Trade question.

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jeremy, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Trade question.

Trades that were posted and agreed to before a game was played in Week 2. Can this deal be forced by commish or dropped\added so players can be on correct teams in Week 2?

2. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

nope. we only do that for week 1, after that trades have to be done AFTER their games have been played.

3. natedawg212000

I do want to add that I think we should all try to lighten up on the trades. Unless its just a blatant destroying of a team, we should allow ppl to do what they want. If we feel a trade is too lopsided, then we will request both owners to post why they are doing the trade and then vote after that.

thoughts?

I just want to allow as much freedom as possible without letting guys destroy teams.

4. Branden

Branden Walk On

Thts wat i was thinking Nate theres too much strictness in trading let the teams do what they want its their fault and its up to them i mean how many times has the NFL commish actually butted in on a trade?

5. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

We still have to keep an eye on totally losided trades though. Multiple owners will quit and it will be very hard to find owners for teams that all their good players were traded for hometown favorites. I take more into account that just OVR. SPD is a HUGE factor in this years Madden. Some people believe it is the only rating that matters.

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Why don't we have a board member study trades that are proposed then and have that board member approve/disapprove of trade? If the board member is involved in trade, then the commish or another board member should be a secondary person to scan trades.

If the board member disapproves, then he lets the teams know why and what he thinks needs to be done to make the trade fair through PMs. The board member could also ask for advice on how to make the trade fair here in this area away from possible flaming comments.

7. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

To dog pile on my own post, as far as value in trades are concerned, the board member reviewing trades could ask a very simple question to the two teams involved:

"I am taking over your team next week. Why would I play with this team with this trade in place?"

If they can't give a good reason, then we veto the trade. Simple as that.

Or does that make too much sense? lol

8. natedawg212000

thats my job. i will keep an eye on trades and if i see one that i think is just too far i will bring to board to vote on and let both players know that the trade is under review. is that what you meant, or did i read that too fast?

9. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Sort of. I was thinking perhaps another board member could look over the trades other than the commissioner. That way there is sort of an "appeals" process there.

Say I do trade overlooking. I see a trade I don't like, I tell the teams so and why. If they feel strongly about it and feel in the right, they can appeal to you, commissioner.

With you over the trades, there is no person to appeal to. Does that make sense?