Trade proposal - LAC/Tor (CPU)

Discussion in 'Team Pages' started by Dru50, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

LA would send C Chris Kaman (76 OVR, no pot, 1 yr at $12.2 mill) and SF/PF Ryan Gomes (62 OVR, no pot, 2 yrs at $4 mill) to the Raptors for PG Jose Calderon (69 OVR, no pot, 2 yrs at $10.17 mill per), C Andrea Bargnani (68 OVR, A pot, 4 yrs at $10.5 mill per) and PF Joey Dorsey (62 OVR, C- pot, 1 yr at $1.4 mill).

The deal gets the clippers a true PG to play while Eric Bledsoe develops and also gives the team a C that can stretch the court and make space for Blake Griffin down low. The Raptors get a true low post threat and contract relief to the tune of $16 mill a yr after this season, getting them out of 2 bad contracts and allowing them to be players in what may be a big FA year.

Bondzai007
    JFace907

2. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

This deal is almost asking Toronto to completely rebuild behind Ed Davis, DeMar Derozan, and Sonny Weems. I don't really see them ever doing that. This is another deal that if I were using the Raptors, I'd decline. So as a trade committee member I must do the same. Sorry Dru50

3. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I'd argue that they would be better off starting over rather building around two guys rated in the 60's with $10 million a year multiple year deals. Kaman instantly becomes their best player, and if they are still one of the worst teams they'd have additional cap room to use instead of paying Calderon/Bargnani $20 million. Plus, you are forgetting the Raptors also have jarryd bayless and leandro barbosa at PG, both are younger and comparable options at the point after 30 yr old Calderon.

But I see your point as well. I will look elsewhere for trade partners for Kaman.