trade question

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by cadepetty247, Oct 31, 2009.

1. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

trade question

I dont know about yall, but I'm not an active trader and I prolly wont do but one trade a season. I just see slot of key players leaving and being just destroying teams. Seems like we should have just done a fantasy draft. I like sim in every aspect not just in the game. As the Ravens owner trading Ed Reed and Ray Lewis, that would never happend.. I am intrested in it though, but i just think we should put some limits on trades. Not who you can trade just how many trades you can make, like 2to3 in season 2to3 offseason. Some people are trading just to be trading it seems to me. I just dont want teams to be destroyed when we lose a guy or two and the teams are left are teams that a guy traded away everyone. Ive seen this in my other league and we still cant fill the eagles with no vick, mcnabb, etc.

2. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I agree and disagree cade.
    I offered the Ravens DT Kevin Williams-97ovr for Ed Reed. I dont see how trading your FS for the best DL in the game is destroying a team. Some people value front 7 alot more than they do the back 4. I for one value speed and agility on defense way more than I do strength.ravens would only have the most dominant from 7 in football. Also, I think trading is maybe the "most enjoyable" aspect of being in an online dynasty. Seeing a player I traded for make an sack or score a TD is pretty righteous.

Now with that being said, I have thought about bringing up a trade limit for each owner. Something like max 3 trades with a max of 8-10 players. When I am waiting 3-4+ days for the week to advance I get bored and just start offering trades just out of the need for excitement and I probably need a rule to stop my madness. So I could be in favor of putting a ceiling on trades.

3. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

i agree with you... some people do value much more.. i prolly would trade alot more if i wasnt such a die hard cowboys fan, lol. But that being said I'm with a trade limit. It will make free agency and the draft much more crucial.

4. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

To be honest, as far as trades go, isn't that why we review all trades as they happen? To keep teams from being destroyed? I am in favor, yet not in favor, of a fantasy draft. While it would be nice to build your team your way, how would you get all the owners together to get that done? And if owners couldn't make a fantasy draft, then they would end up trading whatever players they had gotten through the fantasy draft to get who they want, destroying the team in the process.

I think it's a matter of personal preference. There are not a lot of trades in the NFL anyway. But there are GMs who think that a player is a good value or not a good value, and are willing to wheel and deal if they can get what they think is fair value. Same here.

I think, though, if you want to really put the screws on trading a bit, here's a good rule:

Teams are only allowed to trade ONE double digit cap value player in a year. Also, a player with a double digit cap value can ONLY be traded ONCE a year.

That means any player with an overall of 90 or better could only be moved once by a team, and the team receiving him could not then trade him to another team until next year.

That would keep your iconic guys (guys like Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Jared Allen, Brandon Marshall) in their uniforms they normally wear, for the most part.

5. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

im with you bro...i like this rule and i think we should of had this in effect when we started and i think it should take into place asap

6. Jeremy

Think it would be best to implement it year 2

7. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Which rule, the review all trades rule (which is in place) or the no double digit cap value rule I typed up?

If the cap value rule is what you are talking about, we can put it to a vote and make it retroactive, if the board votes that way. That means anyone who has done a trade with a player of that value could do no more trades that way.

The retroactive part should be voted separately though, as I know some board members (I think I did as well, not sure with so little talent lol) have done a trade like this. It will be a dicey issue if we try to do it retroactive. But I think the rule going forward would definitely be good.

8. Branden

Branden Walk On

tht would be a great year 2 rule. i personally dont like to trade tht much especially if i play with my titans cus i want to keep the pleyers together and i like all my players i find ways to do things with my players ill trade if a good deal comes along but other than tht i look for free agency and the draft

9. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

i say put it to a vote and ill vote to make it retroactive

10. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I vote for the double digit cap rule to be put in for year two. At this point we as a board just have to voice any issues with trades for year one, and in year two we can add this rule.

11. Jeremy

Too late to do it this year,IMO.

12. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

I am all for limiting how many trade can take place and limiting how many players per trade. I have no problem limiting it to 3 trades per team and 4 players per trade. I do not want to start saying who's tradable and whos not. like my team i have colston. he just doesnt fit my style of football. yes, real life saints would NEVER trade him, but i need to so i can get a player that fits my stye.

what do you guys think about what i offered. 3 per team, 4 per trade?

13. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

How about you flip it? 4 trades per year, 3 per trade? I would rather be able to wheel and deal more with less merchandise to use than have to do "whopper" trades.

14. natedawg212000

well i think that 4 players per trade is a better deal that 3. there won't be many whopper deals but if you deal a stud then it takes more players to make up that difference. i could do 4 trade 4 per. i like 3 trades 4 per better, but 4 and 4 aren't bad.

15. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I like 4 trades/4 players per. I am not a big fan of just 3 trades at 4 players per, but if the majority sees it that way, I'm game for 3 and 4 as well.

But my vote is now at 4/4.

16. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

i like the first idea 3 trades/4players

17. Jeremy

3/4 or 4/3 is good with me but when will we put this into effect?
    And if we make it effective now, will past trades be counted toward our max number for this year?

18. natedawg212000

yes and if you went over then you went over imo. no penalty for going over this year. thoughts?

19. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I agree with the "no penalty this year" portion of the rule. But what would be the penalty for future years?

I would say a cap hit could be good, or just negating the trade is good as well.

20. natedawg212000

ya, not allow the trade to pass through.

21. natedawg212000

so what do we want to do? put this in for next offseason and just post now or put it in now and stop teams who are already over the 4 trade rule? i've changed my vote to 4 trades. i personally think trading is the reason online frannys are so fun. someone who gets stuck with browns, lions, ect needs to be able to make moves to improve their team and make it fun for them. we will restart ever new madden so its not like the moves are forever.

thoughts?

22. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I'm game with putting the rule in next season and letting things go as is. I would put the rule up, however, but enforce it starting next season.

23. Jeremy

I say make it effective for year 2. After we aquire players to fit our specific schemes the trades will decrease immensely. I for one have made my last trade for the year. I got most of the players I wanted and I am content on staying pat.

24. natedawg212000

we going with 4 trades with 4 per trade?

25. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I believe so yes.