Trade Review Board

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Keller, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Trade Review Board

I need a couple dedicated, football nut owners to help me review trades and ensure that things are fair. These people would have to be dedicated to checking the forums daily and voting amongst ourselves on whether or not to approve trades. Also, they might have ideas as to what the review process might entail. They must have a firm grasp (obviously) of what constitutes a "fair" trade.

The reason for all this is...
    1. When I make trades I can't approve things.
    2. I shouldn't be the lone vote on whether or not trades are legal.
    3. One of the ways we are trying to differentiate our league from others is allow CPU trades. The only way to do that is have a rigorous trade review process. We have owners asking about CPU trades, we need a way to approve or deny them, plain and simple.

Now, I'm asking for help. I already have a few people in mind but I will not say their names. I'll just hope that some owners step up and we put this thing together.

Trades already made are not going to be reviewable. By that I mean the trades other than the trade that I made today with the Giants. That IS reviewable.

So who wants to step up for the betterment of the league?

2. stlmang

stlmang Walk On

Im on forums a lot let me know if you need help.

3. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I'm down to help out. I'm on the forums a lot as well

4. Keller

Sounds good I appreciate that guys. We need 2 reservers I think, in case that we are unavailable or actually involved in the trade.

2 more volunteers out there?

5. jsw930

jsw930 Walk On

yeh i would help if you need as well. I think for CPU trades, you need at least 3 votes from the league to get it approved. Im in another franchise and that is what the requirements are for all trades. You just need 3 people to accept it

6. Keller

That being the case, you guys should vote (either amongst yourselves or in the trade thread) on the trade between the Bills and the Giants earlier today.

With all trades, please consider every aspect of the trade.

7. Geiger52

Geiger52 Walk On

As I told you earlier, I'm willing to help out if needed. Just let me know.

8. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

I volunteer, I'm very active on the trade block as you have seen

9. DreSmithJr

DreSmithJr It Be So EMPTY, WITHOUT ME...

im an NFL Analyst lol... =]
    so im down

10. Keller

Well everyone cannot be apart of the review board. We have enough guys already I think, some of which are just reserves anyways.

Also I think some of you guys are slacking, there are trades that need voted on.

Always stay on top of the trade block.

11. Keller

You can be one of our reserves in case one of us cannot do it for one reason or another.

12. Geiger52

Geiger52 Walk On

Sounds good.

13. DreSmithJr

FINE THEN..

*LEBRON JAMES VOICE*

"IMA TAKING MY TALENTS TO...."

LOL

14. Keller

Dre I'm going to allow you to review trades as well in place of Papa Perry. He's respected around here but doesn't seem to be active as far as reviewing trades.

If you're still interested, please say so.

As with everyone else, I expect you to take your responsibility very seriously.

15. DreSmithJr

not a problem keller... will do.

16. stlmang

stlmang Walk On

YEA DRE DONT MESS IT UP! :D

17. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

dre approve my trade with the browns

18. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

19. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

I run a trade committee on two leagues and run my own league. With how long it seems trades are taking to get approved or denied. I'd be willing to help and vote on trades.

20. Keller

I honestly did not anticipate this amount of volume of trades. People are going crazy it seems and its a bit much.

I literally have about 3 or 4 pm's a day, plus trying to recruit new members, plus I have to vote on a new trade every day, plus other administrative tasks.

Thats not including that I play in several other leagues where I have responsibilities as well.

I'm not complaining so much as I'm just trying to get you guys to understand I'm busy and I'm doing my best. I worked 15 hours yesterday, give me some slack.

Regardless, if JSW does not hold up his end of the bargain on the trade review committee, I will find someone else who can.

21. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

I'm not blaming you for anything, I'm OFFERING TO HELP lol take some of the pressure off you so you don't have to worry about approval or denials of trades. Lol trying to make it easier for ya man.

22. DreSmithJr

these guys are tryna get instant apprpvals and thats not how it works. sorry. and being oon the committee u still cant vote on ur own trades kd. so relax. put the tears away

23. Keller

Easy on the tone Dre. He just said hes just trying to help.

24. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

I know I can't vote on my own trades, as I said I am on two committees already, and run my own league. I'm just saying for other trades. I pop on a lot so I can give an approval or denial on trades quicker so quicker response times that's all I'm saying. Just trying to lend a hand. Not a matter of tears or anything like that dude so I dunno where you are getting that from.

I'll just take care of my own team and let you all handle trades, Dre don't know where you think trying to help and offering to do something is anything but involving tears dude. It's trying to ease the commish's burden since he just said he is swamped with stuff. I'm a commish of a different league I know how much work it is, so any help you can get definitely makes it easier and is definitely appreciated.

25. Keller

If JSW continues to be unheard from I'll probably put you on the board. Cool?

Thanks for the all help.