Trade Question

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by Sharkman37, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Sharkman37

Sharkman37 Walk On

A question popped up in trade discussions around PTBNL's. Has this rule changed on how it works? I looked at the league rules as well as the transaction rule thread but found nothing. Before we continue the dialogue I would like to know what, if anything, has changed with PTBNLers. thanks, Shark

2. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Yeah, sorry. We tagged the league in the Sim 12 thread last night, but haven't had a chance to update the description/transaction thread yet.

• Just for full disclosure, the commisioner team has decided to allow the Rockies to cut 1B Dilios Platea without penalty, despite him having multiple years left on the contract and the fact that it will put the Rockies into the red. The reason for this, is due to me not processing the trade that would have finalized this PTBNL deal promptly. During that time Caraballo (the SP that was the PTBNL) suffered a career ending injury. Due to the fact that the trade was never able to be completed, we're voiding the trade for the Rockies.
    • That being said, we will no longer have PTBNL trades. A player that is drafted in the amateur draft will now have to stay with the team until the subsequent offseason. Once we reach the offseason, those players are eligible to be traded. If you have any questions about this, feel free to ask.

3. Sharkman37

Sharkman37 Walk On

That totally makes sense. What about PTBNLers for current MLers? My question involves around making a trade now but one of the salary MLer's not moving until the off-season. The reason being I need the guy now but will look to trade him in the offseason. The team I am talking to needs another ML piece now to help with their playoff push. thoughts?

• Like Like x 1
  4. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    There will be zero PTBNL trades, regardless of status in the league.

5. Sharkman37

Sharkman37 Walk On

perfect. thanks for clarifying =-)