Trade Proposal Patriots/Bears

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by kdpnutter, Sep 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Trade Proposal Patriots/Bears

Bears Trade: DE Corey Wootton 72 (24, C), QB Dan LeFevour 66 (24, C), RB Matt Forte 86 (25, A), DT Marcus Harrison 68 (27, C)

Patriots Trade: QB Brian Hoyer 62 (24, C), RB Laurence Maroney 77 (26, B), LE Ty Warren, 84 (30, A), DT Vince Wilfork 95 (29, A)

I'd like to upgrade Harrison to Tommy Harris and still get this approved (If not I will keep as is)

2. DreSmithJr

DreSmithJr It Be So EMPTY, WITHOUT ME...

well u cant get a cpu pick...

but without it i approve...

3. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Forte is A potential so this is declined. Corey Wooten is also a 72ovr rookie so he will likely progress a lot in his first few seasons so that gives me some reservations as well.

4. stlmang

stlmang Walk On

Id approve without the draft pick

5. Geiger52

Geiger52 Walk On

I thought you had given up on trading with the CPU? :) It looks pretty even to me, but I don't think it favors the CPU enough for me to approve. You are getting the better end of the deal for the long run...

6. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

LoL I had given up on it but saw a few things I liked and was willing to part with some big time talent to make it happen. If it's the matter of Tommie Harris I'd keep Harrison instead of Harris. I need a solid RB and a younger DE. Need the weak back up QB while Brady is out for 9 weeks. I lose half of an awesome D-line and a serviceable backup and still leave Chicago with a good running back and an amazing D-line.

Peppers, Wilfork, Harris, Warren, who wants to go face the Bears with that D-line?

So since this deal is 2-2 what does that mean?

7. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

So because one of their guys is an A, and I am giving up two guys that are A's it gets declined? Hmmm :confused: They get a B running back who is a year older than Forte and I get an A. I see this as more than fair and gives the Bears an incredible D-Line and don't lose too much on offense.

I'm trying to figure out what you mean because Forte is an A potential so it gets declined?

8. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

So at this point where does this stand? Since if possible I'd like to have this deal done before my game with the dolphins.

9. DreSmithJr

we are going to need 1 more voter to either approve or deny this kd.. if no1 comes in and does.. then the commish (keller) will make a decision (no) on ur trade.

10. stlmang

stlmang Walk On

I think the entire trade committee voted, I think its going to be declined with keller voting against. just sayin.

Dont quote me though, with it being 50/50 he might let it go.

11. Keller

Wooten is B potential.

I will message jsw and ask that he weigh in on this. As it stands, if a trade is not approved, I'll have to make a final decision. I'm surprised it got 2 votes for approval to be honest but thats why we have a trade committee. I'm not the only one that approves these trades.

If it were something outlandish that somehow got approved I would certainly veto it I don't foresee that happening nor does it apply in this case.

12. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

**Alternate if need be deal, to try to rework the deal and make it favor the Bears a little more, if the first one is declined ultimately**

Bears Trade: DE Corey Wootton 72 (24, B), QB Dan LeFevour 66 (24, C), RB Matt Forte 86 (25, A), DT Jarron Gilbert 65 (25, C)

Patriots Trade: RB Laurence Maroney 77 (26,B), FS James Sanders 77 (27, B), LE Ty Warren 84 (30, A), DT Vince Wilfork 95 (29, A)

Would that work better, if necessary I can change it to that, or would do Tully Banta-Cain 79 (30, B) instead of Sanders if you want. I really like LeFevour, so I'm trying to rework it if I need to, in order to make it happen.

13. DreSmithJr

i dont see why this trade isnt getting approved honestly... wooten being a 72 B.. he is 2 years away from equalling warren and will never = wilfork.

idk. i see u gaining a RB here and LOSING everywhere else.

14. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

That's what I was thinking, at least someone is seeing where I'm going with it. (y)

15. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Any word from JSW on this yet?

16. Keller

Unfortunately no. I'm starting to get a bit worried.

17. jsw930

jsw930 Walk On

i think its fair. patriots are givin up enough to get forte in warren and wilfork. have fun on defense NE

18. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Lol I know it will be a struggle on defense but it will force young guys like Pryor and Wootton to step up early. Along with my LBs, I'm really relying on my LBs and S, and CBs.

I will release them tonight when I get home and will do the spreadsheet updates tonight. When I look to see what the contracts for the Bears guys are.

19. Keller

Please drop your players into FA so I can pick them up for the computer. I will do the computers drops right now.

Also remember to update your spreadsheet etc.

20. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Players will be dropped in 10 minutes

21. Keller

Where is Vince Wilfork?

*edit*

I took care of it for you.

22. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Wilfork was the first one I released, he should have been there.

23. Keller

He was on your roster, I had to manually release him myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.