point and HAKIM WARRICK the starting PF. It also may be the brain washing the Phoenix media did to me but they were saying they'd have to get the king's ransom to ever give up Steve Nash and they absolutely love Grant Hill. This is more like the beggar's purse from a weekend at the kingdom...

4. Dru50

JFace907 - can you tell me then what PGs you would allow me to trade for and what I'd have to give up? I'm trying but you are making it seem like every team in the league is thrilled with their situation at the point but me. I need to change my PG cause I'm really not liking Mo Williams but I don't want to waste my time looking at other teams PG situations if you've decided they'll never discuss trading who they have. Jeez, I never would have picked the Clips if I'd known I'd be unable to move Mo for anything worth a damn.

5. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Right now i really think you are limited to the likes of Ish Smith, Jarrett Jack, Luke Ridnour, Baron Davis, Jordan Farmar, George Hill, Goran Dragic types. Guys who are second string guys. You could potentially go for the fences with guys like Darren Collison, Kyle Lowry, Andre Miller types by putting together big packages. The guys that you have targeted thus far are either A. Franchise players or B. Not offering enough in return. This is just my opinion feel free to call me foolish.

6. Bondzai

I don't really look at the trades as real life scenarios. Sure, the Suns aren't going to trad Steve Nash in real life. The only thing I don't want is for us to deplete the CPU teams with our trades. So as long as we are giving the CPU teams similar rated players in return then we should be ok.

With this trade the Suns get younger and get a 1st round pick and realistically Nash and Hill could both retire at the end of the year.

7. Dru50

Just so I understand, you are saying you wont approve a deal involving a CPU starter unless I am 'overpaying'? In other words, trying to propose a deal that would make sense for my team is pointless?

I'm just trying to understand your thinking on these trade discussions, since it feels like you are entirely against trades in general.

8. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

When i look at trades to the CPU i look at them in two different lights. Is the CPU getting its fair share in return? Is there any chance i would make this trade if i were using this team?

And if any of the two gives me back an answer of "oh hell no" then i decline. And as i mentioned before, in this trade you are asking Phoenix to destroy their core, the 3 players that the organization loves the most, for a few so-so players and a pick that is likely going to be either just outside the lottery or a low percentage pick.

Here's another thing to consider. We are pulling off trades in the first calendar week of the season, maybe once we get closer to the trade deadline i will approve more of these deals. I mean if Phoenix is 8 games out of the 8th spot and Dru is knocking on the door of a division title, i'd say sure, maybe just give them one more piece or pick and its good to go.

9. Bondzai

These are virtual organizations...they don't love their players.

10. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Hey if you guys don't like my thinking of trades, replace me on the committee. I was asked to do this and i'm just doing what was asked. I don't have to be here.

11. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

I lol'd

12. Dru50

I just feel like you are being a bit too critical when looking at these trades (not this one, I honestly figured you'd not like it). In the end, this isn't reality, it's a video game and part of the fun of playing GM with these teams is trying to swing trades. You have every right to have the opinions you do, but I think you look at these with a stricter eye than either Bondzai007 or I do. Bond and I spoke today and we think it's best to just have he and I (as the Eastern and Western Conference commissioners) be the ones making the calls on the trades. I'll be posting a thread about another change in leadership at the top of the league here shortly.

Sorry about the vitriol with some of my responses, I've had a hell of a week at work and home, and took it out on you. That's not cool, and I apologize. We appreciate you stepping in and helping out when Ryno needed to step aside.